[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_study_plan.php on line 235: Undefined array key 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_study_plan.php on line 236: Undefined array key 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_study_plan.php on line 269: Undefined array key 1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_study_plan.php on line 270: Undefined array key 2
GMAT Ninja Study Plan Week 10 : Study Plan
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 17:44 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 17:44
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 64604 [1]
Given Kudos: 1824
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 64604 [0]

Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 245
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q83 V83 DI75
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 64604 [1]

Send PM
Re: GMAT Ninja Study Plan Week 10 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Manifesting710 wrote:
Help GMATNinja
My practice exam score dropped by 100 points in gmat focus 😭

Practice Exam 2 I scored 695 Q82,V86,DI 85

Practice Exam 3 I scored 595 Q80 ,V83, DI76

I feel like something’s gone wrong in my verbal approach especially with CR but I can fix that quickly

My main concern is DI, the two part analysis (both math and non math) and some DS gave me a very hard time in this exam, idk if it was just my luck that I got some tough questions or during the 2 weeks between the exam 2 and exam 3, something happened to my answer process(I also started a internship after exam 2, so maybe that?)
Kinda panicking now, I am planning to write the exam March 14
Quant I am aiming for minimum of 80 and desiring a 84
Verbal I want to keep it at 86 (but my cr thought process doesn’t work for higher difficulty questions)
DI I want a 84 atleast but idk what is going wrong as I am able to answer most of the data insights questions in the forum quiz

What can I do to fix my Verbal approach when it comes to the higher difficulty questions like 700+
And DI math related 2 part analysis, idk how to approach it, for non math related 2 part analysis I get the first answer correct but it’s the 2nd answer that ruins it

Posted from my mobile device

Oof, sorry to hear about the painful dropoff!

Whenever this sort of thing happens, the culprit is DEFINITELY your approach to questions. You're missing questions that you're capable of answering correctly -- and probably quite a few of them, especially on DI. 

Why is that happening? It could be that internship-fueled fatigue is making it harder for you to focus. The more significant culprit is probably that you're not being systematic enough about reading questions carefully (twice, please), and you're not sanity-checking your work to make sure that you have the right answer. If you're getting stubborn on some harder questions, that can make the problem worse, because you might be rushing through parts of the test to compensate for the questions that take you too long.

Exactly which factors are causing the most damage in your case? I can't know that, unfortunately. But if you haven't already, retry the questions that you missed (from scratch, without looking at the correct answer), and see how many make you go "how the (bleep) did I miss THAT?!" On an adaptive test like the GMAT -- especially with the short sections on the GMAT Focus -- it doesn't take too many of those silly errors to send your score spiraling downwards on an individual section.

I hope that helps a bit, and have fun studying! 
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Ninja Study Plan Week 10 [#permalink]