Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 23:44 It is currently 14 May 2024, 23:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 205
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
610 to 730 [#permalink]
josephgc29 wrote:
I’ve seen quite a few people give a post game analysis, so I thought I’d give my weigh in.

I’ve been revising for the gmat for 3 months and finally sat the exam yesterday and was glad to get a 730 (although made some careless errors and could have got more).

As like most people, I had not done maths for 6 or 7 years, so to fire up some of the old skills took some time. I signed up to Kaplan and started taking their CATs. My first two CAT scores were 610s, which was after a month of revising. I revised for a couple weeks again and went up to a 620, which was pretty disheartening, but kept going.

Two weeks after this, I took another CAT and went up to 680. I eventually took the GMAC mock and got a 700. I knew this wasn’t enough, so kept revising. My next CAT score though went down to a 690. My final two cat scores were 710, 730 and finally a 750 (which was a GMAC mock).

Anyway, I wanted to post what I found worked really well for me.

#1 for sentence correction listen to each gmat ninja video. They are so helpful and charles does a fantastic job at getting away from the hardline grammar rules, which really helped me in grasping the concept
#2 for RC, read the passage and understand it while you’re reading it. While skimming may work for some, it didn’t for me and when I actually understood the passage I could answer the questions much quicker anyway. This significantly improved my score.
#3 for CR, paraphrase, predict and find that conclusion! It really does improves your accuracy.

Finally for quant;
My quant score was around a 45 for most of my practice. I knew that I needed do dramatically improve this. After some deliberation, I decide to purchase the GMAT club CATs. Best decision I ever made. The questions are tough but really aid in grasping the concepts tested and the tricks the gmat likes to play. Brunel is truly fantastic and demonstrates the most efficient way to answer the questions. My quant on the final day was a 49, so was really a dramatic improvement.

I hope people find this helpful and wish all best of luck in their gmat endeavours.

Posted from my mobile device

That's a real good improvement and a great score.Can you please suggest how did you utilize the GMAT CATS to improve your quant score ..Like writing all the CATS or topicwise practice
Also whats were your average scores in GMATCLUB CATS
GMAT Club Bot
610 to 730 [#permalink]