Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:33 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Re: Crackverbal vs e-gmat [#permalink]
Kudos
kpottem wrote:
Hello, I am planning on taking help of an online resource for my GMAT verbal preparation. After preliminary research, I am contemplating between crackverbal and "e-gmat verbal online" . Can someone help me choose between these two?

Thanks
KK

e-gmat SC is good for a quick boost(20-40points) in the score. If you really want to go for classroom training, then crackverbal is the best among all the other. (Jamboree is useless - I wasted 31500INR) But we can complete the preparation with less than 5000INR if you opt for self study.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
vmsij wrote:
kpottem wrote:
Hello, I am planning on taking help of an online resource for my GMAT verbal preparation. After preliminary research, I am contemplating between crackverbal and "e-gmat verbal online" . Can someone help me choose between these two?

Thanks
KK

e-gmat SC is good for a quick boost(20-40points) in the score. If you really want to go for classroom training, then crackverbal is the best among all the other. (Jamboree is useless - I wasted 31500INR) But we can complete the preparation with less than 5000INR if you opt for self study.

How is the Crackverbal online course?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AbhishekDubey10 wrote:
vmsij wrote:
kpottem wrote:

Thanks
KK

How is the Crackverbal online course?

No idea about the online course and I have not heard much positive reviews about the online course.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
e-gmat SC is good for a quick boost(20-40points) in the score. If you really want to go for classroom training, then crackverbal is the best among all the other. (Jamboree is useless - I wasted 31500INR) But we can complete the preparation with less than 5000INR if you opt for self study.[/quote]

How is the Crackverbal online course?[/quote]

No idea about the online course and I have not heard much positive reviews about the online course.[/quote]

Thank you. What's your suggestion to learn Verbal from? which classes and material do you suggest?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Go for Manhattan SC for SC, Powerscore Bible for CR and practice for RC. Of course, OG materials too. Buy the Manhattan SC book - you will get 6 practice tests along with it.
So by spending around 1000-1100 INR, you can complete your verbal prep.

Note: I can say that Jamboree is useless. Don't go for it and do not fall for their marketing techniques. I wasted 31k joining jamboree.

If you want to go for classroom, you may try crack verbal.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I am looking for coaching centre for both verbal and quant. I am planning for GMAT test in September, so I have around 3 months to prepare. I am Pune based and can attend coaching classes on weekends. Presently, preparing from online resources.
Thanks
Another query- I am 40 year old defence officer with aim to join ISB/IIM in 2019. Can someone guide me?

Sent from my Coolpad 3600I using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
lalitmach22 wrote:
Hi, I am looking for coaching centre for both verbal and quant. I am planning for GMAT test in September, so I have around 3 months to prepare. I am Pune based and can attend coaching classes on weekends. Presently, preparing from online resources.
Thanks
Another query- I am 40 year old defence officer with aim to join ISB/IIM in 2019. Can someone guide me?

Given the fact that you are 40 years old, I am assuming that you have been out of touch with studies. I would recommend you to go for a 5-6 months study plans since it takes time for you to come on the track. You have an advantage of having a diverse profile with immense experience. So I think a late 600 score will help you in getting admissions. I do not have much information about pune coaching centers. But I can tell you that theory + og + gmatclub tests are enough for a Q50+.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks alot, I have started my preparations, have done basics of quant and now I have ordered OG and Manhattan books, waiting for them. Planning to appear in test in September.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
What is the best way to prepare for verbal?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
vmsij wrote:
Go for Manhattan SC for SC, Powerscore Bible for CR and practice for RC. Of course, OG materials too. Buy the Manhattan SC book - you will get 6 practice tests along with it.
So by spending around 1000-1100 INR, you can complete your verbal prep.

Note: I can say that Jamboree is useless. Don't go for it and do not fall for their marketing techniques. I wasted 31k joining jamboree.

If you want to go for classroom, you may try crack verbal.

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am finding egmat SC very useful. Concepts explained clearly and with egmat SC, you get access to quant Q test in GMAT club....

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Good information and thanks for sharing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Crackverbal vs e-gmat [#permalink]
Dont ever ever go for Crackverbal! Trust me it would be nothing but a waste of money. Try e-Gmat its good. After Crackverbal classroom coaching you would be left scratching your head on what new you learned.
I did join their Bangalore center...My scores went down!
CrackVerbal Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would obviously recommend the CrackVerbal GMAT online course because I'm part of the CrackVerbal team and I know the kind of dedication that has gone into creating the GMAT online course.

