Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [2]
Given Kudos: 197
GPA: 4
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [2]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1921 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Re: Best Question Bank with Detailed Analytics [#permalink]
TargetMBA007 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am looking for recommendations for a quality question bank that allows me to choose questions by sections (say DS or PS) and once I have practised an X No. of questions, gives me a detailed breakdown of scores by very specific areas for e.g. 4/8 in Geometry, 8/10 in Algebra OR 8/10 with easy questions, 6/10 with hard etc. Wondering if anything like this exists? I understand I can use an error log to do this but I am looking for something with a nice platform/as much automation as possible.

My understanding is that this does exist for full CAT tests (as opposed to question banks) but not entirely sure, so would love recommendations for that as well

I also feel you must focus on official questions and review your own mistakes. It is not that difficult to maintain an error log!

All the best!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi TargetMBA007,

In another forum, you noted that you were planning on taking the GMAT at the end of December (re: sometime in the next 4 weeks or so). Depending on your Score Goal - and practice CAT Scores - a quiz bank might not actually be what you need right now. Defining your specific strengths and weaknesses is essential to how you should be spending your remaining study time, so it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When is your exact Test Date?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
GPA: 4
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi TargetMBA007,

In another forum, you noted that you were planning on taking the GMAT at the end of December (re: sometime in the next 4 weeks or so). Depending on your Score Goal - and practice CAT Scores - a quiz bank might not actually be what you need right now. Defining your specific strengths and weaknesses is essential to how you should be spending your remaining study time, so it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the detailed response. Please see my responses below:

Studies:
- I started about a week ago and am putting in about 7 hours per day. I am on a tight schedule but that's the cards I have been dealt with.

- I have been using OG2015 (Waiting for OG2020 to arrive tomorrow) + Dominate the GMAT Training course. Looking for other recommendations too, especially where training is accompanied by practice questions to strengthen fundamentals. Quants is the weaker of the two areas for me.

- I have currently taken the Diagnostics in OG2015 and scheduled to take my first CAT by Tue/Wed as I wanted to brush up on the fundamentals before that.

Goals:
720+

30 Dec 2019

Round 2 - Deadlines, First week of Jan (I know I am cutting it really tight but either way I want to get the applications in for this round).

Stanford, MIT & Harvard (And a couple of the UK Schools - LBS/Said).

I know I am trying to get a lot done in a really short span of time, but that is the situation, I have so I am looking to make the best of it. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to best optimize my study plan.

Cheers

others - I did get the GMAT Club Test and its pretty handy. I understand official questions would be better and am working on those too, but my main reason for an analytics tool was to be able to pinpoint very specific areas where I need additional work.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Best Question Bank with Detailed Analytics [#permalink]
According to me, for weakness and strength analysis, it's not required to purchase any course material. You can do it based on analysis in GMATClub error log itself with some organization of data from log into Excel sheet. However, if you can afford you can purchase TTP, Empowergmat, Egmat, based on your free trial experience, and others who can provide you better analytics.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi TargetMBA007,

To start, since you have named some highly-competitive Schools, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

While I understand that you want to apply to School as soon as possible, there is NO benefit to 'rushing in' an application if that application is not strong enough to earn you an invite. Each Applicant has just one shot at establishing a great first-impression with each School, so you don't want to waste that opportunity if there are any weak spots in your profile. This is meant to say that applying with a strong application for Round 3 (or next year's Round 1) would likely be far better for you than applying with a so-so application for Round 2.

That all having been said, we really need to define your current ability level, strengths and weaknesses before we can put together the proper Study Plan for you. Since you're planning to take your first CAT/mock in the next couple of days, you should also make sure to take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results and how best to proceed.

Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi TargetMBA007,

Since you are pushing for round 2 deadlines and attempting to take the GMAT very soon, I’d first like to see how far off you are from your goal score, to see if taking the GMAT by December 30 is realistic. So, once you take your practice exam, feel free to report back here, and I can provide some further advice.
GMAT Club Bot