Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: 760(Q-51,V-41) in 2 months- IMPOSSIBLE means I Am Possible [#permalink]
Srilankanaspirant wrote:
What was your approach while practicing questions in SC and CR ? I mean should i firstly finish all the topics and then practice questions at the end of the sc grail and from OG13 or should i practice them topicwise ?

OG questions are the best. Firstly do the SC Grail topic plus the questions at the end of it and then move to OG13.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Srilankanaspirant wrote:
What was your approach while practicing questions in SC and CR ? I mean should i firstly finish all the topics and then practice questions at the end of the sc grail and from OG13 or should i practice them topicwise ?

FWTW, I also practice questions topicwise. It doesn't make sense to practice them randomly. I pick a topic,go through it from the grail series and then do the practice topicwise
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
abhinavarya wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:

FWTW, I also practice questions topicwise. It doesn't make sense to practice them randomly. I pick a topic,go through it from the grail series and then do the practice topicwise

Where did you get the topicwise matrix of sc grail questions ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Jollys wrote:
abhinavarya wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:

Where did you get the topicwise matrix of sc grail questions ?

I wrote to their support. They sent me the topicwise matrix..Just check with them
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Srilankanaspirant wrote:

I think practicing questions topicwise is the way to go- it really helps you master that particular area.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
abhinavarya wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:

I think practicing questions topicwise is the way to go- it really helps you master that particular area.

Agreed. The same goes for quant also or for that matter any area in life in which you are weak in- focus on one thing, master it, move on to the next thing. That's the mantra of success
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ajax1 wrote:
abhinavarya wrote:
Srilankanaspirant wrote:

Agreed. The same goes for quant also or for that matter any area in life in which you are weak in- focus on one thing, master it, move on to the next thing. That's the mantra of success

That's the very strategy that I have been able to improve my quant score and even the verbal score
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
gonegirl76 wrote:
I am about to take the GMAT in another 2 weeks and I'm wondering what should be my gameplan for the last 2 weeks. I have done 4 MGMAT tests so far. Apart from the remaining 2 MGMAT and the GMATPREP series, should I be doing something else

Good luck with your exam!

I believe your question is slightly a 10,000 feet level question, because the obvious recommendation would be to work on your relatively weaker areas for the next 2 weeks. So, if you had shared with us your scores in the mocks that you have given so far, it would have helped the experts give more specific advice.

Anyway, on the basis of the information that you have provided, I would think you should do the following:

i) Focus on relatively weaker areas
ii) Don't completely ignore your strong areas
iii) There are a total of 4 GMATPrep tests. Exhaust all of them.
iv) I have read on some of the forums that you should not give any mock in the 2-3 days before the exam.
v) Have a very light day, on the day just before the exam and don't strain too much
vi) Visit the forums a lot, and read the responses, especially in the 700+ category.
vii) If you have been maintaining the error log, make sure you go through it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sukanyar wrote:
gonegirl76 wrote:
I am about to take the GMAT in another 2 weeks and I'm wondering what should be my gameplan for the last 2 weeks. I have done 4 MGMAT tests so far. Apart from the remaining 2 MGMAT and the GMATPREP series, should I be doing something else

Good luck with your exam!

I believe your question is slightly a 10,000 feet level question, because the obvious recommendation would be to work on your relatively weaker areas for the next 2 weeks. So, if you had shared with us your scores in the mocks that you have given so far, it would have helped the experts give more specific advice.

Anyway, on the basis of the information that you have provided, I would think you should do the following:

i) Focus on relatively weaker areas
ii) Don't completely ignore your strong areas
iii) There are a total of 4 GMATPrep tests. Exhaust all of them.
iv) I have read on some of the forums that you should not give any mock in the 2-3 days before the exam.
v) Have a very light day, on the day just before the exam and don't strain too much
vi) Visit the forums a lot, and read the responses, especially in the 700+ category.
vii) If you have been maintaining the error log, make sure you go through it.

Very good advice. I think you have summed it up very nicely.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ss955 wrote:
I wish I had discovered this forum when I was preparing for the GMAT for the first time. But glad that I have discovered it. It's very helpful

Never too late to get started on the right track. Hope you make the most out of your prep this time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts