It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 06:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help with study plan required urgently

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Help with study plan required urgently [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 08:44
Hi All

How are you?

I need some suggestion. Would really appreciate if anyone can read below and advice.

I have been using magoosh since an year but due to personal commitment i left preparation for gmat midway. I just renewed Magoosh service (paid nominal fees of $50) and would be planning to give gmat again. I am targeting to give gmat by Mid November considering that I had already started preparation a bit last year.
For background I am not a native english speaker and I am comfortable with math. I was struggling a lot with english with around 50% accuracy. Quant I was getting around 70-80% accuracy.

Now I have following materials available:

1. Magoosh premium service
2. GMAT Club ultimate Grammar- I referred this document for learning basics of english as i am a non native english speaker. Also i was struggling a lot with sentence correction and reading comprehension so thought of picking this up. I have also started reading books as per your recommendation on blogs and suggestions on books to read. Have taken membership of a library and hiring books from there.
3. Aristotle Sentence correction and reading comprehension
4. Powerscore Critical Reasoning- Referred this book parallel to Magoosh videos for CR
5. Powerscore Sentence Correction/ Reading Comprehension
6. GMAT Official guide 2016 along with Verbal and Math books
7. MGMAT All Book Series

I was initially following 3 months beginners study schedule of magoosh last year but half way down i realised that i was struggling a lot with Verbal, which is why I went back to basics and started referring other material that i mentioned above.

I was finding verbal videos of magoosh confusing, simply because i guess I did not have proficient knowledge of Grammar.

What would be your advice to improve my verbal? Go through grammar book of gmat club followed by magoosh videos/ aristotole SC/ Powerscore CR/ Aristotle RC and then official guide?

Before starting I would want to formulate a concrete plan for GMAT so would want your input before starting as to which material I should finalise.

For Quant I am thinking of sticking with magoosh material followed with official guide and MGMAT and free material suggestion as per your blog. What is your input?

Lastly, does it make sense to buy Official Guide 2018 along with new Quant and verbal books? Or ignore them and stick with 2016 official guide set that I already have?

I am working and can devote daily 2-3 hours on weekdays and 6-8 hours on weekends.

Let me know your input on above things so that I can plan my schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Zubin

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Magoosh Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
P
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat

Kudos [?]: 3406 [0], given: 172

GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Help with study plan required urgently [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 14:31
Hi Zubin,

Since you're restarting your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from http://www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Kudos [?]: 3406 [0], given: 172

Help with study plan required urgently   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2017, 14:31

Help with study plan required urgently

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap