Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Essay Reviews from current MBA students [#permalink]
We need more people like you guys...this is a commendable job...thanks

rknross wrote:
Great response so far. We have been overwhelmed by the response and therefore, we have already started working on a long-term proposal for same/similar services in order to raise money for various charitable organisations and we would really appreciate further contribution to strengthen our cause, efforts.

EXPIRATION TIME for current offer:
Aug 31, 2011 - 3 PM EST

Thank you for all your contribution. I must also mention that we care a great deal about the awareness aspect of our services and we are doing incredibly well so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.53
WE:Other (Accounting)
Send PM
Just wonder if it's ok to send you essays/resume like a month later?
Current Student
Send PM
jakitt wrote:

Sure. But you will have to pay now. More than 60% of the contributors will send us the essays later.
Current Student
Send PM
bb wrote:
Great initiative. Thank you. I have put you guys in the announcement section on the site.

GMAT Club has also made a humble donation. Congratulations on making the target!

Great thanks GMAT Club.

You are one of the most collaborative club that I have come across so far (do not go by my statistics because somehow I lost access to my original account). This says so much about the MBA experience. We are into third day of our MBA journey and already overwhelmed to find a large number of people willing to step-up and contribute for a greater cause.

I must share with the club that we started of as a team of 4-5 guys working on our first communication on this idea at 10 PM on 8/29. In less than 15 hours there were around 20 in a room working on different aspects of the project along with many who committed as a reviewer.

We are so glad that we have created a greater awareness which is valued far beyond the amount that we have generated so far. We would love to continue our efforts in the future and will be glad to receive feedbacks from the larger community.

Thank you for all the contributions.

Rohit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.13
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Awesome idea and very cheap price. I'm donating now and will send two essays and a resume shortly. Very smart way to raise funds. I hope the response from the GC community has been what you needed to raise your target funds.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.53
WE:Other (Accounting)
Send PM
rknross wrote:
jakitt wrote:

Sure. But you will have to pay now. More than 60% of the contributors will send us the essays later.

Already made the donation though, before my previous post. Thank you for creating such a great project. This is such a great idea! It will be a hard work but you guys are willing to sacrifice your valuable time for the foundation. A big applause for you all!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CPA
Concentration: Other
GPA: 3.27
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
I'm in. would love to help spread this initiative to other schools next year, assuming I get into one!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I saw themangoman's post was removed for some reason but he indicated that he hadn't heard back after 7 hours of submitting his essays for review. Just wanted to make sure someone can verify that they have used the essay review services and actually received feedback. Sorry for the skepticism but I, like Pkit, am a former auditor and have learned to trust no one, haha. Can anyone confirm that they are actually performing said reviews in a timely manner?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Ross R2-- Admitted
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: IT Consulting
Send PM
We would like to thank you all for the amazing response. Your donations have served a great cause and provided us with valuable feedback to take this cause forward. We would really appreciate feedback from the community on how we can make this service better.

In less than 40 hours we were able to raise more than $800 in donations from 28 applicants/donors. Special thanks to gmatclub for allowing us to use this forum and donating to our cause.

For people who have donated and are still waiting for review, we will reach out to you shortly. If you have any further questions please contact Ryan at rfukushi@umich.edu

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Yea I can confirm...I do not know why my post was deleted..but I have received the feedback and I liked the service...Is there an option to resend the essays after incorporating the reviewers' feedback?

yellosno wrote:
I saw themangoman's post was removed for some reason but he indicated that he hadn't heard back after 7 hours of submitting his essays for review. Just wanted to make sure someone can verify that they have used the essay review services and actually received feedback. Sorry for the skepticism but I, like Pkit, am a former auditor and have learned to trust no one, haha. Can anyone confirm that they are actually performing said reviews in a timely manner?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow. I feel bad about doubting the genuineness of the program and effectiveness of UMich student essay reviewers. I submitted two essays and a resume at 3:15pm and at 5:05pm I received the reviewer comments. Not only were they clearly paying attention while reeading my documents but the comments were extremely helpful in pointing out things I never considered. Great job! I too would be interested in helping expand this program beyond its infancy if those at Ross decide to proceed.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2