Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V43
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Fuqua Class of 2012
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Private Equity
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
I scheduled my alumni interview in a restaurant.Few questions

Can I order food or just settle with a drink/water?
Should I offer to pay the bill?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
3 signs:
-could be what time of the day?
-Who suggested restaurant?
-What type of restaurant?

Breakfast time could dictate just a cup of coffee, whereas 8pm in a steakhouse would be very different. I would offer to pay, but I can imagine interviewers not being allowed to accept (i.e. a bribe).

FWIW, I had my Ross interview in a Starbucks, and didn't order anything.
Current Student
Send PM
unhedged wrote:
3 signs:
-could be what time of the day?
-Who suggested restaurant?
-What type of restaurant?

Breakfast time could dictate just a cup of coffee, whereas 8pm in a steakhouse would be very different. I would offer to pay, but I can imagine interviewers not being allowed to accept (i.e. a bribe).

FWIW, I had my Ross interview in a Starbucks, and didn't order anything.

I was asked to pick up the place.It is after office hours.It is a tavern.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
If it is at a tavern then it seems to be pretty casual.

I would order a beer after the interviewer order his / her drink. Just fits well with the environment,
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
conservative wrote:

I would order a beer after the interviewer order his / her drink. Just fits well with the environment,

Probably not a good idea to order a beer either way. :D Remember SooJin's quote.

"I wanted to pass on a bit of advice to Round 2 (and 3) applicants based on some experiences during Round 1. It seems that some applicants view interviews with an MBA2 who is part of the Admissions Student Committee as less "serious" than an interview with an alumnus or staff member. Some applicants were a bit unprofessional, shall we say, probably thinking that an MBA2 is on the level of a peer/buddy rather than a bona fide admissions interviewer. Don't let that be you. " - Soojin Kwon Koh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Hey Y'all...Found out I was selected for an interview earlier today. I am very excited, however, I am still trying to understand if I were to conduct a phone interview without ever having visited campus, would that diminish my chances of admission? I know I will love it there, but financially I don't know if I can afford traveling to Michigan....please advise :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
conservative wrote:

Probably not a good idea to order a beer either way. :D Remember SooJin's quote.

"I wanted to pass on a bit of advice to Round 2 (and 3) applicants based on some experiences during Round 1. It seems that some applicants view interviews with an MBA2 who is part of the Admissions Student Committee as less "serious" than an interview with an alumnus or staff member. Some applicants were a bit unprofessional, shall we say, probably thinking that an MBA2 is on the level of a peer/buddy rather than a bona fide admissions interviewer. Don't let that be you. " - Soojin Kwon Koh

Point taken. I guess stick to coke then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
 Q48  V46
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
Hey Y'all...Found out I was selected for an interview earlier today. I am very excited, however, I am still trying to understand if I were to conduct a phone interview without ever having visited campus, would that diminish my chances of admission? I know I will love it there, but financially I don't know if I can afford traveling to Michigan....please advise :)

I think most folks will tell you:
1) on- and off-campus interviews are weighed the same
2) you are "strongly" encouraged to visit campus in order to demonstrate your interest and convince adcom that you won't lower their yields.

These two bits of advice are contradictory. I understand adcom gives more leeway to people overseas (e.g., they can hardly expect a Peace Corps volunteer in Africa earning a $400 monthly stipend to visit campus)... but for me in the Southeastern U.S. with a regular job? Eh, it's less clear, so I'm erring on the side of caution and going to campus. If you lived in the Midwest and didn't visit, I think that'd be a decisive demerit on your overall candidacy.

The marginal cost of the trip is low enough in comparison to the rest of the time and expense I've invested in this application process. I would hate to think I gave adcom the impression that I wasn't enthusiastic about Ross in order to save a few hundred bucks by not ever visiting campus (but I feel your pain; this is stretching my budget too!).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
 Q48  V46
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Send PM
WolverineFan wrote:
This is definitely an optimistic bunch :-D . I don't know if you caught my earlier post in the midst of all this interview invite/non-invite analysis, but I had actually already interviewed and then I received a missing document email a week later. Anyways, I have a question...U.S. applicants are not required to submit "official" transcripts for admissions decisions to be made are they (scanned documents are acceptable)? The only "official" document that needs to be submitted is the GMAT score, right? I recently got an email from the school saying that they had updated my file with my "unofficial" documents, but they did not confirm that my file was "complete." Has anyone had a similar experience?

My understanding is that you'll have to have the Registrar's office at your undergraduate institution mail an "official" transcript to Ross if you're matriculating, but it's not necessary before then.

I imagine that this will be made clearer to applicants once they inform Ross they will be matriculating.
Manager
Manager
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Euxeno...thanks for the advice. Given I have my Kellogg and LBS interview in the next few weeks, coupled with fact I work internationally, I may not be able to commit to forking out another 500 bones for a 30 min interview. That said, I am going to flip and coin decide. heads or tails?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How about an eight clap? In Westwood right now :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
 Q49  V41
WE 1: insurance
WE 2: IT
Send PM
I was just reading Sojin's blog ( I mainly confined myself to second hand updates and I noticed that her most recent posts mention that 'interview invites will go till the middle of february'. That my dear friends leaves us with about effectively two days worth of notifications ( friday and monday).

Not a very pleasant thought.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Eh, in my book, "middle of February" means any time from the second day through the second to last day of the month. I wouldn't project it to the 15th exactly.
Current Student
Send PM
metastate wrote:
Class2012 wrote:
Just received the invite.

Ross,I'm coming.wooooo.

Hi class2012

can you confirm if you got a applciation complete mail after u submitted your UG degree proof

Yes,I got one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1141 [0]
Given Kudos: 106
GMAT 2: 720  Q50  V36
WE 1: 7years (Financial Services - Consultant, BA)
Send PM
So, next week is supposed to be deadline for the R2 interview invites.

I haven't submitted my UG degree and still not received any mail for the same from adcom.
Current Student
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Mystik742 wrote:
To all of those who are still waiting for interview invites, there is hope! A friend of mine received her invitation yesterday, so keep hope alive :-)

Congrats to your friend! And best of luck to those who are still waiting for an invite!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
itsmystery wrote:
I was just reading Sojin's blog ( I mainly confined myself to second hand updates and I noticed that her most recent posts mention that 'interview invites will go till the middle of february'. That my dear friends leaves us with about effectively two days worth of notifications ( friday and monday).

Not a very pleasant thought.

Monday is a holiday, so don't expect anything. Although I feel any day before the 20th is still mid feb. So next week should be okay. Plus this year was an exceptional year with tons of people missing essays,gmat, transcripts. I'm sure that delayed the whole process. I think I can count at least 10-12 people this round that had embark problems out of 45 applicants.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts