Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4656 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2854 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Way to prepare. [#permalink]
Sawan Kumar wrote:
Hie everyone,

My name is Sawan kumar, i am a gmat aspirant
I have done my grad from delhi university in commerce and then i been working with
KPMG as an associate in audit department.
While working i did my one year diploma in banking and finance from Narsee Monjee institutes of management studies.
I have been working with KPMG for 18 months now.

For my gmat preparation i went to classroom but that didnt helped much. Then i came to know about veritas and i started watching and following them and i feel confident about it.

Now i have finished all the video sessions of veritas and i am in revising state now.
I have asked for a month leave from office to get proper practice and mocks.

Please help me out by telling , is my approach allright and which all mocks should i buy and where should i practice more, apart from OG
And veritas practice materials which is there after the lesson.

I aim to score 720 plus.

Thanks,
Sawan Kumar.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Sawan,

If you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. I would encourage you to buy the GMATPRPE EP1 and EP2. They are one of the most accurate indicators for your GMAT performance. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practice tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you practice all the questions from the GMATPREP Question Pack 1, the verbal review and the Quant review for some great additional practice.

Hope this helps. All the best.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1993 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Sawan Kumar wrote:
Hie everyone,

I have done my grad from delhi university in commerce and then i been working with
While working i did my one year diploma in banking and finance from Narsee Monjee institutes of management studies.

For my gmat preparation i went to classroom but that didnt helped much. Then i came to know about veritas and i started watching and following them and i feel confident about it.

Now i have finished all the video sessions of veritas and i am in revising state now.

Please help me out by telling , is my approach allright and which all mocks should i buy and where should i practice more, apart from OG

I aim to score 720 plus.

Thanks,
Sawan Kumar.

In my opinion, appear for a Gmatprep test now, two are downloadable free of cost from the GMAC website.
Then you will come to know your current level. As per that you can start working on your weaknesses.
Start practicing from the OG, Verbal and Quant review and go through each problem thoroughly. After you finish this you can go for Gmatprep test pack 1 and 2 which have 2 tests each but are paid.
Veritas test and MGMAT tests are the second best to Gmatprep. You can purchase either of them.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32976 [1]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Way to prepare. [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sawan Kumar wrote:
Hie everyone,

I aim to score 720 plus.

Thanks,
Sawan Kumar.

Best Mocks

1. Official GMAC (50+50$) RECOMMENDED
2. Manhattan GMAT (49$)
3. Veritas CATs (49$ but you can buy at 15-20$ During sale period)
4. GMAT Club Quant CATs (80$)
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64952 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sawan Kumar wrote:
Hie everyone,

I aim to score 720 plus.

Thanks,
Sawan Kumar.

I guess you have access to the Veritas tests. So including the 2 free official practice tests and 7 of ours, you would have 9 tests to take - more than sufficient. You can also buy some more official tests, if needed.
Have you worked through the curriculum? Checking out the videos is one thing - you do need to practice questions too. I am not completely sure on what you have done till now. Take a full length practice test and get back with your results. I will be in a better position to guide you then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Yes i have worked through, till now i have learnt the cocepts from videos and solve the practice questions after the videos..
And a touch from 2017 og as well..
I will get back after my 1st mock though.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
GMAT Club Bot