Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1111 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
LalaB wrote:
Can you please add an option ,which will allow a user, using a search engine (search.php), select questions unanswered / answered incorrectly/answered in >2mins by him?

Do you mean your own or someone else's posts?
Current Student
Send PM
bb wrote:
LalaB wrote:
Can you please add an option ,which will allow a user, using a search engine (search.php), select questions unanswered / answered incorrectly/answered in >2mins by him?

Do you mean your own or someone else's posts?

Mine
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
You can do it by going to your workbook: ucp.php?i=320?fl=workbook

Then selecting the forum you want. You can also choose to show only incorrectly answered questions.
To get the timing, you can use the sort column feature.

See this video for details: https://screencast.com/t/U9OovqCck
Current Student
Send PM
bb wrote:
You can do it by going to your workbook: ucp.php?i=320?fl=workbook

Then selecting the forum you want. You can also choose to show only incorrectly answered questions.
To get the timing, you can use the sort column feature.

See this video for details: https://screencast.com/t/U9OovqCck

hm, I think we didnt understand each other
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 194 [1]
Given Kudos: 42
Sahil: Bansal
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Moderators,

Please if possible add the countdown timer to the RC questions as well. It will help us keep track of the time we take while practicing an RC on the website.

In this case there will be a timer only and no answer options to mark contrary to other sections (PS, SC, DS, CR) where we have answers side by side to the timer.

Many Thanks,
Sahil Bansal
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 530 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

I am not sure whether this option is already available or not.
I am using GC from past 1 year and always thought that if we had the option of ADVANCED SEARCH then we would have got the specific questions which we want to analyze, study or solve etc..

For example,
If I want to study only Geometry AND 700 level AND GMATPrep source questions then it is difficult for me to identify it from the tags. After clicking on source tags, I will again need to check the level of question.

So my suggestion is, can we have a Advanced Search option which will take multiple options in to consideration for better search.
I always found GC MOSTuser friendly than other websites, and it would be my pleasure to give inputs.

I am attaching one simple image to give just general idea about my thoughts.
Let me know if I sound confusing. This option is not at all available in other websites so it is better to be ahead :-D :lol:

Thanks,
Chetan
Attachments

Advanced Search option.jpg
Advanced Search option.jpg [ 31.13 KiB | Viewed 4301 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V25
Send PM
Kudos
chetan86 wrote:
Hello,

I am using GC from past 1 year and always thought that if we had the option of ADVANCED SEARCH then we would have got the specific questions which we want to analyze, study or solve etc..

For example,
If I want to study only Geometry AND 700 level AND GMATPrep source questions then it is difficult for me to identify it from the tags. After clicking on source tags, I will again need to check the level of question.

So my suggestion is, can we have a Advanced Search option which will take multiple options in to consideration for better search.
I always found GC MOSTuser friendly than other websites, and it would be my pleasure to give inputs.

Let me know if I sound confusing. This option is not at all available in other websites so it is better to be ahead :-D :lol:

Thanks,
Chetan

Hey GMATClub moderators,

I've got two suggestions that could really help people in getting most of what you already have.

1. Tag search modifications(the post above is better than my suggestion):

right now if I want to do "participle parallelism" problems or "which/that" problems, I click on the respective link but what if I want to do problems that involve both the topics ?

I don't know if there is a way already. I've always been weak in some topics of Quant if they come as "word problems". If I had the option to choose "fractions" and "word problems", it would've been great. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

2. GMATclub tests:

you know that no. of questions for verbal is fewer than Maths questions. What I would like is a separate button to reset Verbal pool and a separate one to reset Maths pool.

Last: I would like to volunteer but after my GMAT. will fill out the form then.

--
stunn3r ..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V165
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
It'd be great if each school's main forum page (that lists the stats of the people applying) would include the % applying with GRE scores and the average of those scores, since we enter our GRE scores in our profiles. This would help determine what type of GRE score it takes to get in to these programs since the schools aren't providing that information.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
stunn3r wrote:
chetan86 wrote:
Hello,

For example,

Thanks,
Chetan

Hey GMATClub moderators,

I've got two suggestions that could really help people in getting most of what you already have.

right now if I want to do "participle parallelism" problems or "which/that" problems, I click on the respective link but what if I want to do problems that involve both the topics ?

I don't know if there is a way already. I've always been weak in some topics of Quant if they come as "word problems". If I had the option to choose "fractions" and "word problems", it would've been great. I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

2. GMATclub tests:

you know that no. of questions for verbal is fewer than Maths questions. What I would like is a separate button to reset Verbal pool and a separate one to reset Maths pool.

--
stunn3r ..

Thank you for the suggestions!
1. Yes, you can combine tags in search (not super easy to figure out though) - it is here: search.php
Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Subforum you want to search tags in, you will get a window like the one below.

2. Reset Verbal and Quant questions - that's a good idea. I will research!
Attachments

2013-10-21_0955.png
2013-10-21_0955.png [ 126.7 KiB | Viewed 4375 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
bb wrote:
stunn3r wrote:
chetan86 wrote:
Hello,

For example,

Thanks,
Chetan

Hey GMATClub moderators,

2. GMATclub tests:

--
stunn3r ..

1. Yes, you can combine tags in search (not super easy to figure out though) - it is here: search.php
Scroll down to the bottom and click on the Subforum you want to search tags in, you will get a window like the one below.

Hey BB,

What that search.php does is give union(U) of all search tags .. but what Me and the poster above and many other people are asking is we want all the tags we specified ..

eg. I searched for 700+, verb voice from magoosh .. your search.php will give all "700+", "verb voice", "magoosh", "verb voice + magoosh", "magoosh + 700+" .. so on all combinations ..

can you do something like we can do "and" and "or" in search .. like database queries or logic gates.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I got it! I understand where the issue is!
It is a small button that's causing it - see this screenshot - you need to set the radio button into the "ALL" position instead of "ANY"

That will produce a search string like this for Magoosh + 700 level + Verb Tense/Form
Attachments

2013-10-21_2144.png
2013-10-21_2144.png [ 65.75 KiB | Viewed 4305 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 530 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
bb wrote:
stunn3r wrote:
chetan86 wrote:
Hello,

For example,

Thanks,
Chetan

Hey GMATClub moderators,

2. GMATclub tests:

--
stunn3r ..

Thanks bb for your help. It is vey much helpful to us.

Thanks,
Chetan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
prateekbhatt wrote:
kvazar wrote:
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!

Thanks for the suggestion, kudos to you.

I coudnt understand point 2, also regarding point 3 why would you want to check other users bookmark, to check a importance of a topic we have KUDOS.

Point 4 can you be more detailed on what things you are looking for in an analysis?

You can also post your suggestions here suggestions-announcements-support-5/

Point 2 is about adding links to the topics that are covered in the questions, e.g. Quesion is on standard deviation - there is a link to SD topic in math book. Like "you don't know ho to approach it? Read theory first. You still don't know? Here's a list of similar topic questions but which are easies". Actually, can't you tag questions automatically based on statistics? Like on web-site. Because many questions lack tags, and it's not obvious if you're doing well, or the questions are too simple.

Point 4, well this will take time, so let me answer it later.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
1. Thank you. We fixed the typo on Wed.
2. - where would you like to see those?
3. We have a favorite option (Star next to the topic name but I am guessing it is not clear/working). Let me see if we can improve that
4. Thank you for the analysis suggestion - I will play with it. Do you have a sketch idea of how you would present a radar chart? that would help a LOT!

Best Regards,
BB

kvazar wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
kvazar wrote:
If you take suggestions, have more:

1. e-mail daily report contains the word "inorrect", believe it should be "incorrect"
2. Is it possible to have some links to topics, that are used in specific questions?
3. Save comments to favourites? Like I see a great comment, but can't read it right now, how do I save it for later? Bookmarks are useful, aslo it would be great to see other users bookmarks "this comment was bookmarked by 100 users" or "top bookmarked comments this week".
4. Analysis of questions in a breakdown by all types and difficulty (radar chart for overview)? And if you add source it will be easier to identify differences having this much data.

