Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cool Score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Score 730 (Quantl: 49 , Verbal: 40) Overall percent [#permalink]
Congratulation!
Can you share the difficulty level of the questions in GMAT as compare to the prep material (OG/Kaplan/PR etc)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
great score. Congratulations.
Good luck with you apps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
awesome score buddy..
I just rememeber that 3 days back you were so worried about your score in Kaplans and were asking suggestions about RC..
U killed the beast...
Too good.
Am really very happy for u..
Change ur id now from MBAdownUNDER to MBAConQUERED:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thanks Guys [#permalink]
Thanks a lot for all your wishes guys. Really appreciate it. And now that I am done with it, I realise that the questions on the forum were a lot better and accurate of the GMAT level as compared with KAPLAN or Princeton.

I was doing really really well on the KAPLAN Quant. Luckily as I got closer to the exam date, I started solving question on this forum and that really helped me especially in DS. DS on the actual GMAT was hard. Loads of inequalities, exponents and modulus stuff. Especially if you do well right up front then it really throws some tough ones at you on DS. But one strategy that definitely worked for me was to not let your ego get in the way. I always kept a close watch on time. I ws cruising most of the way but when I had 14 questions left I had only 18 minutes on hand and then a really long DS problem came up. I could have struggled with it and not get the better of me but it would easily taken more than 4-5 minutes (no kidding). So I decided to make an educated guess in about a minute so that I can focus more on PS which I feel more confident about.

Verbal, really wasnt very hard. RC and CR were easy. SC was a little harder than I expected but nothing that cant be managed.

As for prep material I did Kaplan, Princeton and GMAT club (:-))
I bought the 1000 verbal question series and the Quant stuff on GMATclub.com which I thought was extremely extremly useful. Indicative of the level of toughness on the actual GMAT.

I have already written enough, but if I can help in any other way please let me know.

Once again a big thank you to everyone. Where else in the world can you get a response to a problem in about 1 minute. I plan to stay on the site for as long as I can. Might still give Quant some cracks.
GMAT Club Bot
Thanks Guys [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts