Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
For those interested in AGSM ..here is a new scholarship

Dear Perspective Student,

The AGSM is proud to offer a new scholarship for the 2006 MBA Program. The Allard Partners Scholarship provides the opportunity to be awarded A$25,000 towards your AGSM MBA tuition fees!

If you have an interest in the Asian Pacific region and wish to be part of the Asia Pacific investment industry, then please submit an application form by 28 November.

Please note, this scholarship only applies to those who have been offered a place in the program so hurry and send through your MBA Application and supporting documents today!

Kind regards,

AGSM Admissions Team
--------------------------------------------------------------
Award Programs
Australian Graduate School of Management
UNSW SYDNEY NSW
Australia

Ph: +61 2 9931 9490
Fax: +61 2 9931 9205
Email: admissions@agsm.edu.au

The Australian Graduate School of Management
is a School of both The University of Sydney
& The University of New South Wales.
CRICOS Provider Number: 00098G
CTO
CTO
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: IT
Send PM
[#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ozmba2006 wrote:
For those interested in AGSM ..here is a new scholarship

Dear Perspective Student,

The AGSM is proud to offer a new scholarship for the 2006 MBA Program. The Allard Partners Scholarship provides the opportunity to be awarded A$25,000 towards your AGSM MBA tuition fees!

If you have an interest in the Asian Pacific region and wish to be part of the Asia Pacific investment industry, then please submit an application form by 28 November.

Please note, this scholarship only applies to those who have been offered a place in the program so hurry and send through your MBA Application and supporting documents today!

Kind regards,

AGSM Admissions Team
--------------------------------------------------------------
Award Programs
Australian Graduate School of Management
UNSW SYDNEY NSW
Australia

Ph: +61 2 9931 9490
Fax: +61 2 9931 9205
Email: admissions@agsm.edu.au

The Australian Graduate School of Management
is a School of both The University of Sydney
& The University of New South Wales.
CRICOS Provider Number: 00098G

This is an old scholarship and deadline was 31st August.
https://www2.agsm.edu.au/agsm/web.nsf/At ... Allard.pdf

They use this tactic to lure applicants but once they are admitted, no further help is provided. They even don't respond to emails regarding scholarships.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
financeguy wrote:

They use this tactic to lure applicants but once they are admitted, no further help is provided. They even don't respond to emails regarding scholarships.

Now this is really funny. I came searching for information on AGSM from google and it looks like many people have the same issues with AGSM. I got a similar email in September saying that they had around 5 or 10 new scholarships and if applied I have a good chance to get one. I even talked to their program director in one information session and scholarships was the primary selling tool they were using.

I applied and got approved within a few days and then everything changed like financeguy said. All they did was to send me to ANZ website for a loan and I was told that since I applied after 30th August, I missed out on deadlines for scholarships but they why they were sending emails after 30th August and now this email was sent in last week only so how can they say that all scholarships have been taken.

The AGSM ANZ loan is a scam too - first they don't respond and if you persist, they ask you to apply for their normal Graduate Loan scheme which is open to everyone - you can be student of any college/uni to apply for that loan and you get financing on very very expensive commercial terms.

The entire process is really disappointing but their strategy is to encourage enough people into applying through false claims and then a few will stay - no wonder their official yield rate is below 45%.

Anyone else who applied to AGSM? Please share your experiences.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
dayled11 wrote:
financeguy wrote:

Now this is really funny. I came searching for information on AGSM from google and it looks like many people have the same issues with AGSM. I got a similar email in September saying that they had around 5 or 10 new scholarships and if applied I have a good chance to get one. I even talked to their program director in one information session and scholarships was the primary selling tool they were using.

I applied and got approved within a few days and then everything changed like financeguy said. All they did was to send me to ANZ website for a loan and I was told that since I applied after 30th August, I missed out on deadlines for scholarships but they why they were sending emails after 30th August and now this email was sent in last week only so how can they say that all scholarships have been taken.

The AGSM ANZ loan is a scam too - first they don't respond and if you persist, they ask you to apply for their normal Graduate Loan scheme which is open to everyone - you can be student of any college/uni to apply for that loan and you get financing on very very expensive commercial terms.

The entire process is really disappointing but their strategy is to encourage enough people into applying through false claims and then a few will stay - no wonder their official yield rate is below 45%.

Anyone else who applied to AGSM? Please share your experiences.

You may be right as I got a similar email in September about the new $25,000 scholarships.

AGSM is becoming a risky investment for many reasons. In theory AGSM doesn't exist anymore as a school but it's just a branding being used by UNSW since University of Sydney left the joint venture and UNSW might have legal rights to this brand name for a few years only and that's why they are now pushing their own brand (ASB - Australian School of Business).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian ... Management

So there is a fair chance that AGSM brand name might not be there once you graduate and a new brand will sure take sometime to establish itself but I would rather ask these questions from their admissions team rather than presuming anything.

Good Luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is Australia dude. The brand, if any, will count only in Australia. Otherwise its just one more foreign degree everywhere else in the world.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]