Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I honestly feel that unless you have a really good reason to be contacting the schools, then you shouldn't. There are many people who probably send pointless emails to the schools and I'm sure the adcoms can see right through them.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
It sounds like you probably need to rely on your essays and then your interview/visit to convey your enthusiasm. or maybe you could donate thousands of dollars. (that's a joke. they'd probably take your money and then reject your sorry self anyway.)

Could anyone chime in who has cultivated such a relationship during the application process?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I never reached out to any admission officers. Heck, I can't recollect a single name.

aaudetat wrote:
It sounds like you probably need to rely on your essays and then your interview/visit to convey your enthusiasm. or maybe you could donate thousands of dollars. (that's a joke. they'd probably take your money and then reject your sorry self anyway.)

Could anyone chime in who has cultivated such a relationship during the application process?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This might not be very profound but most schools are very willing to talk to you if you have genuine, non-obvious questions to ask them and you avoid the zenith of the admit season. After all, this is part of the job is applicant relations. I cannot stress the genuine idea enough. After speaking with enough applicants, the admissions staff get a pretty good idea of who has a serious interest in the school and who is putting on a show.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
This might not be very profound but most schools are very willing to talk to you if you have genuine, non-obvious questions to ask them and you avoid the zenith of the admit season. After all, this is part of the job is applicant relations. I cannot stress the genuine idea enough. After speaking with enough applicants, the admissions staff get a pretty good idea of who has a serious interest in the school and who is putting on a show.

And that's the thing...i am really really really interested in a school but how do i present myself to them (through adcom communications/contacts) such that

1) i do not be a pest
2) i show that i have genuine interest in the school
3) i basically project myself in a positive light

in the same regard, i have another question (which nobody bothered to answer in my sperate post on the subject :cry: )

my school doesn't require me to send the TOEFL score (i am not a US citizen). But i have taken TOEFL and have got a respectable score. Should i send the score to my target school?

will it go on to show that i am really interested in the school and filling a gap in my application? ( i have an average AWA score of 4.5 with 95 percentile in GMAT verbal)

or will it be just an overkill?

and can/should i send a mail to adcom stating that i have taken TOEFL and have sent them (can send them) my scores. And that it is to fill a gap in my profile
:?: :?:
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Starting with the TOEFL matter, I think it is not necessary to send it. The TOEFL is effectively a pass/fail test of the applicant's basic communication skills in English. Based on your V score, in combination with the rest of your application, this should not be an issue.

One of the best ways to show that your interest is sincere/avoid becoming a pest is to learn about the school before speaking with the admissions staff. Answering questions that can easily be found on the website or in the brochure is a waste of time for both your and that of the admissions officer. If someone is sincerely interested in the school, I expect them to be able to express to me what interests them in the school.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]