Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GPA: 3.9
WE:Asset Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1603 [0]
Given Kudos: 1002
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.01
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Advice needed: Learning progess [#permalink]
liho wrote:
Hello there!

GMAT really drives me nuts.

I study with the Manhattan Guides 0-9 and the OG +OVG and OQG 2018.
I took the first CAT in the Manhattan online portal before starting my study and failed with a score of 480.
Since I scored better in V then in Q I decided to go through the Foundations Guide first. Yesterday, I took a glance at the OG 2018 Diagnotic Test and that made me feel as if I hadn't made any progress the last 3 couple of weeks.

I want to have my syllabus straight! I need to score 650-680, so thats my target and I have 10 weeks left.
How much exercises a day shall I do? Now that I have finished the Foundations of Math, which of the other Guides am I supposed to start with now?
Where do I get more Preptests from? I need a straight pattern.

I feel a little lost. Please help meee

Hey liho,

First of, GMAT is a marathon and not a sprint. You need to chill a bit and don't rush in haste for any study material. As per my experience and that of many in the club, I can tell you that if you study religiously quant from here https://gmatclub.com/forum/forum7/, then you need not to study any other material from outside to score 680. Follow Bunuel, VeritasKarishma, stonecold, to improve Quant score. Manhattan guides are best to wrap up basics in detail.

You can do 10 questions from each topic with mixed difficulties daily, but make sure to review every question from easy to difficult in detail.

You can also opt for Magoosh Quant material. I found it good.

Regards,

QZ
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32917 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
liho wrote:
Hello there!

I took the first CAT in the Manhattan online portal before starting my study and failed with a score of 480.
Since I scored better in V then in Q I decided to go through the Foundations Guide first. Yesterday, I took a glance at the OG 2018 Diagnotic Test and that made me feel as if I hadn't made any progress the last 3 couple of weeks.

I want to have my syllabus straight! I need to score 650-680, so thats my target and I have 10 weeks left.
How much exercises a day shall I do? Now that I have finished the Foundations of Math, which of the other Guides am I supposed to start with now?

Best Books

1. Manhattan GMAT Quant Guides
2. Manhattan GMAT Verbal guides
or Aristotle Verbal Guide for CR critical reasoning bible is best book with 300+ pages of comprehensive Data

Strategies

Start with Quant, learn the concepts tested on GMAT. After learning, practice your learned section with timed practice. You can also take quizzes to meet the pace of GMAT. 1 Month for learning concepts and 15 days of practice and same with the verbal. When completed all the concepts learning and handsome practice. Take full lenght CATs, know your estimated score. Analyze the result with Correct/incorrect questions, pacing analysis trace your mistakes and learn from them, make an error log to know your mistakes in the previously attempted questions

Best Mocks

1. Official GMAC (50+50$)
2. Manhattan GMAT (49$)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1989 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
liho wrote:
Hello there!

Hi
In my opinion the MGMAT guides are sufficient for theory and covers all topics of the Gmat. For practice, you can refer to the OG and Quant and Verbal reviews. Regarding more preptests, attempt a Gmatprep test. Two tests can be downloaded free from the mba.com website. For additional tests, you can purchase the test pack 1 and 2, each contains two tests and are the best simulation to the actual Gmat.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thank you guys for your advices!

The Manhattan Guides come in handy but to me it seems as if the questions in the drill sets aren't hard and tricky enough.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi liho,

With a 480, your immediate issues have NOTHING to do with hard/tricky questions. In my prior post, I suggested that you take a new, FULL-LENGTH CAT (with the Essay and IR sections) so we can get a sense of how effective your studies have been so far. That advice still applies. Once you have that score, you should report back and we can discuss how best to proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
liho wrote:
Yesterday, I took a glance at the OG 2018 Diagnotic Test and that made me feel as if I hadn't made any progress the last 3 couple of weeks.
The diagnostic test is not particularly easy. You might want to consider doing a different test (perhaps an adaptive test).
GMAT Club Bot