Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
ss87 wrote:
is it just me or is Stern more selective than the top-10 schools - in inviting people to interviews that is

stern's one of the most competitive programs...it's acceptance rate is the 5th most selective. i definitely think they've been very careful about who they invite to interview...but on the flip side, it seems if you get an interview invite, your chances of acceptance are really high. i don't think i've seen anyone interviewed who was dinged after (not sure on that though).
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Tepper Business School
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Ironhide wrote:
STERNNNN!!! My dream comes true.... :D

Submitted: 01/15
Invited: 02/23
Interviewed: 03/13
Admitted: 03/21

Applicant from India...

congrats. did they ask for some additional material before the admit and after the interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tokyo123456789 wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
STERNNNN!!! My dream comes true.... :D

Submitted: 01/15
Invited: 02/23
Interviewed: 03/13
Admitted: 03/21

Applicant from India...

congrats. did they ask for some additional material before the admit and after the interview?

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks. No nothing additional. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can anyone tell me how they communicate scholarship info?? Thanks..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Stern '14 (A)
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Just received an invite to interview for Summer Start yesterday. I'm a R2 applicant who applied on 1/14, and hadn't heard anything from the AdCom up until this point. For those who are still waiting...there's still hope! Best of luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mburley wrote:
Four days after receiving my online acceptance, I received a scholarship package along with my hard copy of the acceptance letter.

Is anyone familiar with on-campus vs. off-campus housing options that most Stern students choose? Is anyone familiar with the Palladium, which is the on-campus option? Thanks

Thanks...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Has anyone from the waitlist in round 1 heard anything further during this round?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.28
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
mburley wrote:
Four days after receiving my online acceptance, I received a scholarship package along with my hard copy of the acceptance letter.

Is anyone familiar with on-campus vs. off-campus housing options that most Stern students choose? Is anyone familiar with the Palladium, which is the on-campus option? Thanks

I had a conversation with the BSchool Ambassadors during my student orientation regarding this same thing. They actually stated that no one really opts for the on-campus housing. For the most part, students are spread all throughout NY and that the on-campus housing is really a convenience for international students since they likely don't have the time to find an apartment to rent until the second semester or year.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.63
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
mbagirl23 wrote:
Hi there, does anyone know how long does it take to receive the confirmation that Kroll check is OK? I am an international, so I assume mine will take longer. Looking at last year thread some people waited more than 8 weeks! I am looking forward quiting my job and I would feel better to be over with the Kroll thing before quiting.

I am in an indentical situation: waiting to quit my job but only after the Kroll verification comes through. I found out that my background check is complete and the report is lying with Stern. Anyone knows how long this takes, typically? I am an international student.

Also for people with questions about scholarships, they come in the mail shortly after your acceptance via email. Mine took about a week. Out of curiosity what is the range of scholarships they offer, in terms of dollar amounts?

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
rohanngupta wrote:
mbagirl23 wrote:
Hi there, does anyone know how long does it take to receive the confirmation that Kroll check is OK? I am an international, so I assume mine will take longer. Looking at last year thread some people waited more than 8 weeks! I am looking forward quiting my job and I would feel better to be over with the Kroll thing before quiting.

I am in an indentical situation: waiting to quit my job but only after the Kroll verification comes through. I found out that my background check is complete and the report is lying with Stern. Anyone knows how long this takes, typically? I am an international student.

Also for people with questions about scholarships, they come in the mail shortly after your acceptance via email. Mine took about a week. Out of curiosity what is the range of scholarships they offer, in terms of dollar amounts?

Thank you!

As a curiosity when did you complete the Kroll form? And how do you know that Kroll has sent the report to Stern?
I work in a huge company so there is no way to know who Kroll has been in contact with. I personally do not manage to get in touch with my own HR; it's a department that seems to be out of phone and email reception lately...
It's been a little over 3 weeks now that I submitted my Kroll form... still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mbagirl23 wrote:
As a curiosity when did you complete the Kroll form? And how do you know that Kroll has sent the report to Stern?
I work in a huge company so there is no way to know who Kroll has been in contact with. I personally do not manage to get in touch with my own HR; it's a department that seems to be out of phone and email reception lately...
It's been a little over 3 weeks now that I submitted my Kroll form... still waiting.

Did the school only send background check instruction to students who had paid the deposit?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
happyface wrote:
mbagirl23 wrote:

Did the school only send background check instruction to students who had paid the deposit?

The instructions come in the info pack that you receive upon admission ; also available in teh admit website. But Stern requires that you go through Kroll process only after having paid the deposit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.48
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi,

Can someone explain to me the Kroll process. When do we have to fill up the Kroll forms? will they contact my employer. I am in India and bonuses will be paid by May end.

appln. submit - 01/14
interview invite - 02/22
interview - 03/13
accepted - 03/21

regards,
madzy
Manager
Manager
Send PM
madzy wrote:
Hi,

Can someone explain to me the Kroll process. When do we have to fill up the Kroll forms? will they contact my employer. I am in India and bonuses will be paid by May end.

appln. submit - 01/14
interview invite - 02/22
interview - 03/13
accepted - 03/21

regards,
madzy

congrats on your acceptance!
Kroll is very simple, you just fill a form online and pay 100$. They check academic and professional references.
You can start whenever you want but I believe Stern asks you to start before May 1st. Kroll does contact your employer. If you don't wnat your employer to know about your MBA plans (ie you don't want them to take this information in consideration when deciding about your bonus...) you can writte to the school and ask them to extend the deadline for you.
Also you should plan on several weeks before the verification process is complete. Although for some people it goes quick, for some (me...) it takes time. I guess it has to do with the country you are from. If you work in the USA, there is a good chance that many of your data is already available to Kroll through various databases.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thanks mbagirl23!
I am fine if they contact my recommender. It will be better if they contact my employer in early june!
regards,
madzy
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
mburley wrote:

Were you told about the scholarship package during the call?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
what is the avg. $ scholarship at Stern?
- madzy
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts