Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:47 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74327 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Build your own dreams,Otherwise some one else will hire you to build there's.
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q45 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.56
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
mahakmalik wrote:
If possible can a timer be arranged for RC questions as well......As evaluation of time for RC is very imp.

Couldn't agree more on this feature. The most valuable part of this is that we will have our RC practice stored in our workbooks and get it as a part of the daily practice questions. Helps quite a bit on the motivation part.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.56
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Can we have the login session stay for a bit longer? In fact, it could be made such that it never expires. It is a bit of a hassle to type in the login and password every time you come back to the forum. At times it happens that I don't realize that I am not logged in, but start solving problems, only to realize that none of them went to my workbook.

Something like Facebook would be ideal. Never log people out of their machines, unless explicitly asked so, by them. Given the nature of the forum, I don't see any security related concern there.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74327 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rajarams wrote:
Can we have the login session stay for a bit longer? In fact, it could be made such that it never expires. It is a bit of a hassle to type in the login and password every time you come back to the forum. At times it happens that I don't realize that I am not logged in, but start solving problems, only to realize that none of them went to my workbook.

Something like Facebook would be ideal. Never log people out of their machines, unless explicitly asked so, by them. Given the nature of the forum, I don't see any security related concern there.

Thank you. The system is supposed to keep you logged in for a long time. However, for some reason that does not happen... we will look into it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 375
GMAT Date: 12-03-2014
Send PM
Is it plausible to generate A quiz out of the book marked question from the workbook? I know I can manually click on each book marked question but it would be awesome if I could generate a quiz out of it...

Cheers
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
bhatiavai wrote:
Is it plausible to generate A quiz out of the book marked question from the workbook? I know I can manually click on each book marked question but it would be awesome if I could generate a quiz out of it...

Cheers

Thank you for the suggestion... no, it is not possible to generate a quiz on the forum in any shape or form.
You can do that in the tests however though I realize that's not your question :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 288 [1]
Given Kudos: 137
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V31
Send PM
Kudos
Hi

I have the following suggestions
1. Use an open source client editor for the notes section in the tests. I understand that this cannot be achieved throughout the blog because of a gazillion existing posts and comments, but can definitely be implemented for notes. Doing this now will not only make the notes more readable, quick to skim through but also prevent website issues later in time.
2. Create tabs for Verbal and Quant, such that they represent a pie chart showing accuracy in 2 modes -
a) Type + Level. Eg. Sentence Correction + Level 700 accuracy OR RC + Level 600 accuracy
b) Sub-types. Eg. CR Bold Face accuracy, SC Subject Verb Agreement Accuracy etc.

Later, more advanced customization can be scaled up on this model, for eg. Editable dashboard, allowing users to keep only selected statistics on the page, or pick questions from a specific category etc.

Hope this suggestion adds value!

+Kudos, if this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Please do not send so many junk emails.
I just delete 3 emails and then u sent another one (Right away).
They are all exactly the same. Please stop harassing me.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6339 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
vanillaegao wrote:
Please do not send so many junk emails.
I just delete 3 emails and then u sent another one (Right away).
They are all exactly the same. Please stop harassing me.

Hi vanillaegao : The emails which you receive comes from "your" subscription to forum. If you want to minimize emails coming to ur inbox. You need to manage your subscriptions.

Please refer the below screenshot. If you see "following" in any main forum and any sub forum, it means you are subscribed to those forums. Please click again to unsubscribe, if you want.

I hope it helps!!!
Attachments

File comment: Subscription
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 12.86 KiB | Viewed 1850 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [1]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
I have 2 suggestions I'd really enjoy to see added to the site:

1. I would love to see date of thread creation instead of simply date of last post. I have significantly less interest in a thread about someone's experiences in 2008 that's been bumped given the change of gmat landscape than I would a more recent experience. It's not a huge inconvenience to go into the thread to see when the debrief or posting was made but it would be a nice addition to have that included in preview as it is with date of last post.

2. In the "Patterns among those who scored...." thread there is a sub category in the the original post for verbal strategies, I believe it would be of tremendous benefit to also have a Quant one. I know most people here are already Quant strong in need of verbal help bit I also know there is a section of us who are the other end and would value the Quant strategies.

Thanks,
Cameron

Originally posted by redfield on 16 Dec 2015, 11:05.
Last edited by redfield on 16 Dec 2015, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
redfield wrote:
I have 2 suggestions I'd really enjoy to see added to the site:

1. I would love to see date of thread creation instead of simply date of last post. I have significantly less interest in a thread about someone's experiences in 2008 that's been bumped given the change of gmat landscape than I would a more recent experience. It's not a huge inconvenience to go into the thread to see when the debrief or posting was made but it would be a nice addition to have that included in preview as it is with date of last post.

2. In the Best Gmat Debriefs thread there is a sub category in the the original post for verbal strategies, I believe it would be of tremendous benefit to also have a Quant one. I know most people here are already Quant strong in need of verbal help bit I also know there is a section of us who are the other end and would value the Quant strategies.

Thanks,
Cameron

Thank you for the suggestions. The date of the last post is a very standard forum feature/functionality and that's usually the most important part of a post for those who are looking to understand the last time for participation. To address your concern, what do you feel is different and changed since 2008 on the GMAT? IR? Ability to cancel scores? I don't think those 2 pieces are really a big part of the puzzle. However, if you do want to see only the topics started in the last year, you can do that via search. Here is a link for the Search of all topics created in the last 1 year. I am also attaching a screenshot how you can set it up yourself in the Search area. Choose the sub-forum, time frame, and the tag or multiple tags you want to display/find (you can select all, just make sure you set the tag radio button to any).

#2 It does not seem that we have had a Verbal Strategies Tag. We did have a "Strategies" one.
I have added the Verbal Strategies and Quant Strategies Tags and renamed the "Strategies" into "General Strategies" hope it is not too daunting to figure out what strategies are being provided...
Attachments

2015-12-16_1031.png
2015-12-16_1031.png [ 128.29 KiB | Viewed 1820 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [1]
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions. The date of the last post is a very standard forum feature/functionality and that's usually the most important part of a post for those who are looking to understand the last time for participation. To address your concern, what do you feel is different and changed since 2008 on the GMAT? IR? Ability to cancel scores? I don't think those 2 pieces are really a big part of the puzzle. However, if you do want to see only the topics started in the last year, you can do that via search. Here is a link for the Search of all topics created in the last 1 year. I am also attaching a screenshot how you can set it up yourself in the Search area. Choose the sub-forum, time frame, and the tag or multiple tags you want to display/find (you can select all, just make sure you set the tag radio button to any).

#2 It does not seem that we have had a Verbal Strategies Tag. We did have a "Strategies" one.
I have added the Verbal Strategies and Quant Strategies Tags and renamed the "Strategies" into "General Strategies" hope it is not too daunting to figure out what strategies are being provided...

I appreciate the info I will use that feature going forward; just to clarify on two parts I'm aware that's a typical forum move to have date of last post I just thought it would be nice to also have date of thread creation visible as well if it was an easy addition. I'm also aware the GMAT hasn't changed all that much but the prep materials are fairly updated as well for example someone giving a review on GMAT Pill's quant section from several years ago is no longer that relevant because they've massively overhauled their math prep since then. I'd like to be clear I'm not discounting the benefit of these threads I would just like the ability to see which debriefs are more recent without having to click through each individual one.

As far as two I apologize I had the wrong thread, it is in fact the "Patterns among those who scored...." in which it says verbal strategies. I've attached a screenshot and updated my initial post.

I love the site and think you all do great work I just figured I'd mention things that I felt would be nice little additions to see but not necessarily game changers.
Attachments

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.42.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 12.42.37 PM.png [ 112.95 KiB | Viewed 1938 times ]

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74327 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you - that makes sense. I am probably a bit protective of some features that are not widely requested (if you can sense some reluctance) due to frequent mentions i hear about the forum being overloaded with information (we have tried to give everything to everyone and may have gone too far). In any case, I see your point.

Thank you for the other link - a lot of work went into that post and collecting that information across the posts. My guess is that we are due for another refresher post on the strategies and what has worked for the top scorers. Will try to do in the coming month for 2015 recap.

Best Regards
BB
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Send PM
Test suggestion; this might be unnecessary as it just takes a quick google search but a nice feature for the tests where there is "explanation" perhaps add a link to the question discussion on the forum as I believe most if not all of these questions are discussed at some point.

This comes up from not quite understanding an explanation every now and then and having to search the forum for the thread where someone has likely discussed it further, if I could just click a link posted below the official explanation it would be a nice feature. As with the other ones I understand it might be one of those things that the effort is not worth the addition or maybe the testing software doesn't allow hyperlink or some such. But as previously I figured I'd go ahead throw it out there just in case.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
redfield wrote:
Test suggestion; this might be unnecessary as it just takes a quick google search but a nice feature for the tests where there is "explanation" perhaps add a link to the question discussion on the forum as I believe most if not all of these questions are discussed at some point.

This comes up from not quite understanding an explanation every now and then and having to search the forum for the thread where someone has likely discussed it further, if I could just click a link posted below the official explanation it would be a nice feature. As with the other ones I understand it might be one of those things that the effort is not worth the addition or maybe the testing software doesn't allow hyperlink or some such. But as previously I figured I'd go ahead throw it out there just in case.

Hello and thank you for your suggestion.
I am assuming you are referring to the GMAT Club Tests? If so, there is a link to a discussion in every question. It is a bit hidden and you have to click "Show Explanation" See the screenshot below. If this is not what you were referring to, can you please elaborate a bit more?

Thank you!
Attachments

2015-12-23_2334.png
2015-12-23_2334.png [ 200.59 KiB | Viewed 1775 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4603 [0]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
I have a suggestion bb.

Can we have a way to sort the comments based on the number of kudos?

Eg: An option to click on 'Comments with most kudos first'. Clicking this option should sort the comments based on the kudos.

This feature is particularly useful to view the best solutions to the questions posted in the forum. If the discussion is a long thread, this feature saves a lot of time from browsing through many comments or pages.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 9000 [1]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Vyshak wrote:
I have a suggestion bb.

Can we have a way to sort the comments based on the number of kudos?

Eg: An option to click on 'Comments with most kudos first'. Clicking this option should sort the comments based on the kudos.

This feature is particularly useful to view the best solutions to the questions posted in the forum. If the discussion is a long thread, this feature saves a lot of time from browsing through many comments or pages.

Hi Vyshak ,
The feature that you are talking about is already present .
You can click on Sort by kudos tab . The default option selected is Sort by date .
Attachments

GC-Sort_by_kudos.PNG
GC-Sort_by_kudos.PNG [ 123.94 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4603 [0]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
Thanks Skywalker18 :). I was not aware of it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20  ...  44