Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Got 590 (Q35, V35) on my first mock test - help with study plan [#permalink]
Hi pushpitkc

Thank you for the links you provided! I was having a hard time navigating the forum as it contains A LOT of information/resources. These links will help me get started with my Quant Prep.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Got 590 (Q35, V35) on my first mock test - help with study plan [#permalink]
Thanks for the suggestions rohan2345

I would like to give GMAT a try without having to enroll in a course first. I do not have sufficient budget to take one in time for my August exam. But as you have suggested, I will be trying the free content found on those prep websites.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ellaineplm wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions rohan2345

I would like to give GMAT a try without having to enroll in a course first. I do not have sufficient budget to take one in time for my August exam. But as you have suggested, I will be trying the free content found on those prep websites.

Hi ellaineplm,

I understand. Just drop a request on this link and you will get an access to their course for free.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/free-access- ... s#p2060661

Hope this helps. All the best!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1603 [0]
Given Kudos: 1002
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.01
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
ellaineplm wrote:
I finally took my first mock test on MGMAT after lurking in reddit/gmatclub forums for about a week. I am not happy with my score at all but I am willing to make up for it in the coming months.

So the assessment report is really a great help in identifying which areas I need to work on, but I feel so overwhelmed with all the Quant topics I need to cover. How should I go about making a study plan for this? Do I need to tackle it based on the question type, topic, etc? I'm pretty sure I need to brush up on my foundation first but I would like to plan for the structure ahead of time. Another problem for me is that I am very impatient with Math that I give up easily without even finishing the question. Would it be a good idea to mix Quant with a little Verbal per day? Or just tackle Quant for one whole month (in the hopes of getting rid of this impatience), and once I get the hang of it, only then I move on to Verbal?

I also have no idea how to improve my Verbal score other than to power through practice questions, read the strategy guides, and get some additional reading done.

I plan to take the exam in the 2nd week of August with a target score of ~700. I currently have the latest OG, and the MGMAT strategy guides. Planning to use those + GMATClub resources + error log. In addition, I do have a full-time job so I can only get 2-3 hours of studying on weekdays, and 5 hours on weekends. So about 20-25 hours per week.

My question is - is this score even achievable given the time frame and the resources I currently have? I do not have the budget for taking a course/registering for online classes, which seems like the effective way to reach that score, at least according to the posts I have read so far.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! :-)

Follow these links:

How GMAT club works : https://gmatclub.com/forum/topic257054.html#p1993468

Quant directory : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-qu ... 7/?fl=menu

Verbal directory : https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-gmat- ... 1/?fl=menu

Timing strategy : https://gmatclub.com/forum/timing-strat ... ml?fl=menu

Study Plan : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-self-pr ... tml?f=menu

Hope this helps.

QZ
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32919 [0]
Given Kudos: 5778
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
ellaineplm wrote:
I finally took my first mock test on MGMAT after lurking in reddit/gmatclub forums for about a week. I am not happy with my score at all but I am willing to make up for it in the coming months.

So the assessment report is really a great help in identifying which areas I need to work on, but I feel so overwhelmed with all the Quant topics I need to cover. How should I go about making a study plan for this? Do I need to tackle it based on the question type, topic, etc? I'm pretty sure I need to brush up on my foundation first but I would like to plan for the structure ahead of time. Another problem for me is that I am very impatient with Math that I give up easily without even finishing the question. Would it be a good idea to mix Quant with a little Verbal per day? Or just tackle Quant for one whole month (in the hopes of getting rid of this impatience), and once I get the hang of it, only then I move on to Verbal?

I also have no idea how to improve my Verbal score other than to power through practice questions, read the strategy guides, and get some additional reading done.

I plan to take the exam in the 2nd week of August with a target score of ~700. I currently have the latest OG, and the MGMAT strategy guides. Planning to use those + GMATClub resources + error log. In addition, I do have a full-time job so I can only get 2-3 hours of studying on weekdays, and 5 hours on weekends. So about 20-25 hours per week.

My question is - is this score even achievable given the time frame and the resources I currently have? I do not have the budget for taking a course/registering for online classes, which seems like the effective way to reach that score, at least according to the posts I have read so far.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! :-)

Hi

Yes! your target score is possible till august with sound prep Strategies. During you Practicing question don't forget to make an error log to track your weak areas after practice. Once you know your weak areas revise your Concepts related to those areas and do some more Practice. 6-8 CATs are enough for practice the real tests. Make your Stamina for sitting 3 hours in the test and don't study more than 2 hours in one sit and 4 hours per day

Top CATs for Practice

1. Official GMAC CATs
2. Manhattan CATs
3. Kaplan CATs
4. GMAT Club Quant CATs

Good Luck!
GMAT Club Bot