Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: GMAT mock score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi anshulm,

Many Test Takers are unhappy with their initial practice scores, but you really shouldn't be. It's just a measure of your skills right now - and you'll improve over time as you learn more about the content, patterns and Tactics needed to earn that higher Score. Unfortunately, there's no way to account for how much higher you might have scored if the technical issues with your practice CAT test had not occurred.

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on your timeline and your goals:

1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) Which Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi anshulm,

Many Test Takers are unhappy with their initial practice scores, but you really shouldn't be. It's just a measure of your skills right now - and you'll improve over time as you learn more about the content, patterns and Tactics needed to earn that higher Score. Unfortunately, there's no way to account for how much higher you might have scored if the technical issues with your practice CAT test had not occurred.

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on your timeline and your goals:

1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) Which Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich
Hi Rich,
1. I'm planning to take the test in the next 6-8 months.
2. I aim to apply for 2020 batch, since I'll complete 2 yrs of full time employment in November 2019.
3. Canada - Rotman, York University and the likes (Tier-1) basically.
Singapore - NUS let me know of any other B-schools I can aim for

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anshulm,

With 6+ months of potential study time, you've given yourself plenty of time to train and improve - which is good. To determine the type of GMAT Score that you might need to properly apply to Schools that interest you, I suggest that you research the individual Programs (most Programs offer 'class profile' information, including average GMAT Score, Median Score, etc.). In addition, you might find it helpful to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16599 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, anshulm

Welcome to GMAT CLUB. Firstly, I’m sure that taking an official or mock test is good for beginners to check their level, which is necessary to strategize your own study plan. Your score 380 could seem very low right now, but you should not be disappointed since you can improve it dramatically up to 700 supposing that you put a huge effort in GMAT studying. However, even in this case, you should set your target score, since it could be a great initiative for you during a long journey.

It is really difficult to estimate what score you might have gotten without any technical errors, because GMAT’s estimating algorithm is quite complicating. For example, the points alloted to the questions are different. Also, if you skip questions due to lack of time, then you will get lower score than you just mark the guessed answer. A lot of factors are contributing to your total score.

You should spend time steadily studying both verbal and quant. Considering your score, solidifying bases is essential. When you have a strong establishment, you can raise your score rapidly. So, focus on understanding concepts at first. Do not jump into solving question with weak concepts. It could seem that you can solve even the hardest question right after learning the concepts, but you should always keep in mind that skipping easy level questions is not a good way for the beginner with your score. You’d better refer to the other members’ review and decide which prep and review courses fit you.

Please let us know if you have further questions.
You can reach us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach,
Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot