Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:06 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: 500 on the prep test [#permalink]
So any ideas on a good grammar book that can help me master the advanced topics. Also how do you prepare for the AWA section?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Welcome nmehta3.
I have a senior at my workplace named mehta. lol..i won't go into detail about it.

I am too planning for R1 this year. Started studying 15days ago. Not been satisfied with my score in practice test. Struggling with RC. Here on forum people recommend Aristotle 99 for RC. They say it has 99 most boring passages every written. Thinking of buying that and practicing.

For AWA, i take a sample essay and write it on my own words and then compare if i have identified conclusion and weakness in stem properly.

Let me know any updates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sentence correction is a lot about just matching off parts of speech. Try your best to simplify the sentence by removing all of the unnecessary components--interjections and such. As for the essay portion, I'd almost unequivocally take the negative, and focus on 3-4 considerations the prompt neglects to make. From my limited essay experience, a lot of the points seem valid, but make invalid assume on the framework of the situation.
GMAT Club Bot