Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [8]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Bittersweet 740 (Q45/V47) debrief [#permalink]
kudos to you! have fun on the next step
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&amp;Gas
Send PM
Kudos
excellento
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Kudos
thats great! I am a corp lawyer too (also at a top 5 law firm at a branch office) --- so good to see a lawyer cracking this test!

gives me hope for my exam in Dec!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 656 [0]
Given Kudos: 194
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2013
Send PM
Good score! Were your SCs very difficult? I'm asking because I gave GMAT almost yesterday and was impessed by the ultra-brutal SCs, whereas 3 RC and all CR were relatively easy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
great debrief and good tips on verbal side...thanks!...
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Great score, good luck with your apps!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Do you have any idea, how many boldface, method of reasoning and parallel reasoning CR's you got?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton,Insead,LBS,IMD,Kellog,Haas,Duke
Send PM
great debrief

Awesome verbal indeed...............tips for SC seems to be very helpful.................:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Kudos
Financier wrote:
Good score! Were your SCs very difficult? I'm asking because I gave GMAT almost yesterday and was impessed by the ultra-brutal SCs, whereas 3 RC and all CR were relatively easy.

I found them to be about on par with the GMAT Prep CAT SCs. Difficult but not insurmountable. I mean, I'm sure I didn't get every SC right, so there must have been a few tricky ones, but overall I didn't find them as ultra-brutal as you suggest. In fact, I found one of the RC passages and at least one CR question to be harder than I'd seen before in practice. Because I had so much time to spare, when I was on this hard-to-crack CR that was the second-to-last question for me in the verbal section, I literally spent about 7 minutes on it. Read, re-read, went through each answer choice, thought about how each choice would affect the stimulus, and just could not come up with a good answer. But I was not about to give up on this question because I had the time and I know how important every question can be. Then it just snapped and I figured out what they were looking for. So, anyway, back to your question about whether I thought the SC part of verbal was overly difficult, the short answer is: not really.

gurpreetsingh wrote:
Do you have any idea, how many boldface, method of reasoning and parallel reasoning CR's you got?

I actually did not see one boldface question, if by this you mean the type where there is a passage with two bolded phrases and they ask what the purpose of each bold phrase is. Not exactly sure what is defined by method of reasoning and parallel reasoning question types, probably because I never really studied any of the prep materials for CR. I do recall one CR question that I found relatively difficult that I think is probably what you mean by a method of reasoning question. Although I recall it, I don't want to reiterate the whole stimulus considering it is the property of GMAC and I don't want my scores to get canceled, god forbid (don't think it is likely, but better safe than sorry). But the answer (at least my answer) went something like:

The logic of the author is most similar to which of the following?
A) Someone finds causality between two phenomena without considering that a third phenomena might be the intervening cause of both.
B)...
C)...
D)...
E)...

I think that was the only question of that type I saw on the test. As far as parallel reasoning, not really sure how such a question would be structured. If you mean something like this question: https://gmatclub.com/forum/cr-1000-tobacco-smoke-53965.html, then I don't think I saw any of this question type on the test. Sorry I cannot be more specific, but hope that helps a little. If this isn't what you meant let me know and I'll revise my response accordingly. :)

As for everyone else, thanks for the appreciation. Let me know if you have any more questions that I might be able to help with.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
madammepsychosis wrote:
Financier wrote:

I found them to be about on par with the GMAT Prep CAT SCs. Difficult but not insurmountable. I mean, I'm sure I didn't get every SC right, so there must have been a few tricky ones, but overall I didn't find them as ultra-brutal as you suggest. In fact, I found one of the RC passages and at least one CR question to be harder than I'd seen before in practice. Because I had so much time to spare, when I was on this hard-to-crack CR that was the second-to-last question for me in the verbal section, I literally spent about 7 minutes on it. Read, re-read, went through each answer choice, thought about how each choice would affect the stimulus, and just could not come up with a good answer. But I was not about to give up on this question because I had the time and I know how important every question can be. Then it just snapped and I figured out what they were looking for. So, anyway, back to your question about whether I thought the SC part of verbal was overly difficult, the short answer is: not really.

gurpreetsingh wrote:

I actually did not see one boldface question, if by this you mean the type where there is a passage with two bolded phrases and they ask what the purpose of each bold phrase is. Not exactly sure what is defined by method of reasoning and parallel reasoning question types, probably because I never really studied any of the prep materials for CR. I do recall one CR question that I found relatively difficult that I think is probably what you mean by a method of reasoning question. Although I recall it, I don't want to reiterate the whole stimulus considering it is the property of GMAC and I don't want my scores to get canceled, god forbid (don't think it is likely, but better safe than sorry). But the answer (at least my answer) went something like:

The logic of the author is most similar to which of the following?
A) Someone finds causality between two phenomena without considering that a third phenomena might be the intervening cause of both.
B)...
C)...
D)...
E)...

I think that was the only question of that type I saw on the test. As far as parallel reasoning, not really sure how such a question would be structured. If you mean something like this question: https://gmatclub.com/forum/cr-1000-tobacco-smoke-53965.html, then I don't think I saw any of this question type on the test. Sorry I cannot be more specific, but hope that helps a little. If this isn't what you meant let me know and I'll revise my response accordingly. :)

As for everyone else, thanks for the appreciation. Let me know if you have any more questions that I might be able to help with.

that sounds weird. but i guess it is good you wont have to see those no more!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
+1 Kudos nice debrief.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Awesome Debrief !
Congratulations and good luck with apps :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
good debrief.....congrats for your score....
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Excellent debrief and phenomenal verbal score! Good job! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
Hey Great Score dear!!Congrats nice debrief!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
great great what a score!!!!!!!! boom yar.. ok wanted to ask you some thing that

were are you from??? I mean were do you live ????
and where can I get online free download material for both quant and verbal section???
where can I get kaplan and ets and gre barrons free download I am in urgent need of it please help me...

And yeah other thing which I wanted to ask you is that I have not give any practice tests so don't know that where do I stand??? But I am solving all questions regularly and approximately I am getting 50% right answers So according t you hows it??? were do I stand at this level how much score can I get???

:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship,PE,VC
Schools:Wharton,NY Stern,INSEAD,Stanford
 Q42  V10
Send PM
Great debrief ! ....Congratulations
GMAT Club Bot