Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 481 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.6 - Top public
WE 1: Investment Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Re: Applying to Part Time Booth and Kellogg after FT Dings [#permalink]
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
I have been trying to get into the FT program at Booth since last year, where I was waitlisted, dinged in September, and reapplied for 2010 and was just dinged again. I was also dinged from Kellogg last year but did not bother reapplying in 2010.

At this point, after accepting a new job in Chicago, I would like to just begin with a part time program, and will be evaluating both.

It seems that the Univ of Chicago application is very similar to the FT essays from last year. I wish I had taken Rose up on the offer to transition directly to the PT program when I was on the waitlist, but too late now I guess. What are your thoughts on re-using the same essays from a prior app, since the questions are the same?

Is there anything you can say about the differences in competition level between the FT and Part Time programs? I have a 710 GMAT, 3.5 GPA from Penn State, and 5 years strong work experience in corporate finance and treasury.

The deadline for Booth's spring quarter application is Jan 8th. I think I can get this done in the next few weeks - your thoughts?

I would not use the same exact essays. You should write it. Since reusing looks like you're lazy.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Applying to Part Time Booth and Kellogg after FT Dings [#permalink]