Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:20 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3133 [19]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3133 [0]
Send PM
RISE Of The GRE - Average GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools! [#permalink]
Thanks MBAPrepCoach and Narenn
Indeed, every B-school in the US accepts the GRE. Some schools like TAMU and Questrom have a major portion of their incoming class with the GRE and not the GMAT.
Also, I have updated the article with the source.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
GRE 1: Q170 V168

GRE 2: Q170 V168
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: RISE Of The GRE - Average GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools! [#permalink]
Kudos
Where does someone fall with 170 quant and 154 verbal?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3133 [1]
Send PM
Re: RISE Of The GRE - Average GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools! [#permalink]
Kudos
KomalSg wrote:
Where does someone fall with 170 quant and 154 verbal?

Hi, Congratulation on a fabulous GRE score.
Based on the GRE-GMAT conversion tool, Your score is equivalent to 710 on the GMAT.

Congrats again!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 635 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
Send PM
Kudos
Great post Stone. Kudos to you for constantly providing valuable information to the community.
Its great that you have collated the information of the average GRE score for the US universities, but it would be much more helpful if you expand the table for Non-US universities.
Also that these scores corresponds to the actual GRE score accepted by the universities or the conversion of GMAT equivalent.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3133 [0]
Send PM
RISE Of The GRE - Average GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools! [#permalink]
itisSheldon wrote:
Great post Stone. Kudos to you for constantly providing valuable information to the community.
Its great that you have collated the information of the average GRE score for the US universities, but it would be much more helpful if you expand the table for Non-US universities.
Also that these scores corresponds to the actual GRE score accepted by the universities or the conversion of GMAT equivalent.

Hi,
Thank for the comment. Appreciate it.
After your PM, I did try to dig out the GRE numbers for the Top B-schools outside the US. Unfortunately, the schools outside the US DO NOT report the GRE scores(that is if they take them at all) to any external agency (like FT/US News etc.). The best way for anyone to know about the average GRE ranges for schools outside the US is to email their respective graduate business department. I don't think they will tell you the exact average GRE score but they will rather give you a range to work with.

To all the future readers- The numbers above are from 2017 and I am looking into the latest 2018 numbers. One thing is for sure - The new numbers are BIGGER and BETTER than previous years(they will be posted soon). GRE is here and it is here to stay. A great of people this year took the GRE and got into Top-B schools (with scholarships!)
So, if you are starting out your standardised test preparation- Give a practise test for both the GRE and the GMAT. I have seen that some people excel at the GMAT and others at the GRE. Analyse your practise test and see which one you like and will probably excel at.

Best,
Stone
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot