Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 07:16 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 07:16
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Difficulty: 505-555 Level,   Tables,               
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [17]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q32 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: UWC
Own Kudos [?]: 8979 [22]
Given Kudos: 100
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51726 [14]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 36941 [7]
Given Kudos: 5834
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: The table summarizes information in several categories about the 9 [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Official Explanation

The last row in the "Self-check express lanes" column indicates that the average number of self-check express lanes per store is 6.89. The only two stores with average customer ages between 34 and 36 are Store A and Store F, each of which has 8 self-check express lanes—more than the average number, 6.89. So in each store with an average customer age between 34 and 36, the number of self-check express lanes is above average.

The correct answer is True.

Sorting the table by the "Average customer age" column, we see that stores with higher average customer ages generally tend to have fewer self-check unlimited lanes. Thus, the table shows a negative correlation between average customer age and the number of self-check unlimited lanes.

The correct answer is True.

Sorting the table by the "Self-check express lanes" column, we see that all three stores with less than the average number of self-check express lanes have restaurants, whereas only one store of the six with more than the average number of self-check express lanes has a restaurant. Thus, stores with fewer self-check express lanes than average are more likely to have restaurants than are stores with more self-check express lanes than average, not less likely.

The correct answer is False.
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: The table summarizes information in several categories about the 9 [#permalink]
As for the third statement, sort the table by Self-check express lanes. Look above the average and below the average. There are three stores (I, H, C) below the average. All of them do have restaurants. On the other hand, there are six stores (A, B, D, F, G, E) above the average. Most of them do not have restaurants. It is stated that stores with fewer lanes are less likely to have restaurants than stores with more lanes. But it's quite on the contrary. So, the statement is false.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 463 [4]
Given Kudos: 94
Send PM
Bookmarks
1) In store A -average customer age = 34.5 ->SCEL-8(>6.89-average),Store F also has SCEL 8 ---True
2)True - Since SCUL increases and the Avg customer age decreases
3)False - I is the exception here

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [5]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 630 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V30
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Kudos
2)True - Since SCUL increases and the Avg customer age decreases

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Can someone please explain this. There are exceptions at 6, 8 and one of the fours if we arrange it according to ACA in ascending order.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74329 [3]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I agree. There is a negative correlation trend between age and SCUL (nice acronym) but there are exceptions, so I answered "no" as well... I will have to ask for help from someone with more IR experience as to why GMAC would classify this as "True"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [10]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Kudos