Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Please let me know if you try the gmatclub challenges. I would like some objective input on them. Plus I think we are close in skill in quant so if you improve a lot from them I would probably find them valuable.

By the way I found the Kaplan math material to be very good. Have you reviewed that material?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought Kaplan 800 was decent, but I think that the level of difficulty of their math questions is a little over rated by some here. Manhattan GMAT books do a nice job of really showing you how to do problems if you dont know how to do a particular type of question. They also have great number theory and consecutive integer stuff. But could someone tell me how they feel about a 3rd retake?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Without knowing your complete profile it would be difficult to predict how much a higher score would affect your chances at getting admitted to the school of your choice. I will say that given your current abilities and 30+ days of potential prep time you should be able to crack 700.

The question you have to ask yourself is will the 700 really help your application more than focusing on the essays, interviews, etc. will?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am a very good writer and I can make a compelling case... I think that I would have a great time writing the essays. Thats no issue at all. My only concern is my quant score applying for MBA fiance programs. I hope passing CFA Level 1 would blunt some concern on the part of any programs, but I am still concerned.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Most programs SHOULD want someone like you as they should want to balance the quant guys with the qualitative guys. I'll take a diverse school over a school full of engineers and techies any day.

I really believe the GMAT is used purely for rankings. Each school decides what they want/can get away with/can live with and still be a highly ranked school. I know a ton of people who scored in the 900-1000 range on the SAT that finished with much higher GPA's than people with 1400+ SAT scores so I don't buy into the predictor for academic success mumbo jumbo. They want to say "our students avg X score on the GMAT" so US News ranks them in the top 20 or what have you.

If you have compelling parts of your profile that make you stand out, GMAT scores become less important.

I could go on forever on these theories but that would be boring and potentially scandalous.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well I did get a 1420 on the SAT... but more balanced 700 math 720 verbal
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
But yes... I completely agree who wants a school that is 100% engineers... (no-offense engineers).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah no offense to engineers and techies but I definitely would prefer a balance.

Back to the subject at hand, the GMAT. When are you thinking of taking the GMAT again? I think we are at the same level as far as quant goes, perhaps we can check in here and let each other in on what is working/not working? I am working the official guide workbooks as well as reviewing some of my trouble problems in the Kaplan guides. Next up is the gmatclub stuff. What are you working on?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think the OG problems are rather on the easy side. I'll probably do the GMATclub stuff. Mostly I am just going to do GMATprep a billion times. Already know "how to do" most problems, it is just the implementation I am concerned with at this point. 41-45Q is more my current range. If I got a 45Q next time I would be thrilled as I see another 44+ V in the cards.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]