It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:29

Sort by Post Date Sort by Interview Date Sort by Most helpful
Debrief posted on  Jan 31, 18
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Nov 20, 15
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was with a second year student on campus. I waited in the waiting area with other interviewees then was taken to a small two person interview room. Brief introductions and chatter. Talked about the recent basketball camp out. Interviewer did not look at my resume beforehand. Asked me to walk through my resume. I was then asked many, many questions, I believe my interviewer was looking to get enough material to write his/her review. Questions were standard such as -- why mba, -- why fuqua, -- pitch yourself to admissions, -- name a weakness/strength, -- what makes you stand out etc. Interviewer was very pleasant throughout, at no time did I feel grilled. Interviewer ended interview by handing over card and stating that he/she was there to help and to reach out with any questions. Total time of about 40 minutes. I was worried about a couple things but neither hurt me: scheduled an interview only and skipped tour and class due to workload, dressed more towards consultant than banker attire (on the casual side)"
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 15
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"Had my interview today, thought I would post a debrief: Interview was with an alum in India over Skype (I am in Mumbai, he is in Hyderabad). It was a very conversational interview, as is expected from Fuqua. The guy was very amiable and instantly put me at ease. He asked the following questions: - Walk me through your profile. We spent a good 7-8 minutes on this, because he wanted to know more about some of the things I have done. - Tell me about one piece of constructive criticism you have received and how did you work on it. (This question cam up earlier than I thought, so the flow of the interview was a little different) - Tell me about a good team work experience that you have had. - What would your current Manager see you as? - What is your biggest weakness? - How will Fuqua help you overcome this weakness? - What are top 2-3 initiatives that you want to be a part of at Fuqua? - Why MBA? Why now? Why Fuqua? (This one came last, by this time we had talked about everything. So I gave him my top 3 reasons for the first two questions. By then, he said ok I already know the reasons you want to go to Fuqua, so let's not discuss this) Then couple of questions for him and bye bye. Hope this is helpful for people."
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 11, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I got my interview at Columbia at the very far end of ED applications. I was already preparing myself for a ding without interview. I am glad and feel lucky to have received the invite for interview. I have given the interview process a 4/5 star as I believe the policy of contacting 1 alumni at a time does limit your options and as these alumni are almost always busy, it becomes very difficult to schedule one. CBS' rolling admission does put a pressure on you to get your materials and itnerviews in as earliest as possible. My first interviewer was out of town and thus could not reply in time to my request for an interview. I was lucky that my second interviewer was very quick to respond back to my request for an interview. I scheduled my interview for 4 days later and the drive to the interviewer's office was 30 minutes long. I arrived at his office at 11 AM and he was very cordial and happy to interview me that day. We started off with the alumnus providing his background, his current and past work experiences and then we moved onto the actual interview. I was told at the beginning that the interviewer already had some questions prepared to ask me as I had already sent my resume with the interview request. It started with some very particular questions and he wanted to understand why I chose a particular path be it my education or my professional experience. After I was also asked the reasons for opting for my field of studies whether it was my UG or Master's studies or my first job or extracurriculars I involved myself with. I was asked the standard why MBA, why CBS, Why NYC, Plan B, what other schools did you apply to and why, why did you apply to CBS in ED round when you applied to other schools etc (all the standard questions that you will get from clear admit's or mbamission's interview guides). The interview lasted 45 minutes and was very conversational. I was taken aback when I was asked about my plan B if I am not able to lets say get courses of my liking or internship/full time offer in the industry of my choice. At the end of the interview, I was asked to talk about any questions I might have for the interviewer. 1 lesson I learnt was to tackle every question in a way that will lead you to talk about how/what are you going to bring to CBS' community. Once you do that convincingly, interview should be easy to navigate. Make sure to have a plan B type of answer prepared so that you can show that you have done your due diligence. The interview feedback was submitted the very same evening Final Result: Ding after interview. Probably I was not able to tackle the Plan B type of questions convincingly or 'diversity' of the class of 2018 played a role, I wouldnt know for sure. Anything different for next time: Probably go over the interview guides by stacy blackman and clearadmit in detail to cover all the possible interview questions and their possible answers."
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Apr 22, 17
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"Hi guys, I just had my first interview. And Pierre it was indeed in French, with just a small section in English. She is a 2008 alum doing innovation strategy for a tech company: My feeling about the interview is mixed. She was nice and she said she liked my profile. Yet I felt she really grilled me on future goal questions. First she asked me to describe my company, what we do, clients and so on, as she is from a completely different industry. The classic walk me through résumé and the trinity questions, all the while stopping me on the way to get more detail. We then spent a significant amount of time on my future goals (aka why don't I just go for them without an MBA, why this particular country, why that business, which segment I am interested in and why, and it went on and on and I provided tones of examples and personal anecdotes that landed me to wanting that particular line of business ). Other questions were: - Did you get in touch with people from the industry you are targeting? What did you learn from them? - How are you going to contribute at Insead - What are your plans B and C and so on (in terms of both region and jobs). Did you apply to others schools and why?. - What does your company (boss) think about you applying, how will he take the announcement, will you consider going back after the MBA, why? - Why do you choose Fonty over Singy? - What makes you stand out on your current job Then we talked about her career journey since INSEAD and spent some time on her previous job (until 4 months ago she worked for the same company as my partner so that helped). We then started talking in "future mode" and she gave me some pieces of advice to fully enjoy the best year of my life :) :ie. to do as many things as you can before school starts: a. Get rid of the third language requirement before september (not even sure I need that 3rd language, have to check), b. Waive the finance core courses of P1 and P2, so that I can take electives during this period and ultimately have time to travel when in Singy. c. Stay in fonty on weekends (and not go back to Paris) so as not to miss out on social events. d. Get my résumé ready to shoot before I start the programme Waiting for interview two! EDIT: Here is the debrief of 2nd Interview: Interviewer: 2003 alum, Managing Director of a Subsidiary of Real Estate company. It lasted two hours, he was actually nice, but clearly challenged my short term goal. To him, Consulting just didn’t make sense. He said that I would waste my time there, that it wouldn’t get me closer to my future goal that he actually liked. All the questions were around the countries in Africa in which BCG and McKinsey are based, who the heads of offices are, the types of projects they work on, who I talked to… Then he added that his friends in Consulting in Africa don’t get so many interesting projects other than with the governments, because African companies can’t afford MBB and that multinationals signed contracts with Europe or the US. So clearly going for Africa wouldn’t help, I’d rather work from a European office, I would get more African projects that way. Then questions on my long term goal, why Kinshasa and not another city, how I would get financing, which organisms do finance projects in Congo, we talked of the World Bank, the IMF, the UN, infrastructure projects in the country, the mining industry in the east, political uncertainties, the war, my family members’ projects and it went on and on. (thank you Jeune Afrique for keeping me informed). He then said that I would be better off working in PE or for the World Bank or UNDP, and that if there are no offices in Kinshasa I could build one. He actually had a point, but I had to defend my consulting position no matter what. That was hard :lol: :lol: He said that he got it that when people had no idea what they wanted they would go to consulting, but that I have a great project and he just doesn’t believe consulting is the way. I then asked him what he said he wanted to do when he applied to INSEAD, he answered CONSULTING :). No comment. All in all other than the job part that lasted almost an hour and a half, we only spent a couple of minutes on a couple of other questions: the 3 whys, a cultural choc, and ultimately how I would qualify my personality. And that was it. On the positive side, an hour before the interview I received an email from INSEAD informing me that I was awarded a merit based scholarship, the “INSEAD’s women” one. €15k, should I be admitted of course. So I mentioned it, he laughed and said, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I wouldn’t have spent so much time writing”… I just don’t know what he meant by that!!! :shock: :) Now the long wait! Good luck everyone!!!"
France
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Apr 22, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Completed both my interviews last week. Interview 1 was an awesome interview, we took an hour than went to get lunch together to continue our conversation. Interviewer stopped short of literally saying he would recommend me but he said my story was very strong and that I had great leadership potential. Some questions I remember: Why INSEAD? Why an MBA? What other schools have you applied to? He asked specifically about my industry experience and how I had progressed in my career (I have a lot of micro-promotions over 5 years) He asked about a time I had failed and how I overcame my struggle What are your weaknesses? All in all, this was a great 1.5-2 hour conversation. I really enjoyed the experience and we had a very organic conversation, made me very excited to go to INSEAD! Interview 2 was equally awesome, but in a different way. My interviewer was significantly more senior (SVP at a public company) and appeared to play more of a bad cop role and was less responsive to my answers (didn't show as much emotion). Definitely a more challenging exercise but I believe I did pretty well - he was almost 16 years out of his INSEAD experience and was definitely reminiscing his experience a lot. He also asked some more odd-ball questions that I had a tougher time with: What book are you currently reading (coincidentally I am reading an INSEAD-book right now :-D ) What blogs do you read? How does your company help other companies and how could you help mine? How do you learn from your mistakes, what process do you follow? In addition to these questions there were some of the standard Why INSEAD, Why MBA, Where else are you applying type questions. Overall, I think my interviews went better than I had expected although I probably could have done better on my second interview. Excited to hear back from INSEAD in 2-3 weeks!!"
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Apr 22, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"So yesterday I had my second interview... so let's see how it goes :) Both interviewers graduated quite a long time ago, though maintain the network through the Alumni club. First interview took 45 minutes, was rather conversational without an intention to challenge my aims. The person had the same background (incl. company) as I do and my arguments were extremely clear for him. He was interested in my 3rd essay and the way I spend time out of office. Second interview took almost 2.5 hours. We met on a weekend for a cup of coffee and ended up chatting for quite a long time. I noticed, the interviewer was not keeping track of time and something like after 2 hours found that it is already quite late and asked me if I have any questions. I take it as a good sign, as seems I managed to capture his attention with our discussion. He is an entrepreneur and was interested in my opinion on this or that business idea, basing on my previous experience. Tried to challenge me a bit on not doing MBA, but going into consulting firm. Standard questions are why MBA, why now, why INSEAD. Be ready to provide an answer, that fits your story. Anyway, this was discussed several times on the pages of this forum :) Have my fingers crossed..."
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 15
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"Hi guys. I thought I'd share my interview experience in case it helps. Not for the first time, I met with an Admissions Director in Europe. We actually had a great conversation. I had met my interviewer during Sloan‘s ‘On The Road’ event in my home city earlier this year, so we were already quite relaxed in each others presence. This was a seasoned interviewer and, all in all, a tough person to read. I felt we had a good bond and I could answer all their questions confidently and enthusiastically, so left feeling I had done well. Specific questions asked (maybe not in this exact order): - What has changed since your last application? [or since you submitted your application – always be prepared for this one!] - Tell me a bit more about [local charity I’m involved with and included on my resume] and what they do. - Give me a specific example of your leadership progression while [in my current role]. - What’s your long-term goal after coming to Sloan? - Have you considered which track you’d like to pursue? - You will be in the upper age range. Have you considered how you’ll handle this? - Anything else you’d like me to know about you? [good opportunity to jump right into a ‘greatest hit’ that has not been covered up to now] - Any questions for me? - Any final comments? In general, Sloan gives you a lot of opportunities to mention things important or relevant to your application – be ready to grab those! – but I also think my experience as an older-than-average candidate might be different to the norm. Sloan is also renowned for behavioural questions which means you may need to go deep into a particular story – way deeper than you might have planned. Have a few good stories to mind and rehearsed in your head before the big day or, better still, practice telling those stories with a friend who can dig into them and really press you for what you felt, how you reacted, why you did that etc. I really felt my mock interviews with my consultant, alum friends and the bathroom mirror (I kid you not!) helped to prepare me to give concise and passionate answers."
United Kingdom
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 8, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had a really good experience from the Booth interview. I was nervous going in but got comfortable as the interview started because the alumni I was talking to was very friendly. I was skeptical about the difference in my background and that of the interviewer ( I come from engineering background and my interviewer was from investment management background). The best advice I had recieved from my friends (from investment/finance industry) was to be well prepared to face questions about my industry. The reason - the investment professionals generally have to understand investment opportunities in various industries in their jobs so they might ask me lots about mine. And how right they were --- a good 10-15 mins of my interview was about what my industry was going through and why. And I was prepared well for this bit. And then there were standard questions which I had prepared well (already mentioned in this forum). But I was honest and the preparation that I did enabled me to come up with spontaneous answers as well. The biggest focus of the interview was understanding how well I will fit in the Booth culture and I tried my best to argue for my fit. Although I think I could have done better. I shared a story about Booth's origins which I really liked, to argue my case. (Interviewer's face lit up as I did so, because I think he had heard it before) All in all, the interview ended with a detailed discussion on the questions I had asked my interviewer and we discussed my hobbies too in the end with jokes about sports rivalries. I am clear that interview is just another inputs probably inline with the recommendations as they provide a third person perspective. But last few days for me have been spent analysing what things could get me dinged at this stage. My interview was quite long timewise with nearly 13 different questions (Standard Qs + others). Fingers crossed ! Hope my experience helps everyone here!"
India
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 8, 16
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"I had my interview couple of days ago off-campus. My interviewer was super nice, friendly, positive and I would say even supportive. The main questions asked were: 1. Why MBA? 2. Why Booth? 3. How did you decide to apply for MBA? 4. What drives you? 5. Short-term goal? Which companies? 6. To which schools did you apply besides Booth? Why have you chosen these particular schools? 7. What do you expect from MBA? After every question there were several additional questions, digging into details. We ended up talking for 2 hours: the official part of the interview lasted about 80 minutes and after that we talked for 40 minutes about life in Chicago and post MBA opportunities. Overall I would say it was a very pleasant, nice and friendly talk."
Kyrgyzstan
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Feb 8, 16
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I recently interviewed on campus with a second-year student and the questions were very similar to what have been posted before - so thanks to those that shared with us your interview experiences! Below were some of the questions I got - - walk me through your resume - leadership example - a time you worked with someone with different working styles than yours - a time you failed - a time you worked under uncertainty and ambiguity - a time when you had to say no - what I can bring to the Booth MBA - anything else I would like to add My interviewer was extremely nice and I so appreciated that they responded to my answers so it was a very interactive and conversational experience. Good luck to all!"
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Nov 17, 15
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"I had my interview off-campus at a coffee shop. My interviewer (alumnus) was very nice and asked lots of questions. Our conversation seemed to generally revolve around understanding my fit at Chicago Booth. Some of the questions asked: Tell me about yourself. Why MBA? Why now? Why Chicago Booth? What concentrations/classes are you interested in taking? What professors are you interested in? What are your thoughts on leadership and management? How do you differentiate the two? Many follow-up questions and tangents within those questions as the interviewer seem truly interested in the conversation. After the interview, I am even more interested in Chicago Booth. Hopefully all goes well! Good luck to everyone else with interviews!"
United States
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Feb 7, 16
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"The interview was fine. I was allotted to panel 3. They started with the incident that I talked about in my first essay (Professional achievement) - like why it happened, how it happened, how did i tackle etc and asked me a lot of question on that. They had completely gone through the application (every word of it) After this, they actual started the interview and followed it up with the usual questions - Why did you choose your post mba career to take up the role of "x"?, How will ISB help you perform better in the role of "x"? Why not stay back in the current organization ? Why specifically ISB and how will you contribute? Why not part time mba? Since I am from IT and with 8+ yrs of experience, they questioned me on my post mba aspirations a lot and questioned me on what if I did not get a job that I was looking for post ISB?"
India
Off Campus
Interviewed on:
Feb 7, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Had my interview yesterday. Location: Delhi, 4:15pm; Panel: 2 alums (both co2011) + 1 ISB ELP committee director One word essay was on 'Reward'. Interview was brief (20-25 mins max). No grilling or cross questioning. Panel found my profile interesting. Questions were as follows: 1) Why do you want to leave your business (even though its a profitable venture with annual sales of Rs.1.5 crore) and Why come to ISB? 2) How did you get into this business? 3) Take us through your professional journey so far 4) Take your own business as a case study. What will you do to improve the margins? What are the problems involved? 5) How did you get into quizzing (had mentioned it as my hobby)? 6) Do you know what consulting companies look for while hiring candidates? (had mentioned consulting as post-MBA goal) 7) How do you think your entrepreneurship experience will help you in your consulting career? No guesstimations at all. No questions on my EY experience. Nevertheless, I have a bad feeling about the entire experience."
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 7, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I got an Interview call on 30th Jan, 2016 and it was an Off-campus Interview in Delhi. There were 2 alumni ( supposedly from the same background as mine since they asked me few technical questions on my experience ) The questions were: 1. Are you a Trained Dancer? Why don't you pursue that? I was not but since I mentioned that I teach in a dance studio, they probably presumed that. 2. What's the name of the dance studio you work at? 3. They scanned my application hard-copy and were really prepared to grill me on some results achieved. How did you achieve those results? 4. How and why did you shift into this different domain? I don't think technical people are able to do that? 5. How would you achieve the Post-Mba goal you have written? What would you do at ISB? 6. Why did you shift back to technical work? I think they were really skeptical of my work experience. 7. Why ISB? Why MBA now? 8. Questions for us? I asked 2 questions. They responded perfectly clearing my concerns. Overall it was a nice experience though I was sure they were not fully convinced of my work profile."
India
Debrief posted on  Jan 30, 18
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Feb 16, 16
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I was a R1 applicant to Wharton and as I come from an overly represented group I was not expecting an invite from Wharton. I do think that using the optional essay worked. I don't think I would have received the interview invite without it (based on my profile parameters, obviously!). I delayed my interview registration by 1 day that was a mistake (hindsight) as I wanted to go for the last available time slot in Philly. I had already planned on doing an on campus interview as I did not have a chance to visit the campus before the interview. Went with 19th Nov (Afternoon, the last spot left at Philly!). It was a decision worth the travel and hectic schedule (as I had 1 interview on 18th morning and a school visit scheduled for 20th Nov). Couple of points to keep in mind once you get the interview invite. 1. Make sure to pick up a day comfortable for you and not rush into booking the interview spot as TBD is a different way of interview. Give yourself some time to gather your thoughts for the TBD as each year the prompt will be different. 2. Keep the day before the TBD/PI yourself calm and not doing anything stressful. I would learn this important thing later when I did not make it to Wharton or the one for which I had interviewed the day before!). The campus visit was really good and I opted to go for 2 classes (wanted to maximize my visit!). After attending the classes , we were made to wait in the waiting area just outside the TBD conference rooms and were called in a random order in groups of 6. Once we all sat in the conference rooms alongwith 2 moderators (2nd year admission fellows), we were told again told about the TBD prompt. Once the time was open for a discussion, we all presented our 1 minute speech and then started to jot down points with the last 5 minutes to gather out thoughts and to present them to the moderators. All the participants were very receptive to others' ideas and everyone tried to work towards presenting a coherent chain of thoughts leading to a successful organization of a 1 day event. Tips for TBD (do note that the rules/tips mentioned are for TBDs till 2015 application cycle. Wharton might change the regulations): 1. Refer to my post http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-wharton-applicants-2016-intake-class-of-200055-600.html#p1642703 for links on good TBD practice. 2. If you dont want to pay for TBD practice, reach out to fellow interview invitees on GMATCLUB and set up a mock TBD on your own. 3. Make sure to spend a day or two in thinking about ways in which you can bring in your profile (personality/WE/education/extra curriculars etc) in the scheme of the things. 4. Do have a really good/confident 1 minute pitch at the beginning. 5. Be very receptive of what others have to say. Try to assimilate most (if not all) the ideas presented. This will only show that you are a great listener. 6. You can show initiative or action oriented nature by volunteering (not fighting) for keeping the time for the group or for taking the notes or for assigning the final presentation roles at the end of the TBD. 7. Make sure that the group is on time at any given moment. This is important as a group that does not respect time constraints in TBD will not have a single person selected from. 8. Remember that your fellow TBD members are your friends and NOT enemies. Work together as a team and it might even be that all of you make it through. 9. Be confident about what you say and how you say it. Dont use a condescending or a rude tone. Once we were done with the TBD, we were called in 1 by 1 by the 2 TBD moderators and had our PI (personal interview) for 15 minutes. As TBD is already for 35 minutes, the PI is kept really short by Wharton (I personally think it is way too short to present any meaningful information), the interviewer did not seem interested to be engaged in the conversation (it was at 5 PM at that time, just before the MBA Pub on Thursday!). I was asked the following in my PI 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why this/ why that (from my resume) 3. 2-3 questions on my extra curriculars, why this activity, what did you learn 4. 1-2 Professional questions 5. Why Wharton Although I did not make it after the interview, I still felt good about my TBD/PI (these two are 2 of the many variables in play)."
