Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Eug24 wrote:
Congrats to all the R3 admits. I'm a R2 admit and looking forward to meeting everyone. Any outside the bay area R3 admits out there?

I am from outside bay area. Seattle Actually. Where are you from?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
tlbkcal wrote:
Congrats desiaggie! Btw does anyone know when orientation weekend is?

Posted from my mobile device

June 13 is reception, no idea about orientation--the call was not very clear as my office doesnt have very good reception and I was 2 inches above ground :lol: , Thanks to this amazingly supportive group! Best luck to all waiting! Dreams do come true!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
I also got the call at ~4:30pm. It was Courtney in my case. Best of luck to all waiting!! I believe they will continue to call tomorrow, and may be even day after.

Thank you all for your support. My profile is below:

- Round 3 applicant
- PhD, Computer Science and Engineering from US school
- 6.5 yrs work experience in top semiconductor firm
- GMAT 730 v44 q47
- Changed last year from research and development to program management role in a business group
- Two good recos (both PhDs from Berkeley, one was my direct supervisor for 4 yrs, and the other for my direct supervisor for 6 months)
- Out of town candidate, weekend cohort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
From SD. Good to see other long distance commuters out there. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi, below is my profile:
Round 3r applicant,§S
Bachelors from india (civil engg), masters from US
1 year work exp in india and 6.5 in US
Last 3 years as p roject manager
First class in engg,Got 720 in GMAT, worked really hard on essays!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I have been following this thread a bit but first time poster. I received my acceptance call today.

Here are my stats:
R2 WL
640 GMAT
3.4 GPA - Top undergrad business school
2 years I-Banking experience from mid-market firm
3 year strategic sales in fortune 50 company
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all! Like a few others I have been watching the posts for a while, but am a first time poster. You all helped to motivate throughout the process - many thanks. I received my call from Courtney today. I look forward to meeting those of you who will join me in the Class of 2015! Best of luck to those who will get their calls tomorrow and Friday:)
Cheers!

Originally posted by ames1028 on 30 May 2012, 19:10.
Last edited by ames1028 on 31 May 2012, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Looks like all R3 and some WL admissions today. Hopefully the R4s start rolling in tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey all! I've been lurking on this forum for a while as well. I'm in too! Got my call at 12:02pm.

Can't wait to meet everyone at the reception in mid-June. 8-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
ALL THE BEST TO ALL THOSE WAITING!!!
GOOD LUCK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Will they be calling anyone today? Or all calls have been made? What do you guys think?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Akshat48,

I just called Julia at Haas and she said they will be making the calls today and tomorrow. Rejection emails will be sent out late tomorrow morning.

Good luck to you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey Guys!! I got a call from the much awaited 510 number late last evening and I'm in as well!! super stoked. It's been a long 6 month ride since submitting R1 application and am glad to get the result I desired. Sorry for the delay in posting as i was several feet above the ground last evening :)

My profile:
GMAT : 730
Masters in Engg from Big Ten school
6 years of work-ex in a high tech company
Somewhat decent extra curricular activities
worked hard on my essays (who doesn't)!

I was wait listed in R1 and R2. The R1 result didn't surprise me when I learnt about how majority of candidates with similar background (asian working in high tech) were also wait listed. However, when I was waitlisted in R2 I was very disappointed. I felt that my chances of getting through the final round were slim. however, I didnt give up at any time. Between R1 & R2 decisions, I provided adcom with an additional essay and recommendation letter. After R2 waitlist, I submitted yet another recommendation and an essay (thought at this point I found it hard to add any useful *new* info that adcom didn't already hear through my essays, updates and recos). I also got a recommendation from a current EWMBA student. I flew into the bay area to complete my prereqs last month.

For anyone waitlisted at Haas, I urge you all to keep pursuing and believe in yourself. Show the adcom that you deserve to be admitted and show keen interest in attending the program if offered an admit. Grateful to this forum and all the support!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:
Hey Guys!! I got a call from the much awaited 510 number late last evening and I'm in as well!! super stoked. It's been a long 6 month ride since submitting R1 application and am glad to get the result I desired. Sorry for the delay in posting as i was several feet above the ground last evening :)

My profile:

I was wait listed in R1 and R2. The R1 result didn't surprise me when I learnt about how majority of candidates with similar background (asian working in high tech) were also wait listed. However, when I was waitlisted in R2 I was very disappointed. I felt that my chances of getting through the final round were slim. however, I didnt give up at any time. Between R1 & R2 decisions, I provided adcom with an additional essay and recommendation letter. After R2 waitlist, I submitted yet another recommendation and an essay (thought at this point I found it hard to add any useful *new* info that adcom didn't already hear through my essays, updates and recos). I also got a recommendation from a current EWMBA student. I flew into the bay area to complete my prereqs last month.

For anyone waitlisted at Haas, I urge you all to keep pursuing and believe in yourself. Show the adcom that you deserve to be admitted and show keen interest in attending the program if offered an admit. Grateful to this forum and all the support!

Congrats bschoolapp , fantastic news. Happy for you- i know you were waitlisted along with me since R1 and it has been frustrating. It continues for me. Atleast 2 R1 WLers have made it in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:

My profile:

Congrats bschoolapp , fantastic news. Happy for you- i know you were waitlisted along with me since R1 and it has been frustrating. It continues for me. Atleast 2 R1 WLers have made it in.

Thanks mbafall2011. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you receive good news as well. I know that the adcom will be calling throughout the day so keep the faith.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As I was expecting.. No calls today .. Adcom worked up late to make all the calls . Now I think we just have to wait for emails :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bschoolapp8 wrote:

My profile:

Congratulations!! I know its been a long journey but your determination is amazing! See you soon :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts