Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Buddy in NYC?? Serious Only! [#permalink]
Nitty wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Ok Summer is almost here and its time to get this GMAT thing out of the way! I am looking for a serious, motivated study buddy in NYC/Brooklyn to study with 3-5 days a week. We can work on problems together or just be a support system for each other and meet up at a location and do self study. If you are interested, please send me a note.

I have alot of material and do not mind sharing.

:) Nai

What score are you trying to get?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Nitty,

When do you plan to schedule/take the test? I would love a study partner. I live in Brooklyn and work downtown, but I'm flexible. Even if it's only 3 days a week.

My test is scheduled for June 28th. . .rescheduled from June 7th. So let me know. . .

Kim
Manager
Manager
Send PM
navy01 wrote:
Nitty,

For some reason I thought you were already enrolling at Darden so I was surprised to see your post. If you can't find anyone to study with, I'd recommend going and studying in the Stern or CBS lounge. It's great motivation and really gives you a feel for the type of students. (Of course not every day but weekends are nice to get out of a NYC apartment,)

Of course you'll need to bare the typical GMAT bs...
"Man, I was so sick when I took the GMAT and I scored a 730."
"Man, I didn't study at all and still got a 710."
"Man, I went drinking the night before and was still legally drunk but got a 760."
"Man, I took a break and when I returned to my computer half of my verbal time was up and got a 720."

I think I'll use this one when people start talking about war wounds...

"Man, I had to take my test in brail because all the computers were already taken."

I will def consider that, thanks! But no, I am applying this year, I am aiming for Kellogg. I had to finish up some prereq, and I will be finish as of next week! I am ready to jump back in.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
Nitty wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Ok Summer is almost here and its time to get this GMAT thing out of the way! I am looking for a serious, motivated study buddy in NYC/Brooklyn to study with 3-5 days a week. We can work on problems together or just be a support system for each other and meet up at a location and do self study. If you are interested, please send me a note.

I have alot of material and do not mind sharing.

:) Nai

What score are you trying to get?

I will be happy with a 630 or above. I come from the fashion industry as a brand manager, majored in design in school, so of course math is my weakness.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
humbled4real wrote:
Nitty,

When do you plan to schedule/take the test? I would love a study partner. I live in Brooklyn and work downtown, but I'm flexible. Even if it's only 3 days a week.

My test is scheduled for June 28th. . .rescheduled from June 7th. So let me know. . .

Kim

Hey Kim!

I plan to take it in 2-3 months. I have started a study group there is 6 of us now, we will meet today after work. Please feel free to meet up with us. We are all commited to at least 3 days a week. It can be self study or we can handle tough questions together. Today we are meeting just to discuss our action plan. Go to the link below for more info:

So I started a yahoo group so that communication is shared amoungst all interested.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYC_GMAT_GROUP/

This year is our year! LOL Lets get this GMAT out of the way early!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: 1nd Finance, 2nd Operations
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Hi Nitty,

I am from Jersey City, downtown. I want some serious study group.. I am preparing from quite some time now.. Good in quants... Have to improve in Verbal.. If you are willing for combines studies please let me know. I am taking gmat on May 5, 2012...
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts