GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 07:21

Expecting Soon:

R1 Admission Decisions from McCombs - Join Chat Room for Latest Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Happy Christmas 20% Sale! Math Revolution All-In-One Products!

December 20, 2018

December 20, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

This is the most inexpensive and attractive price in the market. Get the course now!
  • Key Strategies to Master GMAT SC

December 22, 2018

December 22, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Attend this webinar to learn how to leverage Meaning and Logic to solve the most challenging Sentence Correction Questions.

GMAT in 20 days

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT in 20 days  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 16:35
Hello all,
I have my GMAT in 20 days from now. I have been preparing for a while now. My manhattan test scores were 580 , 670 and 710(2 weeks back).
For this month, I have consistently scored a 710 in my gmat prep2 test, manhattan test 3 and kaplan free test. However I am worried about how exactly my prep is going. This is my retake. I took my first GMAT with the preparation of 15 days and my score was a terrible 530( I know it was stupid! ).
Somehow I do not feel that GMATPREP tests are real good indicators because of the number of repetitions. I still have 2 tests from GMATPREP and 3 from Manhattan to be taken in these upcoming days. My target is atleast a 700 and m hell unconfident of it.

Please guide me on how to utilize the remaining tests. Your immediate help and guidance shall be much appreciated.
Director
Director
GPA: 3.21
WE: Business Development (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT in 20 days  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2014, 23:01
maggie27 wrote:
Hello all,
I have my GMAT in 20 days from now. I have been preparing for a while now. My manhattan test scores were 580 , 670 and 710(2 weeks back).
For this month, I have consistently scored a 710 in my gmat prep2 test, manhattan test 3 and kaplan free test. However I am worried about how exactly my prep is going. This is my retake. I took my first GMAT with the preparation of 15 days and my score was a terrible 530( I know it was stupid! ).
Somehow I do not feel that GMATPREP tests are real good indicators because of the number of repetitions. I still have 2 tests from GMATPREP and 3 from Manhattan to be taken in these upcoming days. My target is atleast a 700 and m hell unconfident of it.

Please guide me on how to utilize the remaining tests. Your immediate help and guidance shall be much appreciated.

Hi Maggie27,

The comments above really don't help..While I see you have made an improvement but then you have not mentioned what do you think are your weak areas.What has been your score break up..How much did you score in math, verbal..IR...Did you attempt all sections..Have you done a through analysis of your tests..

Manhattan tests do give you a analysis report using which you can identify your weak areas so that you can work on them before re-taking a test...

Since your test is 20 days from now...don't touch upon something you have done before...and review your tests completely...

One of the most important aspects of preparing for Gmat is to learn from your mistake...and till you are doing that...you are not learning...

A beautiful article on what you should do :

http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/2013/ ... -the-gmat/

My advise don't rush to the exam till you feel you know your weak areas and whether you have improved in those areas...

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”

Manager
Manager
GMAT in 20 days  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Sep 2014, 07:32
Hi WoundedTiger,

Thank you for your time. I have been attempting all the tests with the IR always(and no awa). The break up follows:
MGMAT - 580 (Q43 V28)
MGMAT - 660 (Q43 V37)
MGMAT - 710 (Q46 V41)
GMATPREP - 710 (Q50 V37)
KAPLAN - 710 (Q50 V38)

If you can guide me on the last minute strategies,I will be highly grateful.
Thanks in Advance :)

Originally posted by maggie27 on 29 Sep 2014, 07:29.
Last edited by maggie27 on 29 Sep 2014, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 10:31
If your list is in chronological order, then it looks like you've been improving since you last took the test. It also appears that you're a lot stronger in the quantitative section than verbal. With that, here's a link to a thread in this forum that discusses improving your verbal score: how-to-go-to-v40-from-v30-142366.html.

As you prepare to retake your GMAT, consider these tips on retaking the test:

1.Try to forget your last GMAT experience as much as you can. Don't be afraid of your last performance and don't let it affect your confidence level. You know what to expect now and you are better prepared this time around.
2. If you felt scattered in your studies and used multiple sources without a proper pedagogic line to follow, find a prep plan that works for you. This will streamline your learning and boost confidence.
3. Remember to practice all parts of the exam. You can spend your time focusing on your weakness, but it helps to hone in on your strengths.
4. Be sure to take simulation and practice exams in real conditions and at roughly the same hour of day. On exam day, do exactly what brought you success when practicing.
5. Improve your time management.

Here are other tips on retaking the exam: https://gmat.economist.com/search/blog_post?keys=retake.

Best of luck!

Jessica

http://econgm.at/freetrialoffer
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 10:43
JTuquero wrote:
If your list is in chronological order, then it looks like you've been improving since you last took the test. It also appears that you're a lot stronger in the quantitative section than verbal. With that, here's a link to a thread in this forum that discusses improving your verbal score: how-to-go-to-v40-from-v30-142366.html.

As you prepare to retake your GMAT, consider these tips on retaking the test:

1.Try to forget your last GMAT experience as much as you can. Don't be afraid of your last performance and don't let it affect your confidence level. You know what to expect now and you are better prepared this time around.
2. If you felt scattered in your studies and used multiple sources without a proper pedagogic line to follow, find a prep plan that works for you. This will streamline your learning and boost confidence.
3. Remember to practice all parts of the exam. You can spend your time focusing on your weakness, but it helps to hone in on your strengths.
4. Be sure to take simulation and practice exams in real conditions and at roughly the same hour of day. On exam day, do exactly what brought you success when practicing.
5. Improve your time management.

Here are other tips on retaking the exam: https://gmat.economist.com/search/blog_post?keys=retake.

Best of luck!

Jessica

Yes Jessica,

You caught my nerve!! I feel scattered because by nature m an unorganized person! I have always tried to keep myself on tracks but have failed. Anyways, so what would u suggest me now, to look into the patterns of questions more and streamline my prep more or work on my weaknesses (I still have a lot of them).

Best Regards
Maggie
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT in 20 days &nbs [#permalink] 29 Sep 2014, 10:43

GMAT in 20 days

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap