Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:18 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 524 [1]
Given Kudos: 916
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 524 [0]
Send PM
Re: enhanced score report [#permalink]
I am weak at verbal

dose ESR show me the performance on SC, on CR and RC?

anyone know pls, speak
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7779 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi thangvietnam,

The enhanced score report is very limited. All it tells you about each problem type is your average time per problem and your percentile ranking within each sub-section. So, for instance, you might learn that you scored in the 35th percentile in CR but the 63rd percentile in SC. However, it's hard to compare this information to your home performance to see where, if anywhere, your performance deviated from the norm.

Here's a sample report: https://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/gma ... -demo.aspx
Director
Director
Send PM
thank you expert,
I checked the website. I think ESR is good for me because it tell me which section in verbal I am weak at. for example, I can be weak at SC.

all persons have to buy ESR ?

anyone do not have to buy?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi thangvietnam,

The Enhanced Score Report is an optional purchase, so not everyone has to buy it. Dmitry is correct - the information in the report is rather limited, but sometimes that data can point out a big 'weak spot' in a Test Taker's performance (such as a particular category of question or a pacing 'issue' in a particular area).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Director
Director
Send PM
Enhanced Score Report give us the information on how we perform on each type of question. For example, we can know that SC performance is 50 percentile, CR performance is 40 percentile and RC performance is 35 percentile.

is that right?

if that is correct, ESR is really good for non natives because they can know at which type of question, SC, CR, or RC they are weak. This will direct their future study into their weaknesses.

I highly appreciate the introduction of ESR.
Director
Director
Send PM
because percentile of each section such as SC, CR, RC allows us to know our performace in that seciontion, compared to that of other testtaker, percentile shows how we should study in the future. for example, if SC percentile of a testtaker is 25 percentile, that test taker should improve SC.

I finished the test a few days ago, and I am not happy with verbal score. it is not good as on the mock test. I want to improve verbal and so, I want to know at which section SC, CR, or RC I am weak .
Director
Director
Send PM
thank you expert, you promise already. I will post and pls, evaluate my performance at that time.

give me a few days. I want to take a bread after the test
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 524 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
EMPOWERGMAT, PLS, READ MY ESC, and comment and advise me on how to improve verbal.

thank you
Attachments

Your GMAT Enhanced Score Report.pdf [184.8 KiB]
Downloaded 126 times

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi thangvietnam,

With a V23, you're missing LOTS of points in ALL 3 Verbal categories (SC, RC and CR). The fact that you scored in the 57th percentile in CR is decent, but it doesn't compare real well with how you scored in RC, so some of those CR points might have been due to 'good guessing' when you took the GMAT. That isn't an approach that you can rely on the next time you take the Test, so you'll have to get in some CR practice along with your SC and RC practice.

Your overall pacing in the Verbal section is actually quite GOOD; the average amount of time that you're spending on SC, RC and CR is right about what it should be. Now we have to improve the way that you handle the overall Verbal section, which will require some new tactics and practice.

When are you planning to retake the GMAT?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
thangvietnam wrote:
EMPOWERGMAT, PLS, READ MY ESC, and comment and advise me on how to improve verbal.

thank you

Thank you for posting the ESR. I think it will help many people to make their decision about purchasing it.
Director
Director
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi thangvietnam,

With a V23, you're missing LOTS of points in ALL 3 Verbal categories (SC, RC and CR). The fact that you scored in the 57th percentile in CR is decent, but it doesn't compare real well with how you scored in RC, so some of those CR points might have been due to 'good guessing' when you took the GMAT. That isn't an approach that you can rely on the next time you take the Test, so you'll have to get in some CR practice along with your SC and RC practice.

Your overall pacing in the Verbal section is actually quite GOOD; the average amount of time that you're spending on SC, RC and CR is right about what it should be. Now we have to improve the way that you handle the overall Verbal section, which will require some new tactics and practice.

When are you planning to retake the GMAT?

Rich

thank you expert,
I am non native and I am strong on quan so I need V30 to get over 620 to get admitted. Pls, note this.

my CR is good because I practice prethinking well.
My RC is terrible because I am hurry. though I can read the 3rd passage, and understand structures of passages, (this is success for non native who can not read even to understand the structure of passages), I think I get most of questions on RC wrong.

for SC I do too fast (for non native), and do not focus on meaning

I took gmat many times before and never get Verbal more than 20, so, this score on verbal is an improvement for me

I highly appreciate enhanced score report, because it show me in which part of verbal section I am weakest.

on the gmatclub test onine, I get 18 correct out of 19 question for 50 minutes. none of question is old to me.

I can see many places to impove, SC and RC.

pls note that my purpose is V30.

can you give me more advice
Director
Director
Send PM
I finish 30 questions of verbal, and run out of time. and to avoid penalty, I tick all the remaining question. I never think I can do faster. I shoud do more slowly to get more questions correct
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi thangvietnam,

That's interesting - even though you had to guess on the last 11 Verbal questions, your average time spent per question was just about what I would recommend. If you've always had trouble finishing on time in the Verbal section, then we have to focus your studies on picking up more of the points on the questions that you DO fully attempt (and train you how to properly move past questions that are too difficult). Thankfully, with a 580, you're really close to a 620+ right now.

When are you planning to retest?

Rich
Director
Director
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi thangvietnam,
That's interesting - even though you had to guess on the last 11 Verbal questions, your average time spent per question was just about what I would recommend. If you've always had trouble finishing on time in the Verbal section, then we have to focus your studies on picking up more of the points on the questions that you DO fully attempt (and train you how to properly move past questions that are too difficult). Thankfully, with a 580, you're really close to a 620+ right now.

When are you planning to retest?

Rich

thank you expert,
enhanced score report is FATALLY important to me. for example, I read a lot of article in the economist magazine to be able to read the passage and not focus on answering the question. The consequence is I can read and understand structure of all 3 passages but most of question wrong. I now focus on answering question/infering. before I can not read the passage and is obsessed with the reading for struture. supose next time , I read ony one passage, the first one, then my rc score improve heavily. a few recent days, I practice answering and 9 of 10 questions I get correct.

for sc, I change strategy, focus on meaning to find meaning errors not grammartical errors (grammatical errors will appear automaticaly).

in short I find two rooms where I can improve my score in about 6 weeks.

the key is gmat skill can be improved quickly if my english is good already and if I study in right direction.

I am righ direction in CR already
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2009 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Top Contributor
thangvietnam: GMAT announced a huge improvement to ESR. You might wanna check it out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 598
Send PM
NoHalfMeasures wrote:
thangvietnam: GMAT announced a huge improvement to ESR. You might wanna check it out.

The new ESR is scary. With so much information out there, I don't know where it is gonna leads us. Will GSB/HBS soon report their averages in 780s???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4
Send PM
Nina1987 wrote:
NoHalfMeasures wrote:

The new ESR is scary. With so much information out there, I don't know where it is gonna leads us. Will GSB/HBS soon report their averages in 780s???

What is an assumption required in this argument? :-D
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2