Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Gtown [#permalink]
I would agree that the location is ideal. I went to Gtown's undergrad business school. The facilities for the MBA students were being markedly improved every year - they modernized many of the classrooms, have instituted a campus-wide wireless network, and are constructing a whole new building (which, admittedly, probably won't help you bc it's not supposed to be done until 2008 or 2009). Nonetheless, the area is great and I never heard one MBA student complain - I used to work in their computer lab.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gtown [#permalink]
I found this release from March 2006 about the new facilities. Man! Alot of schools are renovating (U of Washington, Stanford, Georgetown) for later this decade. At least IESE has completed their new campus!

March 27, 2006 Contact:
Cynthia S. Shaw
(202) 687-4080
css27@georgetown.edu
Groundbreaking Scheduled for McDonough School of Business Site

Washington, D.C. -- The long awaited McDonough School of Business site blessing and groundbreaking ceremony will take place at noon on March 31st. On-site in Lot T, McDonough School of Business Dean George Daly and President Jack DeGioia will commemorate the day along with more than 150 donors in attendance. The new building for the McDonough School of Business is an $82.5 million dollar venture, which is scheduled to be completed in the spring of 2008.

"The new building for the McDonough School of Business is central to our plan for the future -- to become a world class enterprise. It will create a sense of place, provide outstanding facilities and an environment that promotes interaction with our students, alumni, recruiters and other constituencies," said Daly.

The approximate 172,000-square foot plan for the building encompasses a five story structure which will sit on the western half of Lot T, directly adjacent to the Leavey Center and new Multi-Sport facility. Featuring 15 classrooms, 33 breakout rooms, 12 interview rooms, and 15 conference rooms, the new design includes five times the student common area currently available for McDonough School of Business students. The building will also house 124 faculty offices and an auditorium seating 367. An underground parking lot and plaza connecting the new structure to the Leavey Center enhance the structure's functionality.

"The new building will greatly expand the School's potential," said DeGioia. "Having a world-class facility which reflects the School's world-class curriculum, faculty and research will enhance the McDonough School of Business' ability to educate our next generation of business leaders."

Currently, the university has secured over $75 million dollars in philanthropic support towards the project. Approximately 35 individuals have committed over $500,000. Georgetown is relying completely on the support of alumni, parents, foundations, corporations and friends of the School to cover building costs. Naming opportunities are still available, ranging from $25,000 to $25 million, including classrooms, team rooms and faculty offices. For more information on the building, or on giving opportunities, please visit https://msb.georgetown.edu/ and select A New Home For McDonough, or contact Mike Boyd, director of development, at mb298@georgetown.edu.

"The new building is a symbol of the very exciting future and momentum that the Business School has," noted Bob Steers (B'75), chairman of the McDonough Board of Advisors and co-CEO of Cohen and Steers Capital Management, Inc. "This really is the new era of the McDonough School of Business."

The University has hired Whiting Turner as construction managers, and internationally acclaimed Olin Partnership for landscape architecture. Boston architects Goody Clancy are responsible for the new building's design, which is guided by the School's strategic plan. Georgetown received final approval for construction from the D.C. Zoning Commission in early December 2005.

"The sides that face the public areas are stone and brick, detailed in a style that blends well to the historic feel of the campus," said Alice Boyer, director of facilities planning for the University. "The side that faces the new quad and future Science building is a more modern glass look. It is a blend of the old and new."

About the Robert Emmett McDonough School of Business
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business is a premier, distinguished business school located in the nation's capital. Founded in 1957 to educate undergraduate business students through the integration of liberal arts and professional education, the McDonough School today has approximately 1,300 undergraduates, 620 MBA students, and more than 500 participants in its executive education programs annually. For more information about the McDonough School, visit msb.georgetown.edu.

About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is the oldest Catholic and Jesuit university in America, founded in 1789 by Archbishop John Carroll. Georgetown today is a major student-centered, international, research university offering respected undergraduate, graduate and professional programs on its three campuses. For more information about Georgetown University, visit https://www.georgetown.edu.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow....sounds impressive. Brand spankin' new facilities certainly won't hurt in the rankings dept.

In my estimation, McDonough is a program on the rise. Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
from my bit of research seems to have a real strong finance dept.
the vault.com surveys indicate a quality faculty and education
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have a few friends who are 2nd yrs at Georgetown. At least in their opinions, finance is definitely a strength, especially from a recruiting/placement perspective.

Come to think of it, from my undergrad days there (through 2003), I remember that the vast majority of my classmates who landed jobs through campus recruiting did so in banking and a few other finance-related areas. The rest of us were largely on our own. It may (or may not) speak to the strength of the overall brand name on Wall St, etc as opposed to elsewhere...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]