Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management
Schools:UCLA (Applied), ROss (Applied), UNC (Waitlisted), Emory (Waitlisted). mcCombs (Waitlisted), kellogg (Interviewed), Haas (Ding)
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 730
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management
Schools:UCLA (Applied), ROss (Applied), UNC (Waitlisted), Emory (Waitlisted). mcCombs (Waitlisted), kellogg (Interviewed), Haas (Ding)
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 730
Send PM
Re: Admission to top 10 US B Schools [#permalink]
tomarsid wrote:
Thanks a lot for the reply..

I wish to do MBA(Finance) and get into investment banking.

I would really appreciate if you could tell me my prospects of getting into any top 10 US B schools.
Also, how much GMAT score is required for the same?
Is my profile strong enough to get into Wharton, HBS or Stanford GSB?

Thanks in advance

Hi Sid,

In US there are several B schools which have 'finance' as their core strengths. Examples of such schools would be Wharton, Columbia, Darden and many others.

The selection in B school is demography dependent and your application would be in the Indian pool, one of the very competitive pools in B school admission. I strongly believe your profile is quite unique, distinct and very impressive for this pool and you have very high chances of making into top B schools ( this is subective :) ). Why I am saying this is since Indian applicant pool is quite dominated by candidates from IT/software background and your profile definitely stands out. Further your profile also adds diversity to the class. Having said that, there are also other important elements such as GMAT and Essays.

In the Indian applicant pool, a score of 700+ would make you competitive for a top B school. This is not to say a lesser score cannot guarantee you a spot in your dream school. THis is just to better your chances of landing up in school of your choice.

Essays are very crucial part of B school application. Each school has a different set of essays and you need to demonstrate genuinely why you need a MBA from a particular school and how does it help you in short/long term goals. Further in your case, why a paramount shift from battle field to investment management (IM) domain? What made you to switch your career track into IM? You would be required to answer such questions in essays along with other questions on leadership and team play (which I think you have immense :P ).

Hope this helped!
-time4mba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Admission to top 10 US B Schools [#permalink]
Dear peer review,

I am waiting for your reply

thanks in advance

regards