Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:20 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Study Plan [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If you have them all that's good. I'd start with MGMAT Math Foundations or if you have issues with math, whatever area you feel most comfortable at.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
HI Lilli,
welcome to the Gmat club.I liked the way u said i already have everything what to do know :)

Well as bb said Veritas prep is suffice for ur study,but u can divide ur study in bit parts if u like.
Like u have powerscore CR bible i will say try to grasp the concepts from Veritas first if u find any trouble u can switch to CR Bible which is the best for CR or you can study the CR bible first and attempt questions provided in veritas course..
Likewise For nova Book i will say its not that much used by people for GMAT.You can read the review provided by BB on amazon.com for this book.it will tell u exactly which portion of the book are good and which are not worth..
i will say u shud start with on demand and when u find trouble with the concepts of Veritas try looking for the same in ur other books. that can help u....

Thanx
sandy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I still have the issue of my trip abroad. I think I will do Nova while I am away then come back and do Veritas, as suggested. I just don't find it feasible to carry 20 #s of books with me. Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Lilli, as others have suggested Nova isn't really known much in the realm of GMAT Preparation. What I'd advise is to first identify two or three key areas of weakness. Perhaps things you know you are weak in - whether it's Quant or Verbal and so on, and just take two or three of the Veritas books with you when you go. They are all pretty thin and should not take much space. Since you said it was a 5 week vacation, and we don't know how much you're willing to study in that time, you should give due consideration and take something that'll definitely help you - it IS a long period of time :)

The Powerscore CR strategy is excellent too, btw. The Veritas books, from what I've looked through, look really good :)

Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Lilli,

Stay away from NOVA. I checked out their book, their problems aren't that representative of GMAT problems.

Thanks,
Dawg
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks everyone- you have been wuite helpful. I think I will do as whiplash suggested and just take a few individual books. I actually discovered that I have until the beginning of January to take the test so I am less concerned about my 5 weeks away, BUT I am still definitely going to study.
GMAT Club Bot