Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 06:16 It is currently 14 May 2024, 06:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8857 [19]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8857 [3]
Send PM
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8857 [0]
Send PM
Re: Although the journal Social Text was never at the forefront of publish [#permalink]
Expert Reply
hongg7 wrote:
Could someone help me in how answer D is wrong in the first question and how answer C is correct? Please provide some evidence from the passage.

hongg7

Evidence for option C

"Hence, the little feminist work that appears in Social Text is in the realm of cultural analysis not revolutionary praxis "

For option D, the passage states either the founders deliberately not included feminism acts or they were too focused on other issues. So option D cannot be properly inferred from the passage.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [1]
Given Kudos: 176
Send PM
Re: Although the journal Social Text was never at the forefront of publish [#permalink]
Kudos
Q1 C
"Hence, the little feminist work that appears in Social Text is in the realm of cultural analysis not revolutionary praxis"

Q2 B
Was confused between A and B but the keyword suggest made me lean towards option B. Matches with "Maybe"

"May be triumvirate of founding editors were too focused on Marxist high theory to consider .... of social organization and oppression"

Q3 A.
"The founders demarcated fields of focus for the journal that could hardly be explored without attention to gender, sexuality, and the historical experiences of women."

Option E is wrong for 2 reasons :
1. we are talking about the first prospectus only.
2. the passage say "feminist work that appears in Social Text is often buried in the back" , so it isn't always buried like option e suggests.

Q4 A
" Hence, the little feminist work that appears in Social Text is in the realm of cultural analysis not revolutionary praxis"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Send PM
workout wrote:
hongg7 wrote:
Could someone help me in how answer D is wrong in the first question and how answer C is correct? Please provide some evidence from the passage.

hongg7

Evidence for option C

"Hence, the little feminist work that appears in Social Text is in the realm of cultural analysis not revolutionary praxis "

For option D, the passage states either the founders deliberately not included feminism acts or they were too focused on other issues. So option D cannot be properly inferred from the passage.

Thanks for the help!

I just have one more question.. I initially thought that D was the answer because in the passage, it is said that the founders deliberately did not include feminism acts.. Why can't we infer D?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [1]
Given Kudos: 176
Send PM
Kudos
hongg7 wrote:
workout wrote:
hongg7 wrote:

hongg7

Evidence for option C

Thanks for the help!

I just have one more question.. I initially thought that D was the answer because in the passage, it is said that the founders deliberately did not include feminism acts.. Why can't we infer D?

Because "founder did not include feminism act deliberately" is one of the possibility and you cannot say that with certainty.

It's in the last sentence of 1st paragraph
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
hongg7 wrote:
workout wrote:
hongg7 wrote:

hongg7

Evidence for option C

Thanks for the help!

Saying that "the founders deliberately did not include feminism acts" is incorrect. The passage presents two possible reasons and one of them is "the founders deliberately did not include feminism acts". It could very well have been the case that the founders were were too focused on Marxist high theory to consider gender alongside economic class as an important mode of social organization and oppression.

Please go through the highlighted text in passage again.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anoushka1995 wrote:
Hi.
Can you please post the reply for Q4 as to why option A?

Anoushka1995

I have added the explanations here https://gmatclub.com/forum/although-the ... l#p2128522
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 850 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
14022 posts