Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: 780 GMAT, low GPA, Poor work history, please advise. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Given that the average incoming student at the M7 programs has about 5 years of full-time experience, I would suggest working another year before applying, at least based on what I know of you now. You may have a shot at schools just outside that m7 now with a great story and depending upon the leadership you have in and outside of work, as well as great recommendations. The schools want to ensure that every class member can contribute a lot of stories, experience, perspective etc based upon their extensive work experience, so that you learn from classmates as well as from curriculum & professors, so with less experience they may be hesitant... plus they turn away so many strong applicants every year who do have a lot more experience, so sometimes it comes down to competition.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Given that the average incoming student at the M7 programs has about 5 years of full-time experience, I would suggest working another year before applying, at least based on what I know of you now. You may have a shot at schools just outside that m7 now with a great story and depending upon the leadership you have in and outside of work, as well as great recommendations. The schools want to ensure that every class member can contribute a lot of stories, experience, perspective etc based upon their extensive work experience, so that you learn from classmates as well as from curriculum & professors, so with less experience they may be hesitant... plus they turn away so many strong applicants every year who do have a lot more experience, so sometimes it comes down to competition.

Thanks for that informative post. I'll apply to the M14 then, and see what happens. Thanks a lot once again!
Send PM
Expert Reply
You are most welcome, keep us posted !
Moderator:
1452 posts