P.S.. Bunuel posts "related questions" to some topics, this is gold! Keep it up. If this only would be possible in mobile app (paid ofc)

Thank you for your great work, guys!

Thanks for the suggestion, kudos to you.

I coudnt understand point 2, also regarding point 3 why would you want to check other users bookmark, to check a importance of a topic we have KUDOS.

Point 4 can you be more detailed on what things you are looking for in an analysis?

You can also post your suggestions here suggestions-announcements-support-5/

Point 2 is about adding links to the topics that are covered in the questions, e.g. Quesion is on standard deviation - there is a link to SD topic in math book. Like "you don't know ho to approach it? Read theory first. You still don't know? Here's a list of similar topic questions but which are easies". Actually, can't you tag questions automatically based on statistics? Like on web-site. Because many questions lack tags, and it's not obvious if you're doing well, or the questions are too simple.

Point 4, well this will take time, so let me answer it later.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
1. Thank you. We fixed the typo on Wed.
2. - where would you like to see those?
3. We have a favorite option (Star next to the topic name but I am guessing it is not clear/working). Let me see if we can improve that
4. Thank you for the analysis suggestion - I will play with it. Do you have a sketch idea of how you would present a radar chart? that would help a LOT!

Best Regards,
BB

2. initially this discussion was about gmatclub mobile app. There is a great menu, so one of the options? Basically, this is tagging, it's just that tags are linked to something.
3. What about comments only?
4. hmmm, see sketches in the attachment. Both charts are based on the same data set, but one of them gives you the idea of overall good performance with no weak topics, while the other demonstrates that user clearly has weaknesses on PS, because he fails 'easy' questions, it's either because there are topics within PS he understands worse than other topics or because questions are bad. Obviously, this chart should be layered (you can turn off / on additional info). Me personally, I don't even need this chart, an excel spreadshit with Question type / question tags (from forum post) / time would have been enough for me, but that's me.

Also, is it possible to write notes? like "guess", "csareless" etc. buttons on the timer? I know people use this for their preparation. And another button, did you like it yes/no(why? wrong answer, non-gmat wording). So that moderators will identify bad questions easier (I know there will be false reports, but if 20 users took the question and 10 reported it, thats a good indication of a bad question).
And, another point, is it possible to add few timers per one post? Even better, create a meta-post that will contain set of questions and links to separate discussion thread for each? I've seen a lot of topics with several questions but only one timer.
Attachments

File comment: On the left just a simple chart, on the right it's a chart with questions difficulty levels.
radarchart.png
radarchart.png [ 24.54 KiB | Viewed 4087 times ]

File comment: Table used for the chart, it goes questions taken / correct answers
tableforchart.png
tableforchart.png [ 12.08 KiB | Viewed 4077 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Kudos
I get the following message on my Personalized MBA Timeline:
The deadline for this program/year has not been released yet.
We continuously update deadlines as they are released by schools. If you feel you are getting this message in error, please let us know.

But there is no link in the message that i can click to let you guys know about the deadline. I am planning to apply to NYU Part-time program for which deadline is May 15. Can you guys update it and add a link in the message as well which would be generic for all schools i believe.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I get the following message on my Personalized MBA Timeline:
The deadline for this program/year has not been released yet.
We continuously update deadlines as they are released by schools. If you feel you are getting this message in error, please let us know.

But there is no link in the message that i can click to let you guys know about the deadline. I am planning to apply to NYU Part-time program for which deadline is May 15. Can you guys update it and add a link in the message as well which would be generic for all schools i believe.

Thank you!
Deadline updated and I will have the page updated as well. Thank you for the feedback!!!
Anything else, please let me know
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  44