Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting on the forum. Applied last round to USC and just got an email invite for the video interview. Hopefully it will increase my chances...Has anyone seen stats on admittance rates for PM program with interview? Does the PM program do in-person interviews?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the call today from USC. Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. For what it is worth submitted application on April 10 and had recommendations in within a couple weeks after. Video was submitted end of April.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HeadedWest wrote:
Got the call today from USC. Feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. For what it is worth submitted application on April 10 and had recommendations in within a couple weeks after. Video was submitted end of April.

Congratulations HW!!! which campus did you receive for year 1 and was it your requested choice?

Seems like a quick turnaround on their end. Applying after R3 deadline and getting a response 5 weeks later prior to R3 release date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
phoich55 wrote:
HeadedWest wrote:

Congratulations HW!!! which campus did you receive for year 1 and was it your requested choice?

Seems like a quick turnaround on their end. Applying after R3 deadline and getting a response 5 weeks later prior to R3 release date.

Thank you.

I was absolutely was impressed with their turnaround time. Very excited to finally move off the east coast.

Applied for and received LA campus.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Tech
Send PM
Congratulations to all the new admits!

Just got a chance to update: I sent in my video this Monday (R3 MBA.PM) and received a call from Marshall on Wednesday. Still pretty amazed by their turnaround time. Seems like the video can be one big accelerator for the final decision. I applied and received orange county campus.

Just withdrew my full-time application to UCLA. Have been on their waitlist for months. One of the most important question during the interview that I couldn't answer very well was that "Why do you want to go full time?". I think it all makes sense now. Also considered applying to FEMBA before June 1st. But decided not to since I want to concentrate on technology commercialization and am really impressed by one of my friends' Trojan spirit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All. So who's else is out there waiting for R3 UCLA FEMBA results? We have a little over a month of waiting to go.
I hope they add the 5th section (Mon/Wed) because:
a)it could potentially mean more seats available and/or lower teacher/student ratio and
b)Mon/Wed would work well for me.

Anyways, good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
PoweredByJay wrote:
Hello All. So who's else is out there waiting for R3 UCLA FEMBA results? We have a little over a month of waiting to go.
I hope they add the 5th section (Mon/Wed) because:
a)it could potentially mean more seats available and/or lower teacher/student ratio and
b)Mon/Wed would work well for me.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

I am still waiting!! I also applied to the USC PM program as well. Both right at the final deadline....haha whoops....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
Just FYI in case anyone didn't see, UCLA extended the deadline an extra month for FEMBA. They are accepting applications until June 1st with GMAT until June 15th. I think this bodes very well for current R3 applicants and WLers that haven't heard back. UCLA must have seen a smaller than expected applicant pool and/or more withdrawn applications.

This also probably means they may delay notification for R3ers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abmyers wrote:
Just FYI in case anyone didn't see, UCLA extended the deadline an extra month for FEMBA. They are accepting applications until June 1st with GMAT until June 15th. I think this bodes very well for current R3 applicants and WLers that haven't heard back. UCLA must have seen a smaller than expected applicant pool and/or more withdrawn applications.

Really unfortunate on the delayed notification but how else would they do it? Rolling? I would imagine a lot of people are going to have had to made deposits elsewhere by the time they hear anything from FEMBA.

Good luck to everyone who has applications in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abmyers wrote:

The morning of the Rd 3 interviews Dylan (UCLA) made it seem like they would go through the applications as quickly as possible since the know many people are trying to figure out what to do with themselves....I imagine they are going to treat the round as rolling admissions. But I am just speculating...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is the post SuperSaturday email I received on 5/10:

Hello ,

Thank you for attending the FEMBA Supersaturday Interview. Once your application is complete, it will be evaluated. Round Three Decisions will be released via e-mail, no later than June 22nd, 2011. To ensure that your application is complete, you can check the application status online through ApplyYourself.

We appreciate your interest in UCLA Anderson.

Best regards,

UCLA Fully Employed MBA Program

The application deadline was changed to June 1st before they sent out this email so hopefully this means June 22nd is still valid.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abmyers wrote:

Its likely that they are trying to increase applicant pool because of the new 5th section.
I'm estimating each section has around 70 students because class of 2013 had around 280 students for 4 sections. If they try to maintain the same students per section, this year could be up to 350 students. If they are hoping to maintain the 40ish percent enrollment rate, then they need around 875 applicants, which is over 150 more than last year.

If they don't receive this boost in applicants they could either raise their enrollment rate (and statistically appear less selective), reduce section sizes (loss in $ maybe), or eliminate the tentative 5th section.

This is just my logic based on the info I've gathered. I could be wrong.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Send PM
HeadedWest wrote:
abmyers wrote:

Really unfortunate on the delayed notification but how else would they do it? Rolling? I would imagine a lot of people are going to have had to made deposits elsewhere by the time they hear anything from FEMBA.

Good luck to everyone who has applications in.

Hang tight everyone. I would highly doubt they'd keep people waiting until they've gone through all of the applications though. As an R1 FEMBA admit, they let us know in mid-December when the official notification was February. A friend of mine applied in R2 and he was also notified far before the decision date.

Think of it this way ... every program knows you have options. By notifying or delaying notification, it just lowers their yield % which doesn't go in their favor. I agree with PoweredByJay, I think the extended deadline is just to allow for more time for more qualified applicants should they open up another section or if there was a smaller applicant pool this year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
I just got the admit call from Marshall MBA.PM today! I applied the day before the R3 deadline. I chose not to do the video resume. Good luck to others still waiting.

Still not a peep from UCLA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abmyers wrote:
I just got the admit call from Marshall MBA.PM today! I applied the day before the R3 deadline. I chose not to do the video resume. Good luck to others still waiting.

Congrats!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abmyers wrote:

Congrats!! abmyers, and good luck with UCLA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just checked my USC.PM application status and was wait listed. Submitted my app for the LA campus and sent in my video last Monday. The letter says I can send in supplemental material but I'm not sure what that'd be at this point outside of upping my GMAT score.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11