Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 01:17 It is currently 02 May 2024, 01:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q42  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q42  V42
Send PM
Re: University of Colorado - Leeds... Anyone? [#permalink]
Just got my acceptance email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :-D

I visited Boulder on 1/25 for an interview. Everything (obviously!) went well! What an insanely beautiful place to live - and I love the "sustainable personality" (my words, not Leeds') of the program.

Wow, it hasn't sunk in. I'm about to go from working for an unexciting automotive supplier in DETROIT to going to get my full-time MBA in Boulder! WOW! AHH!!!

The next question - when do I quit!?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Very exciting bud! Do you think we could exchange emails and talk more about it? Im interested in applying there, and need some pointers. Can you private message me your email?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
jwiner wrote:
Just got my acceptance email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :-D

I visited Boulder on 1/25 for an interview. Everything (obviously!) went well! What an insanely beautiful place to live - and I love the "sustainable personality" (my words, not Leeds') of the program.

Wow, it hasn't sunk in. I'm about to go from working for an unexciting automotive supplier in DETROIT to going to get my full-time MBA in Boulder! WOW! AHH!!!

The next question - when do I quit!?

Congrats!! Sounds like a great fit for you!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
I was impressed with their environmental program when I was looking last year. Alas, my concentration is more in social sustainability, so I didn't get very far. Beyond Grey Pinstripes ranks them quite well for their green-ness.
Manager
Manager
 Q42  V42
Send PM
Aaudet - I recall you provided your input a few months back, thanks again! One of the biggest selling points is the town of Boulder. Not just the skiing, biking, climbing, running - but it's also the epicenter of green startups and forward thinking! Can't wait! Get me outta Detroit!

By the way Aaudet... you would look good in one of our shirts (I bet). :wink: - getoffthebottle.org, click on the store link! :lol: Always the salesman...

Dakotus - PM'd.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jwiner wrote:
Aaudet - I recall you provided your input a few months back, thanks again! One of the biggest selling points is the town of Boulder. Not just the skiing, biking, climbing, running - but it's also the epicenter of green startups and forward thinking! Can't wait! Get me outta Detroit!

By the way Aaudet... you would look good in one of our shirts (I bet). :wink: - getoffthebottle.org, click on the store link! :lol: Always the salesman...

Dakotus - PM'd.

Oh, you're right...I did. Sorry to be redundant.

I like the site - many improvements since I last looked. Everyone at Fuqua either drinks coffee every day from a paper cup (not as bad, of course) or seems to be sucking on a plastic bottle.

Any information on leeching? People talk about it a lot, but I have to admit I've not looked at any research.

I think nalgene or metal bottles would be a good addition to your product line -- wait, do nalgenes leak? Who knows!

Oh, and there's a long chapter on the evils of plastic in "The World without Us." A great read.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q48  V36
Send PM
I was a CU undergrad, and if you like the outdoors you'll never want to move. I had to move for work, and I have thought of nothing else but returning to Colorado since. If you want to get really green, sell your car, buy a mountain bike and live near campus. You can ride almost everywhere in Boulder without getting on a street. While your there go to Conor Oneill's and have a pint of Guiness and a salmon boxty.
Manager
Manager
 Q42  V42
Send PM
Aaudet - Your redundancy is appreciated! I'm already trying to hype up my future alma-mater!

If by leeching you mean the breakdown of chemicals in the plastic bottles as a result of re-use, heat, freeze, etc., then my answer is "maybe". The debate is still up in the air. I have heard that plastic water bottles can "leech" - even Nalgene's (but I'm still alive...) Nalgene makes a "hard" plastic as well as a "soft" plastic bottle (similar to traditional bike water bottles). I have read that the "soft" water bottles do not leech like the "hard" ones could (possibly). i.e. https://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=58

Everyone everywhere (not only Fuqua!) drinks coffee out of paper and styrofoam cups and water out of plastic bottles! We are so freaking lazy - everything has to be disposable. Keep up the struggle! :)

I can't wait to read "The World Without Us", I have given it as a gift twice, but not yet read it! Have you checked out Deep Economy?

clarksdv2 wrote:
I was a CU undergrad, and if you like the outdoors you'll never want to move. I had to move for work, and I have thought of nothing else but returning to Colorado since. If you want to get really green, sell your car, buy a mountain bike and live near campus. You can ride almost everywhere in Boulder without getting on a street. While your there go to Conor Oneill's and have a pint of Guiness and a salmon boxty.

My roommate here in Michigan went to CU undergrad as well - he misses Boulder very much! I can't wait! As far as selling my car is concerned, I have thought of it... But those weekend jaunts into the mountains will be so much easier with my 4 cylinder! I plan to add a third bike to my quiver - a commuter bike. My mountain and road bikes are not the most practical "to campus and back" bikes!

I do not consider myself an environmentalist - just someone who cares. There are so many "low-hanging-fruits" which are so easy to reach (Canvas grocery bag, nalgene, bike, recycle, carpool, etc.) I do all of these things, and they in NO WAY negatively effect my quality or "convenience" of life - actually they enhance my quality of life..!

Imagine if (or when) all of the 2 billion Chinese and Indian population consumed the way we (Americans) do. We simply do not have the resources. Time to start setting an example!

Off my soap box,

J
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I LOVE my commuter bike - it's a Specialize Sirrus. It's so fast, but with flat handlebars and generally more commuter-friendly geometry. LOVE it.
Manager
Manager
 Q42  V42
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
I LOVE my commuter bike - it's a Specialize Sirrus. It's so fast, but with flat handlebars and generally more commuter-friendly geometry. LOVE it.

PERFECT commuter bike! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I'm trying to emulate my Scandanavian bretheren - more bikes than cylinders in my car!
GMAT Club Bot