Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT Date: 12-05-2013
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64931 [1]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64931 [1]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Guys help me make a study plan. [#permalink]
Just finished veritas free mock 1...

560 Q40 V27

Quant 22/37 correct and verbal 23/41 correct.

No matter how hard i try i just can cross Q40, just once i scored Q43, last 5 Quant scores are Kaplan Q40,43,40, Manhattan Q40 and veritas Q40.

DS 11/15 correct
PS 11/22 correct

In quant i got 2 incorrect of first 10.

Verbal

CR 11/14 Correct
RC 5/13 correct
SC 7/14 correct

In verbal i got 5 incorrect of first 10, is this the reason i coudnt cross V30??Because with same no. of correct questions with almost similar position of the questions my friend got 630 in mgmat,which is known to give less scores these days.. :shock: :shock:

How do i achieve my target of 620 with a realistic split(Q45 V32)??? Please help experts. Gmat in 18 days :( :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I got a strange gmat prep1 score today on the new version...
Few of my last mock scores,old to new

Gmat prep 1 350 Q27 V12 (1 july)
800 score 460 Q33 V23 (29 sep)
Kaplan 1 490 Q40 V16(15 oct)
Kaplan2 520 Q43 V17(2 nov)
Mgmat 1 520 Q40 V23(14 nov)
Veritas 1 560 Q40 V27(16 nov)
Gmat prep 350 Q27 V12 (18 nov)

This is so strange my target is 600, hows this even possible? :( :(

I tried Gmat prep older version in the month of july 2013 and got the same score that i got today 350 Q27 and V12, can this be a software bug since i have both the software loaded in laptop,else how can i get same score and same split??I scored much better on kaplan,mgmat and veritas which are also considered accurate.

Please help experts, i have my gmat in 2 weeks and my target is 600, i was happy after veritas mock that iam closer to my target score, but certainly feeling so depressed :( :( :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
PlanetEarth wrote:
Just finished veritas free mock 1...

DS 11/15 correct
PS 11/22 correct

This is certainly odd. Your accuracy in DS is much better than that in PS. People usually find PS much easier and faster. Are you making too many careless mistakes in PS and paying attention during DS only? You can forget about P and C since it won't affect your overall score much but you must review Geometry properly. You could get up to 7-8 questions from Geometry.

Also, I think you are aiming to take too many tests in very little time. A mock every alternate day will be too tiring. Also, analyzing and learning from your mistakes takes at least 2-3 days. Plus, you might want to review a topic after faring not-so-well in it in your mock. Rather than building stamina, so many tests could actually be counter productive.

I think you can easily increase your RC accuracy since it is very low right now. Inference questions are harder but universal and specific detail questions are not hard. All you need to do is spend some time and pay attention. Also, review the common error types in SC thoroughly and learn to identify the meaning errors. They are very important in the current GMAT.

Thanks Karishma,

I was really waiting for your reply, thanks again.Since the very beginning i doing fairly decent in DS than PS i dont know why but in every topic except number properties where both ps and ds are good, i am better in DS...

I think in in PS i dont have the vision to formulate a equation or set up a problem in my mind then to process that eventually.

Karishma today i got a score of 350 Q27 and V12 on gmat prep 1, what do you think my next move should be? i have consistently score Q40 on all major test prep companies including veritas,mgmat and kaplan but its difficult to for what happened today....

Since i think this can be a software bug(just to please myself, i am gonna delete both the versions of gmat prep software and download again.

Any thoughts? Finally is it feasible to jump from 560 to 600 in 2 weeks??

Thanks again for taking your time out and helping me always... :)

Update

Just wanted to say thanks again to you, i was really depressed yesterday. I took gmat prep1 again today. my score is...

610 Q45 V29

Cant tell you am feeling so happy, i have scored my personal best on all sections and overall score too...The earlier gmat prep definitely had some bug
(Deleted all the versions and downloaded newer one).

In quant i did not see even a single repeat, i verbal i saw 4 repeats.. :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
PlanetEarth wrote:

Thanks Karishma,

I was really waiting for your reply, thanks again.Since the very beginning i doing fairly decent in DS than PS i dont know why but in every topic except number properties where both ps and ds are good, i am better in DS...

I think in in PS i dont have the vision to formulate a equation or set up a problem in my mind then to process that eventually.

Karishma today i got a score of 350 Q27 and V12 on gmat prep 1, what do you think my next move should be? i have consistently score Q40 on all major test prep companies including veritas,mgmat and kaplan but its difficult to for what happened today....

Since i think this can be a software bug(just to please myself, i am gonna delete both the versions of gmat prep software and download again.

Any thoughts? Finally is it feasible to jump from 560 to 600 in 2 weeks??

Thanks again for taking your time out and helping me always... :)

Update

Just wanted to say thanks again to you, i was really depressed yesterday. I took gmat prep1 again today. my score is...

610 Q45 V29

Cant tell you am feeling so happy, i have scored my personal best on all sections and overall score too...The earlier gmat prep definitely had some bug
(Deleted all the versions and downloaded newer one).

In quant i did not see even a single repeat, i verbal i saw 4 repeats.. :-D :-D

Great! I was really surprised - a 200 point difference in official GMAT practice test doesn't happen. Glad it was some technical error and you have it sorted out.
Also, Brian put up a suggestion (on another post) for people who are better at DS than PS. See if this helps you too.

Go through 10 PS questions and don't even look at the question stems...just look at the answer choices and jot down a few notes if you notice anything about them. Try this first with problems you've already done since you may not have exhausted the answer choices - my theory in a case like yours (much better at DS than PS) is that at least a couple times per test you're missing some important clues in the answer choices that would help you save time or leverage those assets (for example, does it look like a number property would help; could you get away with an estimate; are there the kinds of clues like root3 or root 2 that suggest you have to find a certain kind of triangle or shape, etc.). Try this out and see if it helps...it often depends on the student or the problem set but I've had this work to show people that there's often more to the problem than the problem itself, so it at least gets them thinking of all their resources.

Thanks Karishma,good suggestion.

Out of 6 veritas quant book, 3 books are pending in the home work section( Data sufficiency, stats and combi and word problem). Was to lazy to do them after covering the skill builder and theory part.

DS- I tried the challenge questions at the last of the book 11/15, so did not attempt the earlier questions.
Stats and combi- I think i will let this go(Home work part)
Word problem- I really want to finish this, since brian also suggested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What goal do you have in mind?
GMAT Club Bot