Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Other
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: IESE - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: IESE 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Just a quick question. I notice that a significant number of applicants are from India and IESE's class profile shows that India represents a good % of class. Is IESE really a well known BSchool in India, can IESE alumni return to India and get good jobs and is the Indian alumni base active?

What makes you consider IESE besides US and British/Asian BSchools given IESE's stronger footprint in Southern Europe (with its current ailing economies) and Latin America? I thought IESE is a bit off the beaten track for many Asian professionals, happy to be enlightened.

The IESE tuition fee is top range for an European programme, can most folks just disregard costs given other peer schools are cheaper?
Intern
Intern
Schools: IESE - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Jock4MBA wrote:
Just a quick question. I notice that a significant number of applicants are from India and IESE's class profile shows that India represents a good % of class. Is IESE really a well known BSchool in India, can IESE alumni return to India and get good jobs and is the Indian alumni base active?

What makes you consider IESE besides US and British/Asian BSchools given IESE's stronger footprint in Southern Europe (with its current ailing economies) and Latin America? I thought IESE is a bit off the beaten track for many Asian professionals, happy to be enlightened.

The IESE tuition fee is top range for an European programme, can most folks just disregard costs given other peer schools are cheaper?

I can partially answer that. I think the number of applicants may seem higher simply because of a high proportion of indians in this forum. Indians make 13% of the class this year. This is definitely below the representation you see in other b-schools. And no, IESE is not as well known in India as say, LBS or yale.
Regarding job opportunities in India post MBA, there are not many students willing to work in India immediately after graduation, simply because there's a huge loan to be paid off, and salaries in India in general are low. Which means a reliable answer to this question may be hard to find. Still, I did meet a 2010 graduate this summer who was working for a Spanish company in Gurgaon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ra011y wrote:
Yay! Got an invite to interview! :)

Did you get a mail from IESE which said Admissions Director would like a Personal Interview followed by Assessment Day?
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
abhaybhatia wrote:
Did you get a mail from IESE which said Admissions Director would like a Personal Interview followed by Assessment Day?

Well, I got an email saying that the admission committee would like a personal interview followed by the assessment day. The email did not say Director.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q45  V42
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
hey all...i'm considering applying to iese...its infact been a school on my radar for a while - but never given it a serious thought for one reason or the other

i m n indian as well..but unlike the observation above - dont think that many indians look at the school as much...

i was jus looking through their site n came up with the following text on (https://www.iese.edu/en/MBAPrograms/prog ... rocess.asp) -
Decisions on Admission are communicated via email. Admitted candidates must pay a non-refundable commitment fee of 5.000 Euros to hold their position in the program before the indicated commitment fee deadlines. To confirm the intention to join the program a non-refundable reservation fee of 10.000 Euros must be paid before June 30, 2012. Both fees are deductible from the total program cost. If you are admitted when applying to our last deadline in June, both fees must be paid together. Deferrals are not permitted.

Do we have to pay 15,000 euros even before getting in? thats about 10 lakhs (a million rupees!)...i knw tht its deductible frm the tuition cost, but i dont hav those kinda liquid savings to put in at the time of admission...esp with us getting the loan amt only once we get in to school

anyone who can throw some light on this? sucks if i wud havta pull out based on commitment / reservation fees
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
usmbaquest wrote:
Do we have to pay 15,000 euros even before getting in? thats about 10 lakhs (a million rupees!)...i knw tht its deductible frm the tuition cost, but i dont hav those kinda liquid savings to put in at the time of admission...esp with us getting the loan amt only once we get in to school

anyone who can throw some light on this? sucks if i wud havta pull out based on commitment / reservation fees
How about a private student loan from your country of origin for the amount of 15000 euros? What other schools are you applying to? I think most schools have some sort of deposit that you need to put down to confirm a seat in the class (e.g. INSEAD also requires a deposit of 5000 eur to confirm a seat). What are you doing about them? This is not something that is only IESE specific right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q45  V42
WE 1: Banking
Send PM
ra011y wrote:
How about a private student loan from your country of origin for the amount of 15000 euros? What other schools are you applying to? I think most schools have some sort of deposit that you need to put down to confirm a seat in the class (e.g. INSEAD also requires a deposit of 5000 eur to confirm a seat). What are you doing about them? This is not something that is only IESE specific right?

the 15000 amt seems a little on the higher side to me...that insead 5000 euros amt is also amongst the higher ones around...that i cud afford with the savings i have, if i were applying there (which i'm not)...

a few schools tht i m applying to in the US, hav like a $2500-5000 range of deposits

if push comes to shove, i guess i wud havta raise the 15000 euros through a loan...but its jus a hassle tht i knw many indians wud prefer to avoid or rule out IESE at step 1 altogether
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi, I am new to this site.

I also received a call for an interview with IESE. The wait is killing me already!

Hi ra011y will you attend the assessment day?
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
RobUK wrote:
Hi, I am new to this site.

I also received a call for an interview with IESE. The wait is killing me already!

Hi ra011y will you attend the assessment day?
Haha. It'll be over before you even realize. Cherish and savor the hours as they slowly pass by. :)
I don't think I will be attending assessment day.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi ra011y,

I will be attending the assessment day. Flight from London quite cheap and at a convenient time. Where are you based?

I also applied to Insead. It's not just the waiting for IESE that is killing me :)
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
I am based in the US.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Folks

I have got an interview call from IESE.Will be attending the interview on the 27th of November at Mumbai.Let me know if anyone else is attending an interview at that time
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.77
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Got an admit today- very excited. Anyone else? I'm trying to figure out how to make a decision, since the deposit is due before I'll hear back from other schools in the US!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an invite as well.
Guys, what do you make of the optional but strongly recommended assessment day? My initial reaction is that if I can do without, why bother. But then again, I don't want to miss the opportunity to make a strong impression.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, I got accepted into the IESE Young Talent Program back in 2010 and have been pre-admitted to the MBA with start date in the fall of 2012.

Pixaar, if possible/reasonable (e.g. considering cost to travel), I would always aim for a personal encounter. Skype is nice and I am sure one can bring his arguments/motivation across, but the personal encounter always adds an additional layer to the whole process. Plus, in case your assessment day is on campus (?), you could combine your stay with a class visit or connecting to current students, which is great! When I had my interview, IESE arranged for lunch with 3 current students from my country, which was great to ask different types of questions. Unfortunately, I could not participate in a class since I had my interview just after lecture period had ended.

Good luck everyone for the interview/assessment day! :)

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.91
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
submitted my app for R4..i.e. the december 5th deadline..keeping my fingers crossed!
Retired Thread Master
Send PM
Got my admit a few days back. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators: