Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 06:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1237 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1749 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! Congrats Lanter1! It's awesome to see the people who took the test recently all score above 700!!! Sorry to hear about the conditions, but you are right, 710 is just as good as 730! You're done!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: 710 (Q48, V39) ... [#permalink]
lanter1 wrote:
First, I want to think all of my fellow GMAT club members for their support during this arduous process. I will post a more detailed explanation later.

On a side note, the AC in the building where I took my test today was broken. I believe one of the administrators said it was 85 degrees in the building and 100 outside. They gave me the opportunity to re-schedule at no cost. However, I was ready. I may have scored 730 if the air had been on because I started to fade toward the middle of verbal, but there's no major difference between 710 and 730.

do not worry about the what ifs. you did awesome, and you get respect for knowing that you were ready and not letting the heat stand in the way!

Also, if you are a lefty, try to practice with the notepad before the test. I kept smearing my work on quant and had to work one question twice (may have been caused by sweat from the heat as well).

Time to party...will post details in the morning. Thanks GMAT club.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score, man!
Can't wait for your debrief tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Whoaaaa, how uncanny, lanter1!! Same day, same overall score and almost the same math and verbal scores :)

Congratulations on your score and best of luck with school applications 8-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
lanter1,

i have been following your posts and knew you would crak 700. Wonderful score. Conngratulations. :)

Good luck with the apps :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1598 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow. Congrats on the great score. I am not sure I will be able to focus in this type of heat.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
My path to GMAT has been about a 4 month ordeal. I took the test in 2004 and scored a 620 (can't remember the breakdown). I decided to re-take last summer and bought all of the necessary prep material but decided to put it off until now.

The prep material included the OG 11, math guide, and verbal guide with the Princeton and Kaplan books along with Manhattan SC and word translations. I am not a great standardized test taker and only got a 23 on the ACT. That's right, a 23. Absolutely horrible score.

My goal at the beginning of prep was a 680. I thought a 680 would get me into a decent school and I could still get the job I wanted. The GMAT club changed my thought process on this. Not only does GMAT matter when applying to schools but it also matters when applying for jobs. So I set a new goal to not be satified and to shoot for 720.

Between doing the GMAT challenges (worth the money) and prepping with Manhattan SC, I got more than enough practice during this process.
I had two quant questions today that were almost identical to two DS questions I had written on flashcards during the GMAT club challenges. They are worth the money. I have heard several people commit on the explanations, but there are multiple ways to solve problems and this must be remembered. I didn't agree with every explanation in OG, but it's still worth the money.

I would like to thank trahul, kryzak, bmwhype (I don't think anyone has ever posted more SC problems), himalayan, sumande, fig, anonymousgmat, rhyme, Briks 123, UMB, MisterJJ2U, positivesoul (an inspiration to us all) and kevincan. I am sorry if I missed you and you deserved to be on this list-I will add more. Great explanations and support. This is without a doubt the best site for inspiration and prep. There is another site trying to be this site (many of you know it), but it is well behind GMAT CLUB.

Test Prep Results (not in chronological order):
GMAT PREP 1 720
GMAT PREP 1 710 (retake-guessed on two quant question in the first one, got them as repeats in the second, and got them wrong on purpose. This gave me a better idea of my score)
GMAT PREP 2 730 (if only I had some AC)
MGMAT 1 690
MGMAT 2 690
MGMAT 3 690 (recurring theme)
PR 1 650
PR 2 650
PR 3 680
PR 4 720
PR online 700
Kaplan paper test 700
GMAT paper test 690
GMAT paper test 740
GMAT paper test 780 (missed 5 verbal questions...luck!)

Word to the wise on practice tests. PR quant scoring sucks. Don't believe it. MGMAT is a pretty good indicator although the math is harder than the real thing (too time consuming). You can add about 4 to 6 points on your PR quant score and about 2 to 3 on your MGMAT quant score.

My quant section today was the easiest quant section of my whole prep. Obviously, I still made stupid errors, but there was only one question that had me sort of lost. I think the reason for this is that my last two weeks of prep have been quant intensive. I wanted a 48 on quant due to knowing that I would get 85% or more on verbal. I am not that great at quant, but I learned my concepts and practiced a ton. Their were ZERO combination/perm questions...I was disappointed after all that prep for them. There were a lot of number properties questions, but no modulus either.

As for verbal, I don't know. My score today was the lowest I have received in any test and it was the hardest verbal section of any test. The RC was comparable, if not harder, than LSAT. I have not been confused on any RC questions until today and today I was lost on several questions and RC has been my strongpoint in prep (only missing a max of 2 per test). The conditions may have accounted for this, but I am not an excuse person and when I first walked in to the center it was humorous that there was no air. I kept thinking of Murphy and that stupid law. The ladies were nice about it and even offered to let me take it with my shirt off (one of them said I had to keep my pants on). I passed on this but everyone in the test center was obviously suffering.

I know someone will ask where I am applying. I sent my scores to Yale, Cornell, NYU, Duke and North Carolina. I may sprinkle some Harvard, U of Chicago and/or Columbia on top for fun (more apps-yuck).

As a conclusion, if I can do this any of you can. I truly mean that. Set your goals high and work to achieve them. Only you can make it happen. This process has tough times and great times. There will be times when you want to quit. Be tougher than those times. Don't let this test beat you, Dammit. I have faith that everyone on this board can reach their potential and their goal. You can get 700. Believe in yourself and your abilities and the sky is the limit. See ya on apps pages.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
great debrief lanter1! Good job again! I too found that the math was absurdly easier than all of my preps (even powerprep and PR!), and verbal was harder than any GMATPrep/PowerPrep I've ever done. I was actually confused by the RC/CR, which almost never happens...

But in the end, you got a GREAT score, and found a group of people who will support each other through this difficult application season! see you in the B-school app area soon! ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good to know that Math was easy. I hope this is the case for me too.
All the best with your apps. I hope to join you guys soon :-)
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Kryz and Trahul.

Trahul, you will join us soon.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats !! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 583 [0]
Send PM
Re: 710 (Q48, V39) ... [#permalink]
Congrats for your decent score.

What are your dream schools and which schools are you targeting????????

Best of luck for your application process!!!!!!!!!!
Current Student
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Himalayan...i have been refining my dream schools and my more realistic schools. I think I will apply to Wharton, Columbia, Yale, Stern, and maybe Duke in R1.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulations!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend