Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 868 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: 520-560-350 on gmat prep???pls help [#permalink]
Kudos
PlanetEarth,

Why don't you just try retaking the GMATPrep from the new software once again and see what happens. Even, if you see questions you've seen before - who cares?

If you are getting 350 AGAIN on a second try on this new software - then you should really re-examine what you're getting wrong.

If you are get a 600 - then you can feel more confident that the 350 was an anomaly.

So just give it another shot and see what happens. Can't hurt.

And if you'd like another to test yourself further, you may check out: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

But at this point - you've already done so many tests - I would focus on really understanding your mistakes instead.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepBrandon wrote:
I am not sure whether it is a software bug on your computer or not, but given your score history on practice tests a goal of 600+ is not unreasonable. I would take the GMAT as planned in 2 weeks and do the best that you can do. If you were truly a 350 test taker, you would not be able to score so highly on all of the test prep practice tests you took. Don't psyche yourself out.

I hope this helps!!!

I think this can be a software bug(just to please myself, i am gonna delete both the versions of gmat prep software and download again).I have to exhaust gmat prep some how, personally i dont want to take it again :|

Thanks again for taking your time out and helping me, i am feeling very positive after your reply ... :)

Skag55 wrote:
I agree to what Brandon said. Don't stress it too much either. You may or may not achieve 600 in the real test, however what I believe counts the most is the experience of the whole thing.
Let's consider the worst case: you don't get 600. You get 590 or 400,doesn't matter. In a month's time, you'll give it a good go and you will definitely achieve a 600, since you've already done some prep. Either way it's for your benefit :)

I've got my test in a couple of weeks and I've been getting various results from 650 to 550, but I've decided that I need to take it once after months of prep and see how it goes. If it goes down the drain, at least I'll know how it is like the real thing, and I will be able to focus more in the areas that I think I need practice.

Thanks for your reply, i hope i get 600 in my first and only attempt.. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMATPill wrote:
PlanetEarth,

Why don't you just try retaking the GMATPrep from the new software once again and see what happens. Even, if you see questions you've seen before - who cares?

If you are getting 350 AGAIN on a second try on this new software - then you should really re-examine what you're getting wrong.

If you are get a 600 - then you can feel more confident that the 350 was an anomaly.

So just give it another shot and see what happens. Can't hurt.

And if you'd like another to test yourself further, you may check out: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

But at this point - you've already done so many tests - I would focus on really understanding your mistakes instead.

Thanks Gmat pill,

I have deleted the older versions of the test, and updated gmat prep again(Although it was the latest). Saw my score was still there so i have reset it and will take gmat prep 1 again tomorrow.

And yes i wont take gmat mocks every alternate now, the reason i wanted to do it was that i thought may be i wont be able to finish on time plus lack of concentration, i think 2 mocks in a week would suffice.

Really appreciate your advice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepBrandon wrote:
If you were truly a 350 test taker, you would not be able to score so highly on all of the test prep practice tests you took. Don't psyche yourself out.

I hope this helps!!!

Skag55 wrote:
I've got my test in a couple of weeks and I've been getting various results from 650 to 550, but I've decided that I need to take it once after months of prep and see how it goes. If it goes down the drain, at least I'll know how it is like the real thing, and I will be able to focus more in the areas that I think I need practice.

GMATPill wrote:
PlanetEarth,

Just wanted to say thanks again to you guys, i was really depressed yesterday, but i felt really positive to read all the comments. GmatPill thanks for your suggestion i took gmat prep1 again today. my score is...

610 Q45 V29

Cant tell you am feeling so happy, i have scored my personal best on all sections and overall score too...The earlier gmat prep definitely had some bug
(Deleted all the versions and downloaded newer one).

In quant i did not see even a single repeat, i verbal i saw 4 repeats.. :-D :-D
GMAT Club Bot