Last visit was: 23 Jun 2024, 00:18 It is currently 23 Jun 2024, 00:18
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  44   
User avatar
BSchool Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 271
Own Kudos [?]: 522 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37687
Own Kudos [?]: 73752 [0]
Given Kudos: 19122
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
User avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 66
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: FINANce!!!!!..:))))))))
Schools:Wharton..:)
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.5 +
Send PM
User avatar
BSchool Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 271
Own Kudos [?]: 522 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Thank you. Let me research how many people currently use the bookmark feature.
One thought is that alternatively, you could bookmark it on your browser...


BB,

Any news on that? I've been doing it already in my home computer. I use the bookmark topic from the website since I also browse some posts in the other computer at work, and when I'm traveling, on my mobile. I got tired of synchronizing, that's why I think it's better the bookmark function, otherwise it's ok, it's not that urgent to read that post and can usually wait to be back at home to find it.

I have another suggestion, this time maybe more practical:

what do you think about adding a drop down list to choose the tag? I'm now studying quant, and after reading a section, I want to practice some exercises from the forum, to see how other members solve them. So I go to the menu Forum-Quant questions- and then choose either PS or DS. If I wanted to practice only problems about ratios, I have to scroll down looking at the posts, carefully looking at the tags (links), and when I find a problem with the ratio tag, I click on the tag, so I can see more of these questions. This is a little time consuming.

There is already the function Sort by, would it be possible to add another of these lists with the tag? So let's say, today I practice only ratios, but tomorrow I'll practice percentages, and after tomorrow I try algebra questions. And it will be easier to filter from something like the Sort by options than scrolling down to find the tag that I need from the posts (I remember going through the third page to find the tag I needed).

What do you think? Is it possible to do that? I guess that for the verbal questions something like that would also be beneficial. I know I would use it often if there was such an option. Well, just an idea to make this website even better.
User avatar
Current Student
Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Posts: 312
Own Kudos [?]: 305 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Location: India
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hey bb

I have started this new thread where I am adding the Essay topics for the Fall 2011 admissions.
here is the link:

bible-all-school-essay-topics-for-fall-101549.html#p786986

Can you consider making it a sticky or something so that it can be useful to maximum number of people coz it can be a real pain to find the Essay topics on some of the University websites.

Thanks
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 110
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
2
Kudos
To Whom It May Concern:

Received the email saying I haven't logged in for a while. I do plan to continue to use the site, but I have about a year to take the test and will probably not begin studying hard until I return from Afghanistan.

As it pertains to the site and potential improvements, I found it very frustrating when people did not post the OA and OE for questions. I mostly use the site as a question bank and to have people post questions and then say "Discuss first, then OA" is rather off putting. While it's admirable that people want to have a discussion, it is a fact that some people just want to work problems.

Recommendation: a question can't be posted to the site unless it is accompanied by the OA, the OE, and the source (OG, MGMAT, Peterson's, etc.). This allows people to just answer questions and move on or, alternatively, answer questions and then ask for further OEs in other people words. Everybody wins. Additionally, people can see the quality of the questions they will encounter should they elect to purchase additional study resources. As someone that has previously taken the GMAT, I can say that there's a wide variety of study material out there and stuff like Peterson's is in no way representative of what people will actually encounter on the test. By posting the source of the question people know before they buy what kind of questions they will encounter.
avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience, all the suggestion unique and should adopt in the life.
----------------------------------------------
User avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 116
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Location: India
Schools:Terry, Georgia Tech
 Q50  V40
GPA: 7.87
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
for-applicants-with-very-less-professional-experience-105073.html


I would like you to think about making this thread sticky as this is an important topic which has not been suitbly addressed in this website. Young MBAs and MBA aspirants are on the rise, and I would like this forum to be a level playing field for them too. Please do not think I am telling you this as I have started this thread. I have started it only because I thought it was not adequaltely addressed in the forums.
User avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Posts: 147
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.59
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Ditto on this recommendation. It's annoying to see untagged questions without a source.

Gryphon wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:

Received the email saying I haven't logged in for a while. I do plan to continue to use the site, but I have about a year to take the test and will probably not begin studying hard until I return from Afghanistan.

As it pertains to the site and potential improvements, I found it very frustrating when people did not post the OA and OE for questions. I mostly use the site as a question bank and to have people post questions and then say "Discuss first, then OA" is rather off putting. While it's admirable that people want to have a discussion, it is a fact that some people just want to work problems.

Recommendation: a question can't be posted to the site unless it is accompanied by the OA, the OE, and the source (OG, MGMAT, Peterson's, etc.). This allows people to just answer questions and move on or, alternatively, answer questions and then ask for further OEs in other people words. Everybody wins. Additionally, people can see the quality of the questions they will encounter should they elect to purchase additional study resources. As someone that has previously taken the GMAT, I can say that there's a wide variety of study material out there and stuff like Peterson's is in no way representative of what people will actually encounter on the test. By posting the source of the question people know before they buy what kind of questions they will encounter.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37687
Own Kudos [?]: 73752 [0]
Given Kudos: 19122
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you - acknowledged and we'll work on getting Source Tags to be mandatory.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37687
Own Kudos [?]: 73752 [0]
Given Kudos: 19122
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Just to provide an update - we have started working on updating the tagging features and will have a requirement to tag the source prior to posting questions. I will let you know when we will be close to releasing (after some testing and tweaking).

Thank you very much for the suggestions.
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 5
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hi BB,
I wanted to congratulate you for creating "Practice GMAT Questions" section. Its really really helpful for practicing lots of problem from lots of different sources. I do have a suggestions.

We must have certain pointer to identify if the post was replied by some expert. That will be really helpful for those, who still trying to build there base in certain area and looking for experts advise after try posted problem. For example : If I want to practice S-V agreement problem where experts were already given there valuable advise, Then I should be able to select those problems rather than searching. This will help me to verify, if my way of approaching that problem was similar to experts or not, or is there some other way i could have approached that problem.

I hope This would help lot many other people like me who trying to build the basics.

Thanks

Abhishek
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37687
Own Kudos [?]: 73752 [0]
Given Kudos: 19122
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
We now have source tagging implemented in the PS and DS forums - we'll test it for 24 hrs and if no bugs are found, will apply to the Verbal Forums as well.
avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 110
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Location: United States
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Is it possible to require that the Question of the Day have the actual OA?

For instance, today's Verbal question is apparently either A or B, but we don't know because nobody ever deigned to post the actual answer. It's somewhat frustrating to spend time working through something only to be left hanging.
avatar
CIO
CIO
Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 880
Own Kudos [?]: 1358 [0]
Given Kudos: 334
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
GMAT Question of the Day always links to a thread which has the OA in the spoiler of the first post. In Q of the Day for Jan 25 the OA can be found in the spoiler area as well and it is B.
Gryphon wrote:
Is it possible to require that the Question of the Day have the actual OA?

For instance, today's Verbal question is apparently either A or B, but we don't know because nobody ever deigned to post the actual answer. It's somewhat frustrating to spend time working through something only to be left hanging.
User avatar
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 288
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hi bb,
Hope you're doing well. I have a suggestion for "Share your GMAT Experience" community. Lately, that forum has started looking very cluttered with a number of people starting their GMAT Journey threads or starting threads for suggestions.It'd be better if all these journey threads can be moved to some other forum possibly "GMAT" forum so that the "GMAT Experience" forum is utilized for what it meant for and it also looks user friendly,clean and uncluttered -like the way it was before.
User avatar
Director
Director
Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Status:-=Given to Fly=-
Posts: 756
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Location: India
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
shovitdhar wrote:
Hi bb,
Hope you're doing well. I have a suggestion for "Share your GMAT Experience" community. Lately, that forum has started looking very cluttered with a number of people starting their GMAT Journey threads or starting threads for suggestions.It'd be better if all these journey threads can be moved to some other forum possibly "GMAT" forum so that the "GMAT Experience" forum is utilized for what it meant for and it also looks user friendly,clean and uncluttered -like the way it was before.


I've already raised this point before :)

The number of GMAT Journey thread is on the increase. However, it might be a seasonal trend. So we can't be sure whether an exclusive GMAT Journey forum would receive patronage during off-season time!
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37687
Own Kudos [?]: 73752 [0]
Given Kudos: 19122
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you both of you!
Yes, it is a new trend and I would like to keep an eye on it. Perhaps we can create a new forum (or a subforum).
We have tried many subforums and most of the time they never get the attention. If you want, can put a poll out in the Share Your GMAT Experience Forum.
User avatar
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 288
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Thank you both of you!
Yes, it is a new trend and I would like to keep an eye on it. Perhaps we can create a new forum (or a subforum).
We have tried many subforums and most of the time they never get the attention. If you want, can put a poll out in the Share Your GMAT Experience Forum.


Yeah,we can probably start a sub-forum or a new forum 'My GMAT Log" for people who want to maintain the log of their journeys.Let's do a poll on "Share Your GMAT Experience" forum and I'm sure that we may get some new ideas.
User avatar
Manager
Manager
Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 232
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
1
Kudos
hey bb - not sure if someone's suggested this already but would you want to activate the gc forums on "tapatalk". It's essentially a new app for mobile devices that will seamlessly integrate into all sorts of forums. Check it out at https://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  44