Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
Re: 710 (Q49, V 38), AWA 4.5 - retake? Need advice! [#permalink]
I would not retake if I was you.

Not speaking from personal experience, but a typical tier 0 candidate has a 700 score, top 20 university, 3-7 years work experience, moves up the ladder, has some big projects, has management experience, or otherwise very unique work experience. And good essays.
Director
Director
Send PM
Somebody posted a wharton finance club resume book on this board before. All I can say is wow, and I am no where close to where they are. I can only imagine Harvard will be even more "wower" than Wharton's book.
https://daveformba.blogspot.com/2004/07/wharton-resumes.html

You can buy these if you want:
https://www.hbs.edu/mba/recruiting/requestinfo/
But you can obtain an copy somewhere else, if you are serious about going to HBS. I mean you have to know what their resumes look like and what their application essays look like. Other wise, you are betting yourself against all odds.

Anyway, i think myself (or anybody else in this case) can get a Wharton score, but getting in is another story. :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
I think if your profile is strong then I would not retake. If your a younger applicant and you know you can score higher and it was a off day, then I would retake.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Send PM
I personally would not retake it. Be happy with your 700+ score and move on. I honestly would not sweat the AWA score that much. Just make sure you submit solid essays with no grammatical mistakes, etc. and that will be proof enough to AdCom that your writing skills are just fine.

Congratulate yourself again for a great score and now move on to the next important part of the application - essays. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I don't have an ideal profile, so I wanted my GMAT score to be an additional +, but not -. I'm rather young (24), female, with 2 years in real estate consulting (multinational company) and 2 years of part-time work (investment dep. in very small company and internships in banks), not much management experience but had a number of interesting projects. I have very close to 4.0 GPA (it's around 3.97 or something like that) from top 5 university in our country, specialization - finance. Any more thoughts about my chances are welcome.
Director
Director
Send PM
Post it on admission advisory forum. :-D
I think you have a good profile for elite schools. Not sure about Harvard or Standford though, but ask accepted.com or hjort.

My personal opinion is that you are good for school such as Wharton, with good essays and applications. No need to retake, but if you are really confident to get a 760-790, then I say do it. Don't retake if you want to shoot for 730-740.

but in any case, post it on the admission advisory forum. They will sure to help you. :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts