It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 01:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Devestated.....

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Devestated..... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2009, 15:56
After 6 months of intensive studying:

1. Kaplan Book
2. Kaplan 800
3. PR Cracking GMAT
4. Pertesons GRE/GMAT Math Review (2x)
5. MGMAT books
6. OG 11th (2x) and 12th.
7. OG Quant and Verbal books.
8. Hours, and hours on GMATclub reading posts....
9. 12 Simulated CATS in 6 weeks(2 PR, 2 Kaplan, 6MGMAT, 2PP)...first 2 in mid 500s..next 6 610-630, last 4 640-660).

I clicked compute score and got a 570!! 39Q, 30V...I am shocked and devastated. My application is due next week and I did not anticipate this scenario...

I have been laid off so I dedicated the last six months to conquering the GMAT. I know that many will say, go tackle it again and tell AdCom, but I have put so much time into this GMAT preparation, that I am mentally drained, and feel I need to focus on other things, but I know this failure to perform will haunt me...I can't believe that I did so badly and now the dynamic of my app has drastically changed to the negative.........

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codes
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 637 [0], given: 6

Re: Devestated..... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2009, 23:59
Hey, do not be disheartened. You have not mentioned what is your target score. However, Last 4 scores show that all your previous scores were between 640 and 660. So, if you have targeted any score within range, you could consider another attempt after a month time.

Within a month you could probably go through all the previous tests and see whether you did mistake on some similar patterns. Try to fill up any gap in concepts and approaches. I guess this will help.

By the way, you did not mention your test experience. How do you feel about test? Is the test now too offbeat from the general question pattern or from difficulty level that we see on GMATPrep? What do you think about complexity?

If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space

Kudos [?]: 637 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2009, 06:44
BTW..I left out CR Bible...

My target was around 650-670...I went in with a feeling that 620 would be the bottom of my range. So a 570 was a shock.

Last week I re-did all the OB books' math questions timing keeping myself under a 2 minute time limit then taking educated guess. I felt like I was in great shape.....

I did feel that the first five Quant questions were particularly hard, and was not that confident with my answers. I think I carried that through the exam mentally. Sort of let the exam makers take control of the game.

Verbal has been my strong area throughout the last 6 months, but I think I devoted too much time to Quant in the last month. Historically I have been scoring in the high 30s-40 on Verbal. Even though i was a little psyched out after Quant, I went into Verbal knowing that this is my strong area that can bring my score into the mid 600s. I ma not sure how I scored a 30, the lowest ever, even lower than my first CAT!! I must have been mentally fatigued and made stupid mistakes...

I did not sleep at all last night thinking about my negative performance and failure to put this exam in my rearview mirror...I was hoping today to get to some of the things I neglected over the last 6 months, but I still have this crate of GMAT books staring me in the face,...

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2009, 05:51
I was so bummed that I put all the GMAT books in a closet the night I returned. However, now I am pissed!!! I am not going to let this test defeat me. It won the battle but not the war. I refuse to let this score define my abilities on this test, I know I have done better.

I will take another week off to finish an app that has to get in. Then I will spend a few days going over the posts in this forum and write down ideas. I am also sure that fatigue and scheduling test in the late afternoon had a role. Also, now that I am comfortable with the testing location etc..it might be less stressful.

Re: Devestated.....   [#permalink] 11 May 2009, 05:51

Devestated.....

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: EMPOWERgmatRichC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap