Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:35 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Re: Took exam today. Unofficial score report. Question. [#permalink]
At this point I would not retake the GMAT. A score of 700 is a good score and would qualify for you the schools listed. I think that you time could be better spent writing essays and working to perfect other parts of the application.

Plus if I understand correctly, it sounds like you have already taken the GMAT once before, so now you are at twice. Most people don't like to see that you have taken the GMAT more than three times. So if worst comes to worst and you don't get accepted into your target schools, it might be nice to try one last time and really dominate the quant section. Basically, if was to be taking the GMAT for the third time, I would want to make darn sure that I did really well and made significant improvement to my weak areas (this could take more than the one month that you have to study and improve).

Best of luck.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
This score is a big unbalanced and your quant score is a bit low for some of the schools on your list -- Haas, LBS, Insead. If your goal is to get into one of these schools, then I would recommend taking the exam again. I would also recommend that you get a tutor for a few hours and go over areas of the exam that you found challenging. However, do not simply say you had a problem on the quant part of the exam -- you have to be specific -- for instance, I had problems with word problems where I had to integrate both geometric and algebraic concepts, or I had problems with data sufficiency when I had to do multi-variable algebraic equations. if you can target your problem to this degree and get the help you need from an expert, I am sure that with just a few hours of very targeted assistance, this aspect of the exam will improve dramatically.

On the other hand, I think you are fine with Rotman and HEC with these scores.

Good luck.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ManhattanReview wrote:
This score is a big unbalanced and your quant score is a bit low for some of the schools on your list -- Haas, LBS, Insead. If your goal is to get into one of these schools, then I would recommend taking the exam again. I would also recommend that you get a tutor for a few hours and go over areas of the exam that you found challenging. However, do not simply say you had a problem on the quant part of the exam -- you have to be specific -- for instance, I had problems with word problems where I had to integrate both geometric and algebraic concepts, or I had problems with data sufficiency when I had to do multi-variable algebraic equations. if you can target your problem to this degree and get the help you need from an expert, I am sure that with just a few hours of very targeted assistance, this aspect of the exam will improve dramatically.

On the other hand, I think you are fine with Rotman and HEC with these scores.

Good luck.

Kimberly Plaga
Manhattan Review

No, this was the first time I took the exam. So next time would be only the second. By the way, I have to say your Manhattan GMAT books were amazing. That's all I did to get the 700: those 8 books (I actually skipped most of the sentence correction book because it seemed pointless with all the stuff I had to memorize): read those books. That, plus 3 prep tests from the GMAT software.

If I did it again in a month I would certainly do better. For one, I would make sure I don't leave one or two questions unanswered at the end of the quant section, which is what I did this time. Second, I'll work on my speed for quant. I already know everything and given enough time I can handle all the quant sections. It's just the speed.

But then again, if 700 is good enough to get me to the best schools, I'd rather focus on my applications.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
We are Manhattan Review, not Manhattan GMAT.

Good luck in your process. The applications are meant to be challenging.

Kimberly Plaga
Manhattan Review
GMAT Club Bot