Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 17:57 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 944 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would say be happy and let it give you confidence, but do NOT become overconfident and think you're automatically going to get that sort of score. I got a 710 on the real thing and had the following scores on practice tests...

PR - 690
PR - 700
Kaplan - 570
PR - 730
Kaplan - 610
GMATPrep - 730
MGMAT - 690
MGMAT - 720 (3 days before exam)
GMATPrep - 760 (note - although I didn't do a reboot, I got a couple of the same questions in this as the other test.... so I thought this was probably equivalent to a 730-740) -- 2 days before exam
MGMAT - 730 (day before exam)

Some people go the other way and do better on the real deal than they've done on the practices, but I think 80%+ fall into my situation -- they do right around their range of practice tests, or slightly worse. What I'm saying is just don't get overconfident.

Good luck!

Marcus
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i have mine tomorrow..

will let you know how it goes..

pls pray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got a 660 the first time.....................................................

i know this is it....... i am going to do it :)))))))))))))))))))
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Will pray for u! Good luck!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
here is my data if it helps you..........
Attachments

untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG [ 97.47 KiB | Viewed 2066 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
freetheking (wow, you still try to practise in the last minutes) , willget800 and pelihu, best lucks to your test days!!!! Three of you are very very promising candidates for 700+ ( I'm sure you'll get much higher than 700 :) ) ..I'm sure Rhyme will have to lessen his storage of Trophy cups soon :-D
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks laxie!!!!

I am excited!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks laxie!! :lol:
Will not be nervous on the test day!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wowie!!

I just checked out your study chart, willget800. It's obvious that you have definitely put in the effort. That's at least 28 entire practice tests, with many AWAs as well. It seems like your score has been trending upward, so I really hope you do well on the exam. I will be looking forward to your report.

My own practice has been much more modest. I started studying for the GMAT about a month ago, but I just started reviewing problems on GMATclub about 2 weeks ago. Before that, I was just browsing GMATclub for Hjort's school reports :oops: I do have a good history with standardized tests, and in the past I have actually done better on test day than in practice.

Anyhow, my preperation scores have been as follows, in order:

GMATprep 1: 770 (50Q/45V if I recall, I didn't record section scores)

Paper Test 14: 770 (56Q/51V old style raw score)

GMATprep 2: 760 (48Q/48V if I recall)

Paper Test 31: 770 (54Q/47V old style raw score)

Paper Test 55: 710 (44Q/41V old style raw score)

GMATprep 1: 750 (48Q/47V - retake not many repeats)

Paper Test 52: 760 (50Q/44V old style raw score)

GMATprep 2: 770 (49Q/46V - retake, few repeats)

If I can just fall within the range in which I've been practicing I'd be very happy. I've been between 48-50Q and 45-48V on the GMATprep. The thing is, in my first GMATprep I thought I got hammered by the Q, whereas in the most recent practice I felt I was doing great.

As far as AWA, I've only done one brief practice, but I feel well prepared because of the years I spent analyzing issues in law school. I'm full of BS :)

My practice range is really narrow, especially on the GMATprep exams. As long as the GMATprep software is very similar to the real thing, I feel pretty well prepared. It wouldn't hurt if I could get lucky on a few of the toughest Q questions!

Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck to all.

(I should mention that I also took a Kaplan CAT from their premier program CD - what a nightmare! I started the exam, and about 40 minutes into it, the software crashed! I called Kaplan, and was actually told by a phone representative that I should contact the store I bought it from! I did eventually get a call back from a manager that apologized. I restarted the exam and was able to get through it without the software crashing, though screen changes were sometimes very slow, like the software was getting hung up. Anyhow, I scored a 590. A short way into the exam I came to the conclusion that the questions were not representative of actual GMAT questions and that I was wasting my time. Still, I worked through the test just so I could see my score. 590, what a joke. I'd be willing to bet my car against Kaplan that I will do better than that on the real thing. It's not that their questions are hard, it's that they are ambiguous and poorly written. I got 4 150+ line RC questions - yet my score was only in the 500s? What do they throw at 700 scorers, 500 lines? Heck, you could stump the fastest reader in the world if you just throw an entire book at him in a 2 minute reading section. Anyhow, my advice to anyone thinking about using Kaplan? Avoid, avoid avoid! I will admit that I picked up a few good tips in the math review section.)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts