Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 08:04 It is currently 09 May 2024, 08:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 951 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Life
Schools:Hard Knocks
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Ross Class of 2011
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Re: 800Score.com tests compared to real GMAT Quant [#permalink]
I appreciate the responses. The last score I got for the 800Score.com tests was 41. What I did differently for this one than for the others, is that if I got stumped on a question, I was more likely to take an educated guess at it, or if I could round some numbers and get an approximation, I did that. (On one question such as this, I got the numbers right by rounding, but then put them in the wrong order to to get the ratio. 2/4 for 0.5 rather than the correct answer of 4/2 or 2. Tomorrow night after work I'm going to take one of the full length CATs included on my KAPLAN CD. I think this will be closer to what I can expect when I take the GMAT again early June (took it late April first time for a score of 650 [v38, Q42]).
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Kaplan ? Accurate ?? haha .. mate you're in for a shock tomorrow. Kaplan is the WORST when it comes to really awful / tough scoring.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Kaplan ? Accurate ?? haha .. mate you're in for a shock tomorrow. Kaplan is the WORST when it comes to really awful / tough scoring.

Can you explain exactly what you mean? Does Kaplan give better scores than the real thing, worse scores than the real thing? I'm guessing buy you saying "tough" scoring that a 600 from Kaplan equals a lot higher on the real thing? Is this because their questions are harder or possibly their formula for computing the score is messed up?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Ross Class of 2011
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Well I have the old Kaplan Test that came with the 2005 Premier book and the highest I was able to get was a 620 vs. 760 for MGMAT and 710 on the real thing. I heard they changed the test but my rule of thumb is to add 100 points to the score.
VP
VP
 Q47  V42
Send PM
That makes a lot of sense. I bought the KAPLAN stuff prior to taking it my first time and read through them. Then took about 6 weeks off, scheduled the test and hit the math workbook really hard. On the practice stuff I was getting mid-500s. When I took the real thing, I got a 650. After I got that without really preparing the right way, I starting thinking "What can I get on this thing if I work at it?" So I found this forum, and will be rescheduling my test for June.

Thanks for your feedback.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37406 posts