We have distilled our experience training more than 10,000 GMAT students for over 15 years into one powerful GMAT online course.

But don't go by what I say, sign up for our GMAT trial course and see if our teaching methodology suits your learning needs.

Visit https://bit.ly/2HIw87n to access our Free GMAT Kickstarter Course!

The CrackVerbal GMAT online course has been designed to provide you with practical strategies and a systematic plan to prepare effectively for the GMAT along with a busy schedule.

Based on our interaction with thousands of students, we realized that figuring out HOW to prepare for the GMAT is more challenging than WHAT to do to score well. We realized that none of the traditional GMAT courses actually teach you how to study effectively for the GMAT.

To tackle this issue, we have incorporated specific modules in our course to help you prepare better for the GMAT with a full-time job.

The CrackVerbal GMAT course is based on a 3-part framework which includes understanding the concepts, applying the strategies and having the success mindset to crack the GMAT in your first attempt.

Here are some of the Key Features of the CrackVerbal GMAT online course:

1. Structured In-Depth Course
Access 76+ hours of GMAT verbal & quant videos in HD. These videos are divided into GMAT Strategy, concept and application videos.

2. Updated Course Videos:
Our course videos have been updated to reflect the changes made by GMAT its exam pattern in 2018. All our modules contain the updated set of videos and strategies to maximize your GMAT results.

3. Created by Experts
Our course has been designed by a carefully selected team of highly skilled CrackVerbal Instructors, the program is optimized to help you get your target GMAT score.

4. Progressive Learning Framework
We have spent countless hours developing a framework based on techniques that we have seen work for our high-scoring students

5. Customized Study Plan
You will work with designated Mentors to create 1-3 month or long-term study plans based on your GMAT preparation requirements.

6. Exclusive CrackVerbal GMAT Testing Platform
Our GMAT testing platform will help you perfect your GMAT test-taking strategy. The testing platform contains more than 45 sectional tests along with detailed explanations and AI-based analytics. You will get a detailed performance report at the end of every test which will help you identify your areas of improvement.

You can check out our testing platform by visiting https://bit.ly/2HIlPQD

7. Designated Student Counsellor
You get assigned a student counselor who is just a phone call away to sort any issues or queries you are facing with your GMAT prep.

8. Access to Live Sessions
We conduct regular live sessions, where we cover advanced GMAT topics and also answer any questions you might have with particular concepts.

9. Easy Refund policy
We have a 7-day no question asked money back policy.

Our GMAT online course also includes the following modules:

1) GMAT Quant Basics: This module has everything that you need to brush up on your basic quant skills (especially if you are a non-engineer) so you can strengthen the core skills before you move on to the GMAT Quant course.

2) Psychological Hacks to Crack the GMAT: This module covers areas from cognitive science, productivity techniques, and neuroscience to help you create a system to crack the GMAT (especially if you have a tough schedule at work/school during the week)

3) Onboarding GMAT 101: This module includes all the key aspects to maximize your prep over the next few months.

4) Inside the Mind of a 760 Scorer: In this modules, you will get multiple perspectives on solving the question and will open up the critical thinking process to approaching GMAT 650-750 level questions - a key skill needed on the GMAT.

5) GMAT Score Booster Strategies: This module will give you a snapshot view of the entire course along with specific strategies of guessing, timing, and managing your mental stamina.

Before making up your mind, do sign-up for our free GMAT Kickstarter Course (https://bit.ly/2HIw87n) to see if our teaching style meets your learning needs.

Here is what our students had to say about our GMAT courses:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey Hi,

I would definitely opt for CrackVerbal over e-Gmat, Initially I did some research about both, I found e-gmat SC a bit Overhyped and its unnecessarily loaded with lot of concepts which are makes your prep a bit more tough and boredom.Whereas Crackverbal was a great deal for me,Arun Sir makes it very simple and understandable especially for non native english speaker's,SC & RC are very well explained and you also they have a set separate videos called something like Strategies and Booster Videos.Those videos will help you to crack difficult/700-750 level questions, Even if you are stuck at any point during the prep, They have a individual team addressing your concerns so you need not worry for any doubts, They provide a good service for working professionals. Should definitely choose CrackVerbal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have taken crack verbal online course.Its really helpful.Every topic is covered in detail. And regarding Verbal,I must say it's crisp and clear and in the videos,the questions are discussed related to a particular topic which helps in understanding the concepts effectively.
So i highly recommend crackverbal course.

Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13961 posts