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 9, 15
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"I had my interview yesterday and it was one of the better interviews I've had so far. I'm sharing my experience here and will be keeping it brief, however, if you have any queries I'm available on PM to assist. My interview was initially scheduled earlier last week, and then after being re-scheduled a couple of times finally took place yesterday. It was with an alumnus from Mumbai in a coffee shop and lasted for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Following are some of the questions I can recall 1.Can you explain what you do in your daily work? (Resume walk-through) 2.What would your subordinates say is your leadership style? 3. How do you show leadership at work? Is Leadership and Management the same? (Behavior analysis.. I aced this one I bet..) 4. As part of company X, tell me a time when you were part of a team that did not perform well, how did you contribute... 5.How do you work with people from different cultures? 6. What do your co-workers say is your weakness? 7.How have you overcome this weakness? 8. Why would you choose our school’s MBA program? etc. etc. My interviewer was from a somewhat similar background to mine but had much less upstream experience and more downstream and mid-stream experience.. So once the grilling was done he was genuinely interested to learn much more about upstream services and hydraulic fracturing(my domain of expertise).. we spoke about lot of things from energy sufficiency for india and how i envision the future of shale oil/gas and EOR etc. etc... All in all a pretty good one, wrapped up with him asking me to catch up for another informal meeting sometime soon and that I was headed down the right track in going to Stanford, told me about the energy research institute at Stanford and how i can leverage my functional knowledge too along with business skills gained through an MBA."
India
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Feb 21, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The experience was an absolute blur, but the interviewer kept the conversation very casual and made me feel comfortable. Having said that, you need to be ready and totally focused. The questions and follow up questions come quick, and you should provide thoughtful and concise questions to each to keep the energy of the interview up. Flow of the interview was as follows: Walked through resume from undergraduate experience to present. Random follow ups on personal interests and current events. Undergrad leadership experience Why undergrad major? Why job/company selected out of undergrad? Challenges, achievements in first job. Follow ups Challenges, achievements in second job. Follow ups Current assignment - how has responsibility increased? (I have worked for same company for 5 years, so the whole interview was showing how I've developed and taken advantage of opportunities in development program) Saw one of my interests in resume, asked why I enjoy it and asked me to expand (learning more about personal side) Asked where I learn about current events. What am I interested in in my own industry and other industries? What companies am I following, etc."
United States
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Nov 25, 15
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"I interviewed last week in New York. Similar to what others have said the interviewer was friendly, but he definitely came at me from the beginning. We did not touch my resume, or any of the traditional leadership questions that I had anticipated, instead he asked mainly curve ball questions really from every direction. I feel like I did well, I made a point to be articulate and conversational in my responses. To echo what others have said though, it was very apparent that his purpose was to get me off of my script and then push me around to see how I reacted. I think I reacted well, and he definitely had me off of my script from the first to the last question. My interview was 44 minutes long though, not sure if that is a good or bad sign! In the beginning he said there wouldn't be time for questions, and as we were wrapping up I knew we were already past time so I was very surprised when he said, "Do you have any questions?", and then after I asked one and he responded, he asked me, "What is another question?"! Whether I get in or not I know I did my best and there is no way I could have been more prepared for the interview. I am grateful that I did plenty of mock interviews and personal preparation beforehand though, had I not there is no way I would not have been a deer in the headlights 5 minutes into the conversation."
United States
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 15
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview on campus this week! It was a good conversation lasting exactly 30 minutes. The first 15-20 minutes was spent about my current role, my employer and my industry. Later it moved to my post MBA goal (I want to start my company) and details about my business model, challenges, plans etc. We also spoke about my leadership style (what will be team mates say is my biggest leadership trait?). Overall it was a fun 30 minutes and passed by very quickly. I had prepared a lot and though it came handy, wasn't all that necessary. I am glad I did the interview on campus as I was able to participate in the full day of activities (campus tour, chat with faculty, chat with current students, "What's next" with Dee, etc.) and also sat in a class the next day. This has completely changed my impression of HBS and the value it provides. I had a great time!"
United States
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 15
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was a blur! Here are a few thinks I remember: 1. Know your resume well. You will be asked specific to your experience. 2. Know about how the recession affected your industry and your life. I know 2 other peeps who had the same exact question asked. 3. 1 other person and myself were asked about entrepreneurship and how often I thought about "getting rich quick" and what business ideas would allow that to happen. Keep in mind I am NOT an entrepreneur! 4. Would you still attend HBS if you won the lottery? 5. Where do you see yourself 30 years from now? 6. What do you think about the M&A market right now? I blanked out on this. 7. Is your job logical? Why or why not? I know of 2 other people who got this same question. Overall a very intense but friendly process. No time for questions at the end. Good luck to everybody! I know I will remember some questions here and there, so I will post more when I have a long enough list but they were fairly farfetched and unrelated to my profession!"
United States