Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:51 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 510 Q46 V17
WE:Web Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64944 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Going to take 2nd attempt. Having queries to be solved. [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Yuvaraj,

Business Schools generally do not care if you take the GMAT more than once - so if you score at a higher level on your second attempt, then THAT score is the one that the Schools will pay attention to. In addition, you cannot be rejected if you don't actually apply - so you really have nothing to worry about with this first score right now. Depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, by the time you send in your application(s), you'll want to have earned a higher GMAT score though.

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) When are you planning to retake the GMAT?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Thank you for the reply.

I have preparing for past 5 months. I am working full time. Whenever I had time, I prepared. I prepared using OG 16, solved all questions in it and joined Princeton review Gmat course.

Usually I scored 25 in verbal on an average in practice test.

I am going to take 2nd attempt next month 1st week because usa college's round 2 applications is going to begin.

Now I am scared to take 2nd attempt. What if i scored less again? Since price of Gmat exam is not less enough.

How to increase verbal score? I am not good at english. I studied in an average school where speaking English is not taken any special care.

I do well in sentence correction because it has some rules like quantitative. I follow those rules and made it easier.

But I couldn't do anything regarding CR and RC, since it is based solely on understanding english. Moreover I don't know meaning of many words in argument and passage.

What to do, in order to overcome this. As of now I going to start learning Huffington post article in their app, I think this will me to Read more and understand more English.

Thanks
Yuvaraj.

Sent from my KIW-L22 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Yuvaraj,

If your score goal is truly a 700+, then you're probably going to need another 2-3 months of consistent study time to get to that level. As such, retaking the GMAT in the first week of November is not a good idea. Thankfully, the Verbal section of the GMAT is consistent and predictable, so you CAN train to score at a higher level (and you do not need to know the meaning of every word in an RC/CR prompt to get the correct answer).

1) Which specific Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Yuvaraj,

If your score goal is truly a 700+, then you're probably going to need another 2-3 months of consistent study time to get to that level. As such, retaking the GMAT in the first week of November is not a good idea. Thankfully, the Verbal section of the GMAT is consistent and predictable, so you CAN train to score at a higher level (and you do not need to know the meaning of every word in an RC/CR prompt to get the correct answer).

1) Which specific Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Krannert, fisher, tippie, cranfield, kelley, w.p carey

Sent from my KIW-L22 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Yuvaraj,

Given the Schools that you plan to apply to, and your score goal, you should NOT plan to retake the GMAT next month. You have too many areas that you need to improve on and all of that study/training will take time. While that probably does not make you happy, you have to remember the REAL goals - getting into one of your first-choice Schools. Without a competitive GMAT score, none of the other factors (re: application deadlines) matter.

Based on what you've described, your prior materials were not enough to properly prepare you for the GMAT, so you need to investigate some new materials. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at out site (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot