Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:18 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 161 [0]
Given Kudos: 260
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28580 [1]
Given Kudos: 130
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28580 [1]
Given Kudos: 130
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: A mistake in OG2015 CR questions 113 answer explanation on page 652 [#permalink]
Page 275, Verbal Review, 2nd Edition (Explanation for choice B):
"Because the themes of Dove’s poetry encompass the human condition and deal with racial issues, there is no
need to make this a compound sentence by introduce a new grammatical subject, she, in a final clause."

Isn't the word 'introduce' here wrong? It should be introducing?!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: A mistake in OG2015 CR questions 113 answer explanation on page 652 [#permalink]
mikemcgarry wrote:
apolo wrote:
Page 275, Verbal Review, 2nd Edition (Explanation for choice B):
"Because the themes of Dove’s poetry encompass the human condition and deal with racial issues, there is no
need to make this a compound sentence by introduce a new grammatical subject, she, in a final clause."

Isn't the word 'introduce' here wrong? It should be introducing?!

Dear apolo,
Yes, my friend, you are perfectly correct. That's another bonafide typo in the official material. As you say, it should be "introducing."

As I have said before, the questions in the official material have been tested and vetted at multiple stages: they are impeccable. By contrast, explanations in the OG have not been tested in front of students, have not been vetted by anything other than probably a couple folks looking them over. Very few pieces of written material on earth have been tested as thoroughly as the GMAT questions: inevitably, there's going to be a drop in quality when we move from their questions to their explanations.

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

Thanks Mike for your help.
That seems logical. exam tests must be as flawless as possible, because they are used in real exam that is meant to measure test-takers abilities, knowledge, etc., as precisely as possible. Explanations, however, are far less important than questions themselves.
I think GMAC can count on me as a reviewer of their explanations, as I read their explanations word by word. Perhaps I should talk to them :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13966 posts