Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:01 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: 720 (Q49 V39 IR4) [#permalink]
Admissionado wrote:
Rockstar20:

Thanks for posting in our forum.

ZS is a great firm and you have a good GMAT score, though your verbal score could be higher for some of top tier schools. However, there is a lot more to someone's application than their GMAT score and work experience. Can you please provide more information? Where did you go to school and what was your major? What was your GPA? What kind of extracurricular activities or awards can you tout from college? Are you involved in any leadership efforts in or outside of work?

Also, what kind of school are you targeting? Are you going for the best you can get into or do you have any preferences in terms of geography, focus area, class size, etc.?

Your best bet is to schedule a free consultation with us. We can confidentially discuss your profile in more depth, help you build a preliminary school list and walk you through our application support services. That would be way more productive than an anonymous posting.

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Admissionado

Hi Admission Ado,

I have done my graduation ( B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering ) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India with a CGPA of 9.04/10 (90.4%) . Also I have been a 2 time merit scholarship holder (2 consecutive years ) in my college .

My 10th class CGPA has been 10 CGPA (95 %) and 12th class percentage has been 91.8%

I have worked for 2 clubs in my college -:

1) Cultural club in which I was a part of the event organizing team and played a role of a cultural head i.e talking to the managers of renowned musicians and sufi artists , planning out the cultural events etc.

2) Science & Maths Club - Here I was a part of their management team wherein I helped them organize several fun maths & science challenges.

I have worked for 2 NGO’s as well -:

One was a Wildlife conservation NGO wherein I was a part of the team which rescued animals on road which were hurt ( due to accidents with cars etc.)

Second was an NGO wherein I taught underprivileged kids and helped them gather resources such as school books , school bags etc.

In ZS, I have been working closely with a US pharma client and i handle their sales incentive compensation and goal setting . I analyze extensive retail and outlet level sales data to create useful insights and also do call planning for field reps to optimize customer reach . I have also provided ad hoc analytical support for clients to help cater to varying demands from field representatives.
Working at ZS has led me learning about a lot of new dimensions of how the industry works , also analyzing the real sales data helps understanding the different areas where things can be improved to get better profits for the company .

This all has led me to derive insights and look in those directions which are generally ignored by us.

Look forward to your response!

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rockstar20:

Thank you for sharing all of this information! You have a nice profile with some good work experience (though you will be on the young side, which may hurt your chances slightly)and some quality extracurricular activities. You also bring nice grades to the table along with a solid GMAT (though for your competitive demographic, getting a 730+ is marginally better).

However, I didn't get an answer to my questions about schools:
"Also, what kind of school are you targeting? Are you going for the best you can get into or do you have any preferences in terms of geography, focus area, class size, etc.?"

That will help me give you a general range based on your interests.

-Admissionado
Current Student
Send PM
Admissionado wrote:
Rockstar20:

Thank you for sharing all of this information! You have a nice profile with some good work experience (though you will be on the young side, which may hurt your chances slightly)and some quality extracurricular activities. You also bring nice grades to the table along with a solid GMAT (though for your competitive demographic, getting a 730+ is marginally better).

However, I didn't get an answer to my questions about schools:
"Also, what kind of school are you targeting? Are you going for the best you can get into or do you have any preferences in terms of geography, focus area, class size, etc.?"

That will help me give you a general range based on your interests.

-Admissionado

Hi Admission Ado,

Thanks for the response

I am aiming for the top 50 b schools primarily in US, Canada .

Also I am looking to pursue my MBA in Strategy Consulting or Finance

Please help me in finding some top schools based on my profile.

Thanks and looking forward to your response.

Posted from my mobile device
Moderator:
Admissionado
9221 posts