[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "198_school_count"
Cornell Tech MBA Applicants 2023 Intake Class of 2024 : Johnson - Page 34
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 07:17 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 07:17
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Cornell Tech MBA Applicants 2023 Intake Class of 2024 [#permalink]
arrow1233 wrote:
ayushmaan_01 wrote:
Hi all, I gave my Cornell Tech MBA interview on 14th November and got the final Admit yesterday i.e., 4th December 2023. Super excited to chat with fellow applicants and selected candidates. Best, Ayushmaan Verma

If you dont mine, can you share some details on your profile

Hey yes certainly, so Im a mechanical enigneering passout from 2018 who has been working for a startup since completing undergrad. I’m a product manager by profession and i want to continue working in product management but on bigger products. I applied with a 670 gmat

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi all,

The below is for one of the person in my network :

He has 19 years of IT experience working for global banks (Wells Fargo, MS, RBS, HSBC) specialized in trading and risk domain. He is a graduate from one of the NIT(REC)s and have done FRM. He wants to consider 1 year MBA in US to be able to explore more opportunities.
Will Cornell Tech MBA be a good choice for this ? Would you be able to recommend from your experience or network, if this path can offer good opportunities ?

Thanks in Advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V35
Send PM
Ano886 wrote:
Hi All, Applied in round 1 and got rejected after interview. I wanted to check, is there any similar tech related MBA programs which you guys had it in the list? Thanks for your inputs.

NYU Stern has an Tech MBA. I do not know of any other "tech focused" MBA.

abhib3012 wrote:
Yes, and they do that. Within about 1-1.5 days I had received mine. Once you get a positive response, you’ll be in a much better position to complete your application eventually by Jan. All the best. Posted from my mobile device

I was able to get a waiver -- Thanks! Can I connect with you for some essay related questions after I am done creating them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Rishabh_712 wrote:
Hi all, The below is for one of the person in my network : He has 19 years of IT experience working for global banks (Wells Fargo, MS, RBS, HSBC) specialized in trading and risk domain. He is a graduate from one of the NIT(REC)s and have done FRM. He wants to consider 1 year MBA in US to be able to explore more opportunities. Will Cornell Tech MBA be a good choice for this ? Would you be able to recommend from your experience or network, if this path can offer good opportunities ? Thanks in Advance

Cornell tech MBA won’t be suitable for this many years of experience. Look out for the Cornell executive MBA program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sakshi777 wrote:
Cornell tech MBA won’t be suitable for this many years of experience. Look out for the Cornell executive MBA program.

May I know any concrete reasons apart from years of experience as I can see that it’s a one year similar to EMBA and the class profile looks to me 35-37 as the average age ?
TIA
Manager
Manager
Send PM
At the Cornell tech MBA page, it’s mentioned. Even in an event that I attended, they mentioned this thing specifically. Also I don’t think the average age for tech MBA is 35-37, can you share the link please.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I see, let me recheck the program then

Thanks for the help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.42
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Rishabh_712 wrote:
Hi all, The below is for one of the person in my network : He has 19 years of IT experience working for global banks (Wells Fargo, MS, RBS, HSBC) specialized in trading and risk domain. He is a graduate from one of the NIT(REC)s and have done FRM. He wants to consider 1 year MBA in US to be able to explore more opportunities. Will Cornell Tech MBA be a good choice for this ? Would you be able to recommend from your experience or network, if this path can offer good opportunities ? Thanks in Advance

Just apply and see. Even if it’s an unconventional profile, if the story, profile and motivations fit what they are looking for, there might be a chance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
However, he need to answer to the following questions and prove them in the application process:
1. Is it really a Tech MBA (usually for mid-career professionals) the right program for someone with 19 years of experience that should already know a lot of the things taught here?
2. Why Cornell and not another Tech MBA?
3. They state crearly on the website that “Candidates with 8+ years should apply for the Cornell Executive MBA program.” Why not an EMBA?

Rishabh_712 wrote:
May I know any concrete reasons apart from years of experience as I can see that it’s a one year similar to EMBA and the class profile looks to me 35-37 as the average age ? TIA

The average age for Cornell Tech MBA is 28. As seen on the admission page on class profile: https://tech.cornell.edu/admissions/mba-application/

AS896 wrote:
Unable to view your LinkedIn profile.

Add /in/ between the LinkedIn address and the name of the profile
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaguy2543 wrote:
Rishabh_712 wrote:

Just apply and see. Even if it’s an unconventional profile, if the story, profile and motivations fit what they are looking for, there might be a chance.

I would say it's not just about his chance of "getting into" Cornell. As a few others have mentioned here, I believe he should look for fitment and Cornell Tech won't be a very good fit - not just for the number of years in experience but also for the "kind of MBA" this is and the kind of opportunities he's expecting after this. Nor would the NYU Andre Koo Tech MBA be a good fit. I believe Executive MBA (from anywhere good) is the best bet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Cornell Tech MBA Applicants 2023 Intake Class of 2024 [#permalink]
AS896 wrote:
Unable to view your LinkedIn profile.

mbaguy2543 wrote:
Add /in/ between the LinkedIn address and the name of the profile

Yes, correct. I believe it's my bad also, I missed it in the first place as well - https://www.linked$in.com/in/abhib3012

Maybe just removing the dollar might work now!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhib3012 wrote:
I would say it’s not just about his chance of "getting into" Cornell. As a few others have mentioned here, I believe he should look for fitment and Cornell Tech won’t be a very good fit - not just for the number of years in experience but also for the "kind of MBA" this is and the kind of opportunities he’s expecting after this. Nor would the NYU Andre Koo Tech MBA be a good fit. I believe Executive MBA (from anywhere good) is the best bet.

I agree, EMBA is the best option usually for people with this amount of experience already. However, if somebody really thinks they should do a Tech MBA instead for whatever reason and they could afford to waste the application fee, then they could still apply I guess.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhib3012 wrote:
Yes, and they do that. Within about 1-1.5 days I had received mine. Once you get a positive response, you’ll be in a much better position to complete your application eventually by Jan. All the best. Posted from my mobile device
aasdf1234 wrote:
I was able to get a waiver -- Thanks! Can I connect with you for some essay related questions after I am done creating them?

Congrats!
Yes, absolutely. Happy to help wherever I can. Please reach out on DM here or better yet on LI and will try to help asap. Goodluck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Did anyone get a successful scholarship reconsideration?

Can someone add me in the https://gmatclub.com/chat link: +639953559473. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
I am facing issues entering my GMAT scores on the addmissions portal. Shows an error "One or more fields contains incorrectly-formatted data: Input string was not in a correct format." Is anyone else facing this or can someone please help. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can u dm me screenshot ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dddd4321 wrote:
Did anyone get a successful scholarship reconsideration?

Can someone add me in the https://gmatclub.com/chat link: +639953559473. Thanks

Please join here (replace the $ sign):

https://chat.what$app.com/Dy2tYZgxvpi2VTsAWNHuxr
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36  ...  40   
Moderator:
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
3